NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Nah, he is good enough to be considered a reserve striker in our current position. 

We're stronger than last year in the attacking department, the club is still looking to strengthen but will not be held to ransom in what is a very precarious financial market.  How can you be anything but satisfied is beyond logic.

He's currently second choice. Unacceptable.

We're stronger up front since February, that much is true. 1 injury and we're back to what we know isn't good enough.

He's third choice after Ba and Best.

If the reports are true we're trying to sell Best.

Would assume that he would only be allowed to leave if a replacement was found?  Only time will tell...

Would agree that selling best without adding another striker wouldn't be a good move.

We're without our 2 highest scorers from last season.

You can't assume we're better until you the new lot play. It's nice to be optimistic but don't confuse it with facts.

Lovenkrands is the worst of the bunch like, can't believe we haven't just released him!

We need to sign two more strikers imo, i think Ben Arfa will be considered more of a striker for us than a wide man, can see him playing off Ba if injuries occur or on a more regular basis if we don't sign anohter striker which is possible.

Nah, he is good enough to be considered a reserve striker in our current position.  

We're stronger than last year in the attacking department, the club is still looking to strengthen but will not be held to ransom in what is a very precarious financial market.  How you be anything but satisfied is beyond logic.

Based on ?

Signing Ba, of course.  

But we had Carroll last year...

Not for the second half of last season, which is what we are building on :confused:

No, we're building on what we had with Carroll. That was the whole point of selling him, otherwise we're standing still.

We've let go of our two top scorers & the players that have come in are a combination of unproven in this country or coming off the back of injurys issues.

Our strikeforce hasnt necessarily improved atall atm. Which it really should have.

I think when Pardew was talking about a certain 'genre' of striker, he meant someone that could play off the main target man.

I reckon he thinks he only needs two of Ba, Shola and Best, as they'd all have a similar role, and Best is the one who can go. Deal with it, peeps.

We're stronger than last year in the attacking department, the club is still looking to strengthen but will not be held to ransom in what is a very precarious financial market.  How you be anything but satisfied is beyond logic.

We've switched Carroll for Ba, if anything we're weaker. Infact we've hardly improved any of or squad since the start of last season. Carroll for Ba (bad), Nolan for Cabaye (good), Marveaux in.

Gosling (meh) and Ben Arfa coming back obviosly are a bonus, but we're still in a position where a couple of injuries could seriously damage us.

Based on ?

Signing Ba, of course.  

But we had Carroll last year...

Not for the second half of last season, which is what we are building on :confused:

The second half of our season suggested we needed ATLEAST 2 new strikers in. Ameobi and Lovenkrands we're starting week in week out, it was horrible.

I think if you look at the whole squad it's clear that we are using the Carroll sale to good effect.  Besides, there is still ages left in the window...

I'm with you, but for some reason people are freaking out because there's been a lull in our activity.

I really think if we'd signed the players we had more recently, spaced them out more or spent more on them, people would be loving our transfer dealings so far.

I think if you look at the whole squad it's clear that we are using the Carroll sale to good effect.  Besides, there is still ages left in the window...

Not predicting the future but so far the Carroll money has allowed us to sign 2 freebies with dubious injury records. This is what has actually happened so far.

AND THAT'S WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO.

But, with the other additions to our midfield and the possibility of playing 4-5-1 I would be content if we were unable to add another striker.

Well, you and I are a very long way apart in terms of satisfaction if that's the eventual outcome.

But, with the other additions to our midfield and the possibility of playing 4-5-1 I would be content if we were unable to add another striker.

Well, you and I are a very long way apart in terms of satisfaction if that's the eventual outcome.

So if we sign Ba and another striker, you still  won't be satisfied? How many strikers were you expecting us to buy this summer?

Well we aren't trying hard enough, simple as that. If we cannot land Erdinc and such then go lower, even if what we bring in is someone on par with Best for a couple of million it will be better than going into the season with nobody.

Simply put, Shola Ameobi or Peter Lovenkrands SHOULD NOT be starting games next season, and theres absolutely no reason that they should be.

And we may play 4-5-1, but I doubt we will/could play it all season.

So if we sign Ba and another striker, you still  won't be satisfied? How many strikers were you expecting us to buy this summer?

No, Dresden said if we didn't sign another striker he would be ok with that.

That means he's ok with swapping Carroll for Ba.

That's not good enough for me like.

Well we aren't trying hard enough, simple as that. If we cannot land Erdinc and such then go lower, even if what we bring in is someone on par with Best for a couple of million it will be better than going into the season with nobody.

Simply put, Shola Ameobi or Peter Lovenkrands SHOULD NOT be starting games next season, and theres absolutely no reason that they should be.

and I'm fairly certain that is exactly what the club is trying to do.

Keep your annoyance on hold until it's valid.

Ah sorry, misread it.

I would definitely want another striker in, but I still think with Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Ba we are a better attacking side than before. All the signs suggest we are looking for another forward IMO.

:thup:

And we may play 4-5-1, but I doubt we will/could play it all season.

How can you say we aren't trying hard enough? We've made a good number of signings and there's still plenty of time left in the window.

and I'm fairly certain that is exactly what the club is trying to do.

Keep your annoyance on hold until it's valid.

What annoyance? I'm responding to your views that we'd be alright going into the season withought signing another striker. I don't think we will.

We're short at the back and upfront with our friendlies starting in a few days. This can't be considered as anything other than slightly worrying.

As said, you sell one very good striker you gotta replace him with atleast another or two pretty good strikers.

Ba seems the latter to me & i want another. Carroll was bullying defences, i think Ba's more of a finisher. Maybe with a better team behind him, Ba will impress. Either way we should have the money to get two quality strikers to replace Carroll still.