NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

What a bunch of bitter cunts, as if Bolton are an attractive option :lol:  I'm sure Gosling was raring to play in front of 20k fans at some shithole of a stadium for a club that have never been and never will be anything other then fodder, but we offered him more money so he decided against it..

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

David James to Newcastle

Steve Harper to Celtic

Merry-go-round fest ahoy, according to the Pompy Researcher.

I know he wouldn't be available for the first couple of months but if he does sign we really need to try and shift Smith, surely for a nominal fee/free someone would give him a decent enough wage for him to leave knowing he isn't wanted.

I know people think there is no chance but I bet he would have some managers who rate him or think he is worth the punt. It's a shame hodgson has gone to Liverpool because Smith is exactly the sort of player he would have taken to fulham.

Exactly, it's worth giving him away to just save the wages. To think the 60k a week saved would essentially pay for both Gosling and another player, ie De Guzman.

Guest BooBoo

Pointless signing James. Play Forster, Krul on the bench and if we need to bring in a third keeper bring in a youngster.

If you're good enough you're old enough and Forster is ready imo.

Pointless signing James. Play Forster, Krul on the bench and if we need to bring in a third keeper bring in a youngster.

If you're good enough you're old enough and Forster is ready imo.

Why Forster ahead of Krul?

Guest BooBoo

I think he's a better all round keeper. Both are very promising but Forster is the better from the (granted, limited) performances I've seen from them. Krul is a great shot stopper but his dominance of the box is not a patch on Forster.

I think he's a better all round keeper. Both are very promising but Forster is the better from the (granted, limited) performances I've seen from them. Krul is a great shot stopper but his dominance of the box is not a patch on Forster.

Hm, fair enough then. Tbh I've never seen Forster play. But those times I've seen Krul playing he looked like a great goalkeeper to me. Those cup performances shouldn't count that much as he had a very/too young defence in front of him most of the times.

if the harper to celtic story is true then james is a logical transfer for experience alone, neither krul or forster have any and im not sure id trust them yet tbh

Could be a move like Butt to Bayern two years ago. He went their as a number 2 behind Rensing who had just taken over from Kahn. They wanted Butt as an expierenced back up who would be happy with being 2nd choice goalkeeper.

1 year later he was the new number 1, though, because Rensing wasn't good enough.

James is 40 ffs. We can't keep saying every year that Krul and Forster aren't ready for the Prem, because one day we'll lose both of them and perhaps regret it. I'm not saying that they should be first choice this season, but I don't see the point in bringing in another 'keeper if we do lose Harper.

Also, I don't think Harper would move having waited this long for a whole year in the top flight

I would be tempted to give one of the young lads a go but if Harper left and James replaced him I wouldn't be too fussed as we will have improved the area and hopefully send krul or Forster out on loan.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I would like to see you young keepers have a run, Harper is a dodgy keeper at times.