NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/265905-rangers-reject-chance-to-re-sign-peter-lovenkrands/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rangers have turned down the opportunity to take former player Peter Lovenkrands back to Ibrox.

STV understands the SPL side were recently made aware of the Newcastle United player's possible availability, with the Dane having one year left to run on his contract at St James' Park.

But Rangers have rejected the chance to bring the popular player back to the club, as they continue their pursuit of new signings with just under three weeks left in the summer transfer window.

Lovenkrands spent six years with Rangers from 2000 to 2006, making 182 appearances before moving to Schalke 04.

The 31-year-old returned to the UK in 2009 to join Newcastle United, forming part of their Championship winning squad in 2009/10.

He made 29 appearances for the Magpies in the English Premier League last season, scoring seven goals.

Guest Chubby Jason

I called Loven to Rangers weeks ago. I'm quite the visionary.

Not really. They declined him.

I envision he will sign on the 31st of this month.

We must have players on the horizon if we are trying to clear up all of this space  :shifty:

Feeling positive! Oh yeah! :celb:

We know who we want and all is set once we offload some players and free up the wage bill.

All we have to do then is contact the clubs and players to see if they are interested in selling/coming... shouldn`t be a problem...

Don't really see the point of selling Lovenkrands. He is cheap, won't kick up a fuss when inevitably not playing, but will score some important goals when called on in an emergency.

Exactly..The matter would have been quite different if he netted a cool £62 000 a week, like another person we know about..Loverboy is quite capable of scoring against the weaker teams, as I've said many times before.

Don't really see the point of selling Lovenkrands. He is cheap, won't kick up a fuss when inevitably not playing, but will score some important goals when called on in an emergency.

For who, the reserves?  Fuck me.

This is Newcastle. Lovenkrands will get at least 5 games this season.