NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest bimpy474

Everyone in France wants to join us. :snod:

Which is nice, because we're apparently trying to buy everyone in France.

:snod: oui

Ropey link on bbc gossip about man united considering £14m bid for tiote and us bidding £4.5m plus best for nicky maynard

Would take a gamble on Maynard......probably as much of a gamble as paying 8m for that Malian player we were linked with recently. Not sure if he`s worth 4.5+ Best though.

Tiote won't be with us on 1st September. I expect Man Utd and Arsenal to make big bids.

If you're going to make depressing statements like this at least have the common decency to add "I'll do ... if..." and put yourself in Neil's sig.

Tiote's tendency to get booked in every game will lower his price unfortunately.

What like Paul Scholes.

Aye like Paul Scholes, who they didn't have to fork out a fair wedge to buy.

Aye cos he was product of youth team, but my point is their hardly gonna be put off by a hard tackling midfielder who happens to collects cards like confetti cos a player like that has been at the heart of the team for the best part of fifteen years and recently retired.

Tiote's tendency to get booked in every game will lower his price unfortunately.

What like Paul Scholes.

Aye cos he was product of youth team, but my point is their hardly gonna be put off by a hard tackling midfielder who happens to collects cards like confetti cos a player like that has been at the heart of the team for the best part of fifteen years and recently retired.

Of course, but Scholes scored goals, and was a much better passer than Tiote #clutchingatstraws

What like Paul Scholes.

Of course, but Scholes scored goals, and was a much better passer than Tiote #clutchingatstraws

Plus Tiote's not ginger  ;D

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think as we hold all the cards it would take a bid north of 25m to tempt Ashley.

At that price a bit extra would get you modric/schneider.

Why would Man U need a Tiote?

That in response to me?

Either way, there's a difference between saying Tiote isn't a Man U player and Man U don't need Tiote.  The first statement if the kind of crap that Liverpool fans come out with when they are linked with players.

The second statement is a fair enough statement but I reckon they'd get some benefit from having him, especially when they came across teams who can keep the ball comfortably in midfield.  His energy and dynamism is a big help in those situations.