NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I think Rodallega will come at a premium price which will be far more than he's worth. Whelan will screw us over big time so I think that's a no goer. I'm hopeful that we'll still strike Erdinc tbh. At least that's a player who Carr clearly rates and has been following.

Saw in a piece to video that Douglas did for the Chronicle that Erdinc's club wanted 10.5m but we were only prepared to go to 7.5m so the deal fell through - for the sake of that 3m.

Was interested because I don't remember him being that precise in print.

Maybe we will go back in now, as they do seem to be mostly guided by Carr's judgement.

Why does a striker have to be 'available'?? Pretty sure most clubs say a player is unavailable but if the price is right, anyone can be bought.

Some clubs may not be interested in selling their best players. Strangely, some owners might have the mentality that the point of running a football club is to build a good football team.

Chelsea chairman was on Talksport sat morning and said Sturridge wouldn't be going out on loan

He'll start for Chelsea when he's available I think.

aye I do too, for all of Chelsea's attacking options most of them are on the way down quickly, Drogbas not got much left Anelkas declining rapidly and Malouda's just past it. So why would they sell or loan a player who last season was starting to show his full ability when they need to freshen up the team anyway

Chelsea chairman was on Talksport sat morning and said Sturridge wouldn't be going out on loan

aye I do too, for all of Chelsea's attacking options most of them are on the way down quickly, Drogbas not got much left Anelkas declining rapidly and Malouda's just past it. So why would they sell or loan a player who last season was starting to show his full ability when they need to freshen up the team anyway

Erm, what? Based on?

Why does a striker have to be 'available'?? Pretty sure most clubs say a player is unavailable but if the price is right, anyone can be bought.

But not us, if their not available that means expensive which rules us oot.

His record of scoring in every pre-season game and fitting in perfectly into the formation where they're lacking other quality options plays to his advantage as well.

i dont understand all this "drawing up list" talk constantly about our search for a leftback or striker.

I know its alot more complex than it used to be (for whatever reasons, but thats what managers keep saying) but surly its a case of, identifying a player, making an enquiry and then moving on or placing a firm offer and negotiate from their.

its abit late now to be drawing down a list of strikers or leftbacks when we knew this situation was going to occur since February 1st!

and the excuse of jose leaving and saying "we didnt want two expensive fullbacks on our books" doesnt wash. you agree everything but dont sign the documents till you have someone else in. Liverpool done that with torres so why couldnt we with jose? it just seems abit strange.

its pretty obvious weve got a limited budget but we are short in both departments. i just dont understand why were leaving it this late as if this is all some kind of shock the position we are in squad wise

Guest pont-toon

Not a press rumour but a rumour non the less........Burnley fans on one of their forums are discussing a 7million bid from nufc for some gadge called Jay Rodriguez - never heard of the lad myself.

Not a press rumour but a rumour non the less........Burnley fans on one of their forums are discussing a 7million bid from nufc for some gadge called Jay Rodriguez - never heard of the lad myself.

Hope he doesn't play for Burnley