NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I can't even imagine what kind of player we're actually pursuing as a striker target right now. Would be quite "out of the blue" if we somehow pull it off before Saturday.

We where linked with Rodellaga this morning, would you take him?

I can't even imagine what kind of player we're actually pursuing as a striker target right now. Would be quite "out of the blue" if we somehow pull it off before Saturday.

At this point I think I'd even take Carleton Cole. :lol:

I would. Obviously not the most glamorous option but he'd improve our play.

In Ba's defence it seemed like every time we broke he made a run off the shoulder of a defender and we just kept choosing the easy option into Shola's feet. Someone further forward in midfield would help the link up play

We couldn't get anybody there due to the opposition.  If we did push a cm up there we'd have lost.

The season has started, it's diabolical management that we don't already have a striker in TBH

Absolutely criminal that we've had no Carroll for 8 months and we've known Enrique wanted out for equally as long, we've been sat there with 35m to sort it and we're now a match into the season, with the biggest away game of the year on Saturday, and neither position even looks like being imminently sorted.

We do have Demba Ba in though, do you know Ba?

Haven't you heard? He played bad for 45 minutes, it's confirmed that he's another Shola.

My neighbour is a season ticket holder and has wrought him off already ,tbh thats stupid considering with our new signings fit and playing a new style of football he will hopefully come good .

Haven't you heard? He played bad for 45 minutes, it's confirmed that he's another Shola.

My neighbour is a season ticket holder and has wrought him off already ,tbh thats stupid considering with our new signings fit and playing a new style of football he will hopefully come good .

Your neighbour sounds like he needs a slap.

:lol:

Watched Shane Long today and he really put himself about as well as get the goal against top premier opposition. While one swallow doesn't make a summer, there's something to be said for buying players you've scouted and really want rather than run down a list of free transfers/clause releases etc. I hope we've done our homework on the next striker coming in because we definitely need a pacy forward who'll work the channels rather than another big lad to fight for the high balls without particularly holding the ball up well.

All of Ba's goals at West Ham were either scrambled in after the ball was bouncing around in the area or headed in from a free kick and most of the goals I can find on Youtube scored by him at Hoffenheim are very similar too. Nothing wrong with that of course, being in the right place at the right time is obviously a hell of a lot more difficult than it looks, but is he a player who will make things happen himself up front?

He strikes me as a more clinical and dangerous version of what we've got and that's great but we're absolutely desperate for pace, mobility and skill in the striking department, as well as (simplistic as it sounds) a decent shot, it's putting too much responsibility on the midfield when our strikers all need 'service'. Whoever we sign really needs to be able to make things happen, whether it be for himself or others.

In conclusion, sign Daniel Sturridge ffs.

we're absolutely desperate for pace, mobility and skill in the striking department, as well as (simplistic as it sounds) a decent shot, it's putting too much responsibility on the midfield when our strikers all need 'service'. Whoever we sign really needs to be able to make things happen, whether it be for himself or others.

What would your take be if we were to sign Rodallega?

we're absolutely desperate for pace, mobility and skill in the striking department, as well as (simplistic as it sounds) a decent shot, it's putting too much responsibility on the midfield when our strikers all need 'service'. Whoever we sign really needs to be able to make things happen, whether it be for himself or others.

What would your take be if we were to sign Rodallega?

I've never been that impressed with him tbh, I've always thought the lower echelons of the league was about his level.