NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

I dont want a Huntelaar, a viduka, a yakubu or a raul type player. One last paycheck. Weve been down that route.

Unless we get someone hungry who would significantly improve us, i would stick with what we have!

I dont want a Huntelaar, a viduka, a yakubu or a raul type player. One last paycheck. Weve been down that route.

Unless we get someone hungry who would significantly improve us, i would stick with what we have!

Huntelaar is 26, it certainly wouldn't be a last pay day.

Huntelaar was a pile of sh***te when in Spain, the same has been said of him at Milan.

Would cost us too much and would want astronomical wages, would rather have somebody like Zamora...

He wasn't a pile of shite in Spain, 8 goals in something like 12 starts.  Diarra getting selected instead of him for the extra CL place also fucked him over a bit.

To say you'd prefer Zamora is absurd.  A good 6 month spell after years and years of being a joke and now he's suddenly a top class forward.

It is absolutely absurd. But I saw Huntelaar a lot last season for Milan and I honestly don't understand where all the fuss originally came from.

He was on fire when he was still in Holland.

2004–2005 Heerenveen 46 (33)

2005–2009 Ajax 92 (76)

Guest taps01

It is absolutely absurd. But I saw Huntelaar a lot last season for Milan and I honestly don't understand where all the fuss originally came from.

I remember seeing him play against Rep Ireland a few years back, i think it was just before he joined Madrid. He looked absolute class and i thought ready for the next step up.  It hasnt quite worked out for him since and having watched him a few times over the last couple of seasons he has looked very average.  There is obviously a reason why he didnt get play time at Madrid or for A C Milan and that is simply because he isnt good enough.  Having said all that he would probable shine again at a mid tale team in one of the top leagues. 

We should have bought him after he scored that goal against us in the UEFA, I remember that I badly wanted us to get him and for some reason kinda convinced myself it would happen. :lol: Ah, the good old days, when I knew what the word optimism meant.

We should have bought him after he scored that goal against us in the UEFA, I remember that I badly wanted us to get him and for some reason kinda convinced myself it would happen. :lol: Ah, the good old days, when I knew what the word optimism meant.

Ah, i know. That was under Souness n'all!

Not to be all sentimental and whatnot, but i mean, if you just step back from the last five years or so with a clear head - and actually observe what has happened. Fucking hell. If someone had told me in say, July 2004 - what the next six years would entail. Shittt.

I know the Huntelaar link is unlikely, but surprised by some of the comments tbh. People not keen because he's supposedly been 'rubbish' at Madrid (not true by the way!) and Milan. Um ... you do understand the kind of players he was in competition with at these clubs right? We've just been promoted from the championship and I'm pretty confident he would be a huge upgrade on what we have.

Wouldn't describe him as a big time charlie discarded from a top club either. Who is then likely to come over for the money and take the piss. He hasn't really gotten a chance at either Madrid or Milan and so will be hungry to prove himself, especially as he is still just 26. Wouldn't be surprised if he would even be willing to take less money just to play. He's going to have to drop down a level in the club he joins next to play more, and so it is likely he will have to do this anyway.