NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest BooBoo

I think there'll be at least one big name sold in the last few days. Wouldn't rule out Valencia coming back for Colo.

Guest bimpy474

I think there'll be at least one big name sold in the last few days. Wouldn't rule out Valencia coming back for Colo.

That's my thinking as well.

I really dont like you two :D

Hughton keen on Ranger

Blues boss eyes Magpies forward, while ruling out imminent exits

Birmingham boss Chris Hughton admits he has held tentative talks regarding a move for Newcastle striker Nile Ranger.

The Blues remain in the market for fresh faces as the transfer window starts to edge towards a conclusion.

With their opening three games of the new Championship season producing just three goals, firepower is a quality they are keen to bring in.

Magpies starlet Ranger has been identified as a possible recruit, with first-team opportunities limited for the 20-year-old on Tyneside.

The youngster has, however, already turned down the chance to join Blackpool on loan and would need some convincing to step down to the second tier.

Enquiries

Hughton admits he has no idea whether Ranger would be interested in a move to St Andrews, with discussions regarding a deal at a very early stage.

He said: "It is just enquiries and finding out where he is at this particular moment, but at this stage of the season there are numerous players we could be making enquiries about."

Meanwhile, Hughton claims there is no news regarding possible departures.

Nikola Zigic and Liam Ridgewell have been linked with imminent exits of late, but their manager insists there are no deals in place.

Hughton added: "We have had lots of interest and enquiries but we are no further down the line today than last week or the week before."

link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7122180,00.html

Guest Recoba

At this stage id take Emnes. Probably says more about my  expectations than anything.

It seemed for a while he was a bit of a Xisco for Boro. Biggish fee, young, useless.

Emnes looked good for Swansea last season so I was surprised they signed up Routledge instead.

Looks to be flourishing now under Mowbray, wearing boros 9 and scoring.

Could be a decent signing but a bit Victor Moses. Would expect better.

I'd love a bit of Max Gradel, even though I'm not entirely convinced Barton needs "replaced", as such. We're jam-packed with midfielders.

I'd rather we spent any further money on improving the defence (on top of the left-back).

Guest bimpy474

Still to make a decision on Situ and Rémy. What a surprise.

:dowiespin:

?

Why has this been turned into a negative? Taking our time deciding on trialists that is

Nature of our pessimism at the moment i think, everything has gone uber negative.

?

Why has this been turned into a negative? Taking our time deciding on trialists that is

Just tired of us not not being able to tie anything down. They've been here more than long enough for us to come to a conclusion.

?

Just tired of us not not being able to tie anything down. They've been here more than long enough for us to come to a conclusion.

:lol:

How can you possibly know that?

Guest bimpy474

I'd love a bit of Max Gradel, even though I'm not entirely convinced Barton needs "replaced", as such. We're jam-packed with midfielders.

I'd rather we spent any further money on improving the defence (on top of the left-back).

We need one of those D(LRC) you get on FM, they do exist in real life apparently.

We need one of those D(LRC) you get on FM, they do exist in real life apparently.

I'd have been happy with Boyata on loan, personally. He's a bit of a utility man at the back.

?

They've been here for more than a week now. You'd think we would be able to judge their abilities by now.

Guest bimpy474

I'd have been happy with Boyata on loan, personally. He's a bit of a utility man at the back.

Damn he gone to Bolton, Old Aaron Hughes is a LRC,  lets get him, oh he's 30, damn.

Thinking.................(going to load FM to cheat)..............................:)

Guest bimpy474

?

They've been here for more than a week now. You'd think we would be able to judge their abilities by now.

Only had one game though a friendly against a Gateshead 11 ? , reckon they will play in a proper reserve game and thats when we will decide.

?

It varies, unless of course I'm mistaken and you've personally overseen their training on a day to day basis. Give your head a shake man.

Guest Heneage

He's a bit of a maverick (cunt) is he really what we need? Seems temperamental to say the least.