NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

It's a situation entirely of our own making. Going into a season with only 3 CHs is asking for bother. We should have bought in the summer but chose not to, for whatever reason. Now all 3 are out and we've got no-one else to blame but ourselves.

No point whinging about it, just got to get on with it. Injuries are part and parcel of the game and it shows our lack of cover. Needs to be rectified asap. 

It's a situation entirely of our own making. Going into a season with only 3 CHs is asking for bother. We should have bought in the summer but chose not to, for whatever reason. Now all 3 are out and we've got no-one else to blame but ourselves.

No point whinging about it, just got to get on with it. Injuries are part and parcel of the game and it shows our lack of cover. Needs to be rectified asap. 

Especially considering one of them was already injured before the transfer window closed, with an injury that has been severe enough to see him miss four months of the season.

spot on. 

Especially considering one of them was already injured before the transfer window closed, with an injury that has been severe enough to see him miss four months of the season.

And another not exactly having a clean slate when it comes to injuries..

We could do with Tiote back too to protect Perch and Simpson too. Thankfully the fixture list has been relatively kind and we're not facing an Aguero, Rooney, van Persie etc imminently as they would rip them apart. We'll still have keep the ball better and protect them but that's part of the game. 

Just got to hope it is guesswork. We'd have probably heard from Pardew if he wasn't too serious though :(

Probably is guesswork in the end. Some have said Colo will be out for 2 weeks (at least though :undecided:), some have said a month. He's having a scan tomorrow so we'll probably know more by tomorrow afternoon.

Injury-hit Newcastle eye two new defenders

Alan Pardew is preparing a double defensive swoop in January to patch up his Newcastle side's injury-ravaged back line.

The Magpies could buy TWO new defenders next month – with Montpellier skipper Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and PSV Eindhoven’s Erik Pieters high on the list – after being badly exposed on Saturday against Chelsea.

Steven Taylor had an Achilles operation yesterday, ruling him out for most of the season, while skipper Fabricio Coloccini could miss a month with a thigh strain.

In addition, the Magpies’ third-choice centre-back, Mike Williamson, won’t be back before Christmas after suffering a broken arm and an ankle problem.

That leaves James Perch and Danny Simpson as the likely centre-back pairing for next weekend’s trip to Norwich, with Italy Under-21 international Davide Santon in line to play at right-back.

Pardew is busily patching a small squad that's being ripped apart by injuries, but has ordered his fit players to show some defiance.

“The injuries are our biggest concern now," he said. "We’ve had a brilliant season so far, but injuries are going to come our way and you have to cope with it.

“We’re coming into games now [that] we know are winnable, and could let us back into that top four.

“But at some point in the season you’re going to get into difficult situations and it looks like we’re in a difficult one – but the spirit of the group will remain strong as we go to the next game.

“I was pleased with James Perch [against Chelsea] because he came on in a really intense game against a top player, and although he started shaky he got better as the game went on and that was pleasing.

“We’ve been a bit unlucky in these three games, we’ve not had our best squad to pick from, yet my team are competitive.”

Steven Taylor told of the “weird feeling” he experienced when his Achilles popped.

“I’m absolutely devastated,” he said. “I’m just focused on working hard and getting back after the operation. I’ve just got to get myself fit.

“I thought someone had kicked me, but when I turned around there was no one there.

"It felt so weird. I didn’t know what was going on.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-transfer-gossip-Defenders-Mapou-Yanga-Mbiwa-of-Montpellier-and-Erik-Pieters-of-PSV-Eindhoven-targeted-as-injuries-strike-article839448.html

Injury-hit Newcastle eye two new defenders

Alan Pardew is preparing a double defensive swoop in January to patch up his Newcastle side's injury-ravaged back line.

The Magpies could buy TWO new defenders next month – with Montpellier skipper Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and PSV Eindhoven’s Erik Pieters high on the list – after being badly exposed on Saturday against Chelsea.

Steven Taylor had an Achilles operation yesterday, ruling him out for most of the season, while skipper Fabricio Coloccini could miss a month with a thigh strain.

In addition, the Magpies’ third-choice centre-back, Mike Williamson, won’t be back before Christmas after suffering a broken arm and an ankle problem.

That leaves James Perch and Danny Simpson as the likely centre-back pairing for next weekend’s trip to Norwich, with Italy Under-21 international Davide Santon in line to play at right-back.

Pardew is busily patching a small squad that's being ripped apart by injuries, but has ordered his fit players to show some defiance.

“The injuries are our biggest concern now," he said. "We’ve had a brilliant season so far, but injuries are going to come our way and you have to cope with it.

“We’re coming into games now [that] we know are winnable, and could let us back into that top four.

“But at some point in the season you’re going to get into difficult situations and it looks like we’re in a difficult one – but the spirit of the group will remain strong as we go to the next game.

“I was pleased with James Perch [against Chelsea] because he came on in a really intense game against a top player, and although he started shaky he got better as the game went on and that was pleasing.

“We’ve been a bit unlucky in these three games, we’ve not had our best squad to pick from, yet my team are competitive.”

Steven Taylor told of the “weird feeling” he experienced when his Achilles popped.

“I’m absolutely devastated,” he said. “I’m just focused on working hard and getting back after the operation. I’ve just got to get myself fit.

“I thought someone had kicked me, but when I turned around there was no one there.

"It felt so weird. I didn’t know what was going on.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-transfer-gossip-Defenders-Mapou-Yanga-Mbiwa-of-Montpellier-and-Erik-Pieters-of-PSV-Eindhoven-targeted-as-injuries-strike-article839448.html

:giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs: :giggs:

I hope to f*ck this is true, because we damn sure need some defensive depth.......

Tbh its the managements fault for not realising this before the season started we had 3 CB's in the whole squad ( one of which was injured until Xmas) the fact we have played the same 2 CB's with no injuries until now was nothing short of a miracle.....

Heres hoping we can through the month ahead relatively unscathed and hope Coloccini and Williamson are back fit and some additions are made.

I agree, but it's still pretty bad luck to have three of your best CBs injured at the same time. Not many squads could cope with that without difficulty.

I agree, but it's still pretty bad luck to have three of your best CBs injured at the same time. Not many squads could cope with that without difficulty.

Anyone would struggle. I would be surprised though if our Board decided to invest just because a player will be out for the rest of the season. I don't think they would class such a signing as being 'value for money'.

Would be happy at this stage with as a backup CB/LB but not as Taylor s replacement BUT I think its being rumoured Spuds was £8m :lol: they can fuck off.

Thing is with Bassong he played his best football here, left to find the grass is not always greener, sometimes a return can bring the best out of a player again.