NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Tiote goes and we spend the money on Samba, Cissokho, a striker and a tiote replacement. Is anyone happy with that?

Depends on the Tiote replacement. We SHOULD be able to get those players in anyway so no probably not.

Guest Chubby Jason

Tiote goes and we spend the money on Samba, Cissokho, a striker and a tiote replacement. Is anyone happy with that?

No. Selling Carroll and renaming the stadium are two hideous trade offs that should have resulted in more players coming in. We shouldn't need to sell another to fund further signings.

Would it be ridiculous to suggest it would be the best centre back partnership in the league?  :undecided:

I was trying to think of good centre back pairings in the league yesterday and it seems a lot these days are either very raw or brilliant defenders who are starting to let age catch up with them a bit.

Actually just remembered City so forgot the best but still well up there  :whistle:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Could you imagine a defensive spine consisting of Krul, Samba, Coloccini and Tiote? It's a shame we'll start to sell some of them because there are times where we look to have the opportunity to really push on and build a hugely competitive team.

Didn't Samba just sign a new contract? Best start some scurrilous rumours to start unsettling him and get him on strike.

Blackburn selling him would pretty indicate their intention to go down n all. Would be madness.

Didn't Samba just sign a new contract? Best start some scurrilous rumours to start unsettling him and get him on strike.

Blackburn selling him would pretty indicate their intention to go down n all. Would be madness.

If they're fucked financially and nobody wants to buy chicken they'll have to sell him. The owners seem the type that would be impressed by Alan Smith's superstar appearance, so maybe we could swap him off in the process.

Would it be ridiculous to suggest it would be the best centre back partnership in the league?  :undecided:

I was trying to think of good centre back pairings in the league yesterday and it seems a lot these days are either very raw or brilliant defenders who are starting to let age catch up with them a bit.

Actually just remembered City so forgot the best but still well up there  :whistle:

I reckon you were right the first time. Lescott's improved a lot over the last year but I'd still take Colo over him any day of the week. As for a partner for Colo, Samba would be a lot more suited to him in my opinion. As a partnership at CB it would be incredible.

Zaha only just signed a new 5-year contract a few days ago. Nathaniel Clyne's contract is up in the summer, but I've read Man Utd are after him so...  :'(

And where would he end up playing first team football? If's he's not after the money!

Clyne would go straight into the Man Utd first team.

If they're fucked financially and nobody wants to buy chicken they'll have to sell him. The owners seem the type that would be impressed by Alan Smith's superstar appearance, so maybe we could swap him off in the process.

Most ludicrous comment I have ever seen on the board.

Nobody wants to buy chicken :yao:

Priorities

1 LB: 1. Cissokho 2. Pieters 3. M'Bengue 4. Bertrand/Van Aaanholt 5. Ridgewell

2. CB: 1. Yaanga-Mbiwa 2. Cahill 3. Douglas 4 Tomkins 5 Bassong

3. RW: 1 Shaqiri 2 Farfan 3. Hoillet 4. Barnetta 5. Knockaert

3 players plus replacements for any sold (unless we sell Krul)

Samba would be a great signing until it became clear he was Colo's replacement.

Be an odd replacement if so. They couldn't be more different types of defender.

Indeed,that's why it'd be a bit underwhelming and take the shine off the transfer a bit imo.