NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/26/luuk-de-jong-flattered-by-newcastle-united-interest-72703-30008077/

HOLLAND striker Luuk de Jong has opened the door for a January switch to St James’ Park by admitting he is “flattered” by Newcastle’s interest in him.

United have watched the FC Twente forward over the winter months and the Chronicle understands he is one of three strikers on their hit-list.

They also like Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha and Lille’s Moussa Sow.

De Jong has told reporters back in his homeland he would love to join the Toon – and reckons that the English Premier League would be “perfect” for his style.

The highly-rated 21-year-old earned a call-up to the Dutch senior squad after a stunning run of form for Twente. He has scored once in six games for the national side and is also being watched by Everton.

De Jong said: “Of course in the future I’d love to play in the EPL. I’ve read about all the interest but personally I haven’t heard so much till now.

“The Premier League is a really good competition and I think that the type of football played there is suited for me. They play a lot with long balls and crosses, while some teams play really good football.

“Defensively a lot of teams play in zones so there is always a lot of space between the lines.

“(The speculation) is a sign I’m doing my job well otherwise if it’s true then these clubs wouldn’t be following me.

“Believe me all this doesn’t affect me or keep me occupied, for me it’s only important that I’m fully focused and playing well for FC Twente again after a period when I wasn’t as good.”

It is by no means certain that United will swoop for a striker in January, with centre-back targets appearing to take priority in this window. They have enquired about Ajax’s Belgian defender Jan Vertonghen and tabled a bid for West Ham’s James Tomkins.

But manager Alan Pardew said last week that after the breakdown of Modibo Maiga’s move from Sochaux, there are no guarantees that Newcastle will be able to move swiftly in the window. He said: “It’s a difficult window to get a good player when people don’t want to lose their good players.

“It’s not just difficult for us, it’s difficult for every team. You locate a player, then they’ve got to get a replacement – and is another first-team going to let them go? There’s a knock-on effect.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16335778.stm

30secs. :shifty:

“It’s a difficult window to get a good player when people don’t want to lose their good players."

Aye, because teams are more than happy to lose their good players during the summer, Alan :lol:

“It’s a difficult window to get a good player when people don’t want to lose their good players."

Aye, because teams are more than happy to lose their good players during the summer, Alan :lol:

Maybe not more than happy, but somewhat happier than losing a good player halfway through a season to be fair to him.

Well ofc, if we offered Liverpool £40m for their tea lady I'm sure they would be willing to let their pre-match brew for the coaching staff to suffer for a few weeks.

Waste of money. She's shite.

Would much rather bring in someone more cultured from the continent. They'll be more technically gifted when it comes to coffee (it's how they're raised) as well as being cheaper than buying English. You always pay over the odds for English.

Montpellier President on Giroud's future...

"Newcastle? They're too weak for him....(bollocks about Arsenal and them wanting €50m for him.)"

Righto. Hasn't he already admitted that Giroud has a release clause (€10m)?

Guest hatem garrincha

Doesn't look like it. He says that with over 2 years still on his contract he'd cost at least €50-60m. (Obviously he'll go for less like)

Giroud is very, very far from that value.

Doesn't look like it. He says that with over 2 years still on his contract he'd cost at least €50-60m. (Obviously he'll go for less like)

which striker would you recommend from france? seeing as that seems to be where we are scouting most heavily.

Well, he said this before:

“We will do everything to keep them. The only problem is that Olivier Giroud has a clause. It is a fashion nowadays anyway,” said the controversial president."

So either he's got a new contract, or Nicollin has misunderstood something.

which striker would you recommend from france? seeing as that seems to be where we are scouting most heavily.

Giroud the best striker in the Ligue right now.

Guest hatem garrincha

Erdinc would be a very good complement to Ba.

I was very much hoping we would get Erdinc.

Guest hatem garrincha

I was very much hoping we would get Erdinc.

A very good striker, moving a lot up front, powerfull and comfortable with the ball.

PSG price for him is Eur7m.

Bordeaux, Rennes (and mackems ?) want him.