Steven Taylor back soon

He's even more of a worry at centre half though.

Only because of the nature of the positions. I'd still be inclined to say he's a better centre back than right back.

I don't think some people realise how important another good full back is for us. I think its a priority over a new CB.

Finding another player to balance out the right side, can help defend in the box, can stop people getting down the flanks and in behind, someone that can work in tandem with our right midfielder, or push up allowing out right mid to push inside etc. It'll give us a lot and take a lot of pressure off in other area's

The contribution of Jose on the left has a big impact, for our centre backs, most definitely for Jonas, and for like likes of Carroll, Shola and runners into the box with his crosses.

This is the reason i wouldn't want to stick him in there over buying/loaning someone better and keeping him for CB competition with the other 2. He doesnt tick any of the boxes I highlighted above.

I don't think some people realise how important another good full back is for us. I think its a priority over a new CB.

Pretty much everyone reckons we need a new RB like.

That's what I thought, I'm just scared of all this talk of playing Taylor there

Chances are we're going to have to make do with what we've got and at the moment he is probably the best we have to play RB as Simpson is poor and will be exposed badly against anyone half decent next season. Taylor also offers a bit more going forward and from set pieces.

Guest Roger Kint

All very well saying a RB is a priority, as we arent going to spend anything that makes it null and void at the minute

Hughton won't play (Steven) Taylor there, I don't know everyone keeps going on about it.

Guest palnese

We don't think it's completely out of the question, would he drop one from Williamson, Colo or s Taylor?

NEWCASTLE defender Steven Taylor is refusing to be rushed into a decision on his future.

Rather than being on the verge of agreeing to sign a new contract at St James’ Park, Taylor is waiting for confirmation of United’s ambitions before committing himself to a long-term deal.

Magpies’ manager Chris Hughton said this week that a contract offer for Taylor, currently tied to Newcastle only until next summer, was imminent and that discussions with the player had begun.

But Taylor, who is working on his fitness while on holiday in Los Angeles, has held no meaningful talks with the club as yet.

And the 24-year-old does not expect any development in his situation until well after the United squad return for pre-season training next month and Hughton’s squad strengthening plans take shape.

Taylor is on the radar of several of newly-promoted Newcastle’s Premier League rivals, who are mindful of the possibility of him letting his contract run down and then speaking to other clubs as a prospective free agent in January.

But sources close to the former England Under-21 international have confirmed he will stick with his boyhood team – if he feels they will continue moving forward under Hughton’s calm and composed management.

“If the ambition of the club is right, he wants to stay,” one of Taylor’s confidants said last night.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2010/06/13/steven-taylor-takes-time-to-think-about-nufc-future-79310-26640979/

A) He needs confirmation of ambiton errr there is none, zilch, zero.

B) Wonder if the close source to Taylor is: Alf Taylor or Lee Ryder or Faye Johnstone

Guest firetotheworks

Hughton won't play (Steven) Taylor there, I don't know everyone keeps going on about it.

The same reason we all talked about playing Guthrie in Centre Midfield for so long...it makes sense.

I think if Taylor had not been injured he proberbly would been called up to the England squad, at least the top 30.

:mackems:

It is laughable but he's better than Dawson. So's Mike Williamson tbh.

He's not as good as Dawson, man. People like Wullie just aren't big enough to admit that a player they once ridiculed has now become a solid option. Things change, there's a time to hold the hands up.

As for Williamson, he has all of Dawson's weaknesses and few of his strengths.

I think if Taylor had not been injured he proberbly would been called up to the England squad, at least the top 30.

I agree  :thup:

Erm..... no

'the f*** you noing at?  :lol:

Its a bit of outrageous statement, he hasn't proven himself at any decent level to be even close to being a thought. I like him, he'll challenge soon I reckon, but definitely not now

Erm..... no

Its a bit of outrageous statement, he hasn't proven himself at any decent level to be even close to being a thought. I like him, he'll challenge soon I reckon, but definitely not now

Exactly why my reply was sarcasm. Taylor is nowhere near the level of the England squad and even if he was, Capello wouldnt have picked him at a chamionship club.

Erm..... no

Exactly why my reply was sarcasm. Taylor is nowhere near the level of the England squad and even if he was, Capello wouldnt have picked him at a chamionship club.

Haha, I know, it wasn't a no to your reply

Erm..... no

He was by far our best defender excluding Enrique last time we were in the Premier League,