José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sittingontheball

The key word there is "hope". Just think how the glory hunters would take it if he took their little Wayney away. Virtually every other team loses players at their peak, and most of them aren't in hock to the tune of several hundred million.

The papers have mentioned the players you list as rumours already, but come on, he's got Real's money! The money that bought CRonaldo at eighty million. He's also got the gift of the gab and can chat players up better than anyone. Aim higher! C'mon Jose! Get Raul out of the way and play Rooney. El Presidente will like it.

I do think he'll sign Ashley Cole. LB is by far Real's weaked position.

And more than the other English players Mourinho's being linked with, Cole will probably appreciate going abroad to get away from the media spotlight.

Still think he might lure Gerrard, too. It's his last chance for a big move to a potential trophy-winning situation.

Gerrard would be a pretty good signing for Barcelona imo, especially if the Fabregas deal doesn't go through. Would provide a different kind of threat from central midfield to what they currently have in the squad, on top of probably being well suited to the formation Barca play. With 2 central midfielders behind/alongside him, he could concentrate more on what he's good at (i.e. driving towards goal from deep and shooting from the edge of the box) instead of getting bogged down deeper in central midfield where he lacks the passing/discipline to be effective. Then again, Madrid will probably play that sort of system/formation under Mourinho, so in theory Gerrard should slot in nicely there too.

Also suspect he'd fit in with Barca's style of play better than what one might reason - for some reason for England he feels the need to play like a dickhead and try lots of long balls to players who aren't making runs, so looks gash as a result. But when Liverpool have played well in the past, he's been pretty clinical in possession as the drilled movement around him has often allowed him to play a simpler, more effective pass and move game. Given that Barca have just about the best movement in club football, I'd not be suprised if he were to slot in very nicely.

On that note, pretty suprised to see that Gerrard has only just turned 30 (actual birthday is today). Assumed he was 32 or something. Bit like Xavi (also 30), seems to have been around for ages.

Guest Heneage

Barca supporters should be pretty nervy right now.

Aye, like we were supposed to be at this point last season when they spunk €300m on players. It ended up pretty well.

But that's just what Mourinho loves, the underdog status, you're just playing into his 'Us against the world' mentality. The fact he's got under performing stars, and problems is what he thrives in, I've never seen a manager bond a team like him. The players now all know they have the best in the business right now, and he knows he has some of the best talents and in Ronaldo arguably the joint best player in the world.

I'm not saying get ready to give the trophy over. But Barca didn't cruise to the title this year, they were kept right down to the wire with Madrid.

Aye, like we were supposed to be at this point last season when they spunk €300m on players. It ended up pretty well.

But that's just what Mourinho loves, the underdog status, you're just playing into his 'Us against the world' mentality. The fact he's got under performing stars, and problems is what he thrives in, I've never seen a manager bond a team like him. The players now all know they have the best in the business right now, and he knows he has some of the best talents and in Ronaldo arguably the joint best player in the world.

I'm not saying get ready to give the trophy over. But Barca didn't cruise to the title this year, they were kept right down to the wire with Madrid.

Have you read the Madrid press? Underdog my arse, they are talking like they have already won the treble. Exactly like they did last year. They always do that. And I love it, it motivates us.

Some headlines culled from Marca:

"What won't Mourinho win at Real Madrid?"

"Europe already fears Mourinho's Madrid"

"Florentino's cleverness gives Mourinho's Madrid its first victory"

"Mou, the trophy collector"

Mourinho quite sensibly is actually trying to reign in their arrogance, since Florentino wanted a Galactico unveiling like Cronaldo got last year but Mou's asked for a traditional unveiling at the press room.

Guest Heneage

Have you read the Madrid press? Underdog my arse, they are talking like they have already won the treble. Exactly like they did last year. They always do that. And I love it, it motivates us.

Some headlines culled from Marca:

"What won't Mourinho win at Real Madrid?"

"Europe already fears Mourinho's Madrid"

"Florentino's cleverness gives Mourinho's Madrid its first victory"

"Mou, the trophy collector"

Mourinho quite sensibly is actually trying to reign in their arrogance, since Florentino wanted a Galactico unveiling like Cronaldo got last year but Mou's asked for a traditional unveiling at the press room.

I'd still wager that the sensible media will have yourselves as favourites.

Got a clause in his Real contract which allows him to leave after two years should Manchester United want him, apparently.

That's interesting indeed. But on the other hand it's disappointing because now (assuming that's true) it becomes obvious that he won't manage at SJP. (if there was ever the smallest chance)

Got a clause in his Real contract which allows him to leave after two years should Manchester United want him, apparently.

That's interesting indeed. But on the other hand it's disappointing because now (assuming that's true) it becomes obvious that he won't manage at SJP. (if there was ever the smallest chance)

Aye from 1,000,000/1 to 100,000,000/1 now :(

Aye from 1,000,000/1 to 100,000,000/1 now :(

Exactly. Disappointing as I've said.

Are you sure they said Manchester United, he might of said United but people always always that's Manchester ;)

And there's my hope again.   :pow:

Surely he didn't mean Sheffield United  :lol:

Are you sure they said Manchester United, he might of said United but people always always that's Manchester ;)

Sorry boys. :( "Mourinho will have Man United release clause in Madrid contract"

Sorry boys. :( "Mourinho will have Man United release clause in Madrid contract"

Source?

Source?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Jose-Mourinho-will-have-an-escape-clause-in-his-Real-Madrid-contract-enabling-him-to-join-Manchester-United-article442105.html

Source?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Jose-Mourinho-will-have-an-escape-clause-in-his-Real-Madrid-contract-enabling-him-to-join-Manchester-United-article442105.html

Privately Mourinho admits United is the only job that interests him in England, despite frequently hinting that one day he would like to return to Chelsea.

:pow:

Ok, that's quite the worst case then.

We can only hope that Fergie's carrer will carry on for another 20 years or so.

Or us becoming big boys and get bought by some billionare with cash to burn before Fergie retires.

:lol:

Ok, that's quite the worst case then.

We can only hope that Fergie's carrer will carry on for another 20 years or so.

Or us becoming big boys and get bought by some billionare with cash to burn before Fergie retires.

:lol:

Which would be the best solution for everybody  :thup: