José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His stock must be through the roof at Real Madird now. I think he will be there next year I would imagine only Ronaldo will be on more money than him which would be remarkable.

Real will look forward immensely to playing 90 minutes without a single shot on target.

they got rid of cappello in 2007 after winning the league following a very barren spell 'cause the football was s****, be surprised if they went for mourinho

Mourinho can adapt his play depending on the players, when Chelsea had Robben and Duff they played marvellous, direct football...

Guest guinness_fiend

Marca say he has earned the Real Madrid job. We'll see how the Madridistas enjoy 14% possession and 1 shot off target.

Mourinho is just Big Sam in a nicer suit with more expensive players.

WHAT? :lol:

I think I just peed a little.

he's a great entertainer FFS you KNOW it'll be interestign - whereas Arsene just kills any enthusiasm with his delivery

Not bad for SBR's servant eh?

and in both cases their teams are the opposite of the managers personalities.

Marca say he has earned the Real Madrid job. We'll see how the Madridistas enjoy 14% possession and 1 shot off target.

That's the most stupid thing I have ever read.

Your taking the piss right? Like people have already said, you don't go away from home to the Nou Camp with that lead and play attacking football, giving Barca that kind of space would have been madness. He called that game exactly right didn't have players chasing the ball, they just let barca have the ball in areas where there was no danger on and put enough pressure on so they couldn't do anything with it.

Guest Phil K

I hope he dies.  Soon.

You've spelt DYES wrong I see.

He should dye his grey hair right enough though.

Makes him look too old.

They were 3-1 up against the best team in the world, playing in their backyard, gung-ho attacking football would have been insanity. The emphasis was on Barca to do the attacking and they didn't deliver, that's their problem, not Inter's.

Eaxctly - Barca got it all wrong for first 80 minutes. All they did was pass the bacll back and forth about 40 yards out with no penetration and no forward movement. All Inter had to do was keep shuffling the cover on the ball carrier and close the lanes which they did very well. I thought Barca had the entirely wrong game plan - passing with no movement was clearly going no-where. In the end Inter's 90 minutes in Milan beat Barca's 10 minutes at Camp Nou.

They were 3-1 up against the best team in the world, playing in their backyard, gung-ho attacking football would have been insanity. The emphasis was on Barca to do the attacking and they didn't deliver, that's their problem, not Inter's.

Eaxctly - Barca got it all wrong for first 80 minutes. All they did was pass the bacll back and forth about 40 yards out with no penetration and no forward movement. All Inter had to do was keep shuffling the cover on the ball carrier and close the lanes which they did very well. I thought Barca had the entirely wrong game plan - passing with no movement was clearly going no-where. In the end Inter's 90 minutes in Milan beat Barca's 10 minutes at Camp Nou.

For real?

For real?

Congrat on graduating from the academy.   Here's your badge

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/pmrye/Stuff/spellingpolice.jpg

Your taking the piss right? Like people have already said, you don't go away from home to the Nou Camp with that lead and play attacking football, giving Barca that kind of space would have been madness. He called that game exactly right didn't have players chasing the ball, they just let barca have the ball in areas where there was no danger on and put enough pressure on so they couldn't do anything with it.

The Mourinho lovers on here were taking themselves FAR too seriously. Thought I could liven thing up. :undecided:

The point is, probably no manager in the world can beat Barca without a superstar team.  Inter isn't that great in terms of player quality compare with Chelsea last year. 

However Mourinho did it.  That's enough.

The beauty of football is how the team win the game by playing out their tactics and strengths.

• 4 weeks later...

For real?

Congrat on graduating from the academy.   Here's your badge

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/pmrye/Stuff/spellingpolice.jpg

:lol:

Mourinho has proved himself among the greatest of the World's managers - bar NONE.

This thread is pointless, he would just laugh at it if he knew because he is about to make himself one of the richest managers in the game - and deservedly so.

All those accusing him of arrogance should look closer to home - is he any worse than SAF, whose constant questioning of Refs decisions/time-keeping etc is legendary ? Or Wenger's constant refusal to see incidents in which his players have been offenders ?

A huge tragedy that SBR was never asked to approach him to come to SJP as his replacement.

Mourinho has proved himself among the greatest of the World's managers - bar NONE.

This thread is pointless, he would just laugh at it if he knew because he is about to make himself one of the richest managers in the game - and deservedly so.

All those accusing him of arrogance should look closer to home - is he any worse than SAF, whose constant questioning of Refs decisions/time-keeping etc is legendary ? Or Wenger's constant refusal to see incidents in which his players have been offenders ?

A huge tragedy that SBR was never asked to approach him to come to SJP as his replacement.

SBR asked him to join on as his assistant in 1999 with the plan of taking over after him, but Mourinho said no because he "knew" SBR would never hand over the reigns willingly and he had greater ambitions.