José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whatever you think of Mourinho as a person nobody can deny that the guy is a great manager.

He didn't really have the conventional background for management but has turned out to be a natural.

Players obviously want to play for him and that is a large part of the job - he is also a shrewd tactician.

Would have him at SJP like a shot and think its one of the club's biggest mistakes in not encouraging SBR to recruit him ages ago.

Whatever you think of Mourinho as a person nobody can deny that the guy is a great manager.

He didn't really have the conventional background for management but has turned out to be a natural.

Players obviously want to play for him and that is a large part of the job - he is also a shrewd tactician.

Would have him at SJP like a shot and think its one of the club's biggest mistakes in not encouraging SBR to recruit him ages ago.

If he had joined us years ago instead of Porto or Chelsea, he would probably be managing in the Middle East today or returned to being a teacher. Not only have we killed many a young player's career, we have been "Waterloo" for many managers too

his ability as a tactician is one of the best in the world at present and while its premature to label him one of the best managers ever hes well on his way to joining that group. And while i find most of his media antics funny he does go overboard sometimes and its easy to see why this could annoy people.

SBR offered him the Assman job, but at that time Mourinho wanted to become a full-fledged Manager and declined. IIRC that is.

As for his ability as a manager, there's nothing to argue about. He's already proved that.

I can't bear all the public histrionics though. Perhaps it helps him or his team, but he can be very disrespectful to other people. Last night, that theatrical running on to the pitch at the end to rub Barca's noses in it - rude and unnecessary. It was dressed up as a salute to the Inter fans, but it was all a massive ego trip and an attempt to humiliate the opposition.

His stock must be through the roof at Real Madird now. I think he will be there next year I would imagine only Ronaldo will be on more money than him which would be remarkable.

Real will look forward immensely to playing 90 minutes without a single shot on target.

Getting defensive tactics right is much harder than getting offensive tactics right. I don't see why playing defensively in such an important game should be critiqued, it's the two-leg match equalent of being 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go in a one-leg match. Meaning you don't play attractive attacking fotball, you protect your lead so you get to the next round.

His stock must be through the roof at Real Madird now. I think he will be there next year I would imagine only Ronaldo will be on more money than him which would be remarkable.

Real will look forward immensely to playing 90 minutes without a single shot on target.

they got rid of cappello in 2007 after winning the league following a very barren spell 'cause the football was shite, be surprised if they went for mourinho

they got rid of cappello in 2007 after winning the league following a very barren spell 'cause the football was s****, be surprised if they went for mourinho

Real Marid need Kevin Keegan

they got rid of cappello in 2007 after winning the league following a very barren spell 'cause the football was shite, be surprised if they went for mourinho

Yes, but Cappello's first spell in the mid-90s was almost identical.  They brought him back in knowing his style of play.

It shows that when they get desperate they will resort to employing a manager who can win (regardless of style).

All piss all over this guy hes been very lucky as i said in the other games thread that hes inherited jobs at clubs playing fantasy football.....my opinion of him is that hes a despicable self righteous c***

Even at Porto? 

Think he's awesome.

he's always funny as fook, but he's arrogant as owt and to be fair if I had his record i would be as well

people complain his teams play dirty football, but he must have something more to offer if he can get helsea to win the league and get inter to where they are atm

i would sex wee my pants and hail the 2nd coming of the lord if he were to come to the toon and be given 60mil to spend. (yes I know its never going to happen, but one can dream)

How anyone can dislike him is beyond me. Do people want the game filled with Big Sam's, David Moyes, Alan Curbishleys and dare i say it Chris Hughton's?! the guy is a breath of fresh air. Love him to bits. (not as much as i love Jonas though)

What a pair of f**king cool people..... Jose and Pep, swarv mutha-f**kers

:thdn:

Apologies, couldn't help munchin' that 'e' before i posted it

Suave.

I prefer the geordie spelling of the word, its more manly "SWARV"  :lol:

Marca say he has earned the Real Madrid job. We'll see how the Madridistas enjoy 14% possession and 1 shot off target.

Mourinho is just Big Sam in a nicer suit with more expensive players.