José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He takes as much pressure off the players as possible.

He did exactly the opposite at Real Madrid, particularly in his last year there. Always deflecting blame.

Exactly. Wait till stuff doesn't go his way, it'll all be 'players who betrayed me etc' like last time he left Chelsea.

:lol:

Ummm, no.

Chelsea 1.0 was all Jose vs Roman and his cronies. 

Oh yeah, Jose battling that c*** who give him hundreds of millions to build a dream team.

May have had something to do with appointing Avram Grant (lol) and Frank Arnesen (at least that kind of made sense if they could've worked together) over his head and spunking 30 million on Shevchenko when he wanted Eto'o.

And Madrid's just a clusterfuck no matter who's there, rumors are popping up already that they are ready to rumble Ancelotti if he doesn't win the La Liga or the Champions League.  Whole situation was weird, Ronaldo has said he'd work with him again and despite being the cause of it all, Ancelotti still has Lopez as his number one over Iker.

He did have a fall out with the Chelsea players according to Makelele.

He was being an idiot in Spain and they didn't like it. That's the cause of his issues there. The media here love him and feed into his BS. They don't think he's a genius in Spain and they don't find his antics charming or funny. That's why when he came back he was talking about being loved and being happy.

Mourinho loves to create an us vs. them mentality but it didn't work at Madrid. Half his players have won multiple trophies with the Barca guys and they all felt the rivalry and gotten over the top and personal/vindictive e.g. sticking his finger in Vilanova's eye.

By the end of his reign his was talking nonsense on a weekly basis.

Definitely wasn't the right fit for him, probably something he figured out early on.  He had the same problem with the Italian media but had the right club and squad to use it to his advantage.

Should've gone after they won the league, probably would've quit that year to head back to Chelsea if they hadn't shat the bed against Bayern in that semi final shoot-out.

He did exactly the opposite at Real Madrid, particularly in his last year there. Always deflecting blame.

Exactly. Wait till stuff doesn't go his way, it'll all be 'players who betrayed me etc' like last time he left Chelsea.

Ummm, no.

Oh yeah, Jose battling that c*** who give him hundreds of millions to build a dream team.

May have had something to do with appointing Avram Grant (lol) and Frank Arnesen (at least that kind of made sense if they could've worked together) over his head and spunking 30 million on Shevchenko when he wanted Eto'o.

And Madrid's just a clusterfuck no matter who's there, rumors are popping up already that they are ready to rumble Ancelotti if he doesn't win the La Liga or the Champions League.  Whole situation was weird, Ronaldo has said he'd work with him again and despite being the cause of it all, Ancelotti still has Lopez as his number one over Iker.

He was being an idiot in Spain and they didn't like it. That's the cause of his issues there. The media here love him and feed into his BS. They don't think he's a genius in Spain and they don't find his antics charming or funny. That's why when he came back he was talking about being loved and being happy.

Mourinho loves to create an us vs. them mentality but it didn't work at Madrid. Half his players have won multiple trophies with the Barca guys and they all felt the rivalry and gotten over the top and personal/vindictive e.g. sticking his finger in Vilanova's eye.

:thup:

Definitely wasn't the right fit for him, probably something he figured out early on.  He had the same problem with the Italian media but had the right club and squad to use it to his advantage.

Should've gone after they won the league, probably would've quit that year to head back to Chelsea if they hadn't shat the bed against Bayern in that semi final shoot-out.

Yep, I don't think he suits institution type clubs very well. He works better for a Chelsea rather than a Man Utd for example. A club where he can almost be bigger than the badge.

Ummm, no.

I don't think that's right to be fair. The Spanish football press are worse than our red-tops, it's all gossip and sensationalism to sell their daily sports editions. As each sports daily has it's favourite (Barca or madrid) the objectivity goes straight out the window.

Because of the above, it was generally accepted that Mourinho had cottoned on quite quickly that press conferences were laughable and he treated them with quite a bit of contempt, this was part of the reason why there was a real dislike of him, virtually all of the press, including the pro-Madrid turned against him.

As for Ramos and Casillas, Ramos is the equivalent of our own Steven Taylor except that he plays for Madrid and he is a decent footballer, this guy has pigshiit for brains ...honest! casillas... there has to be something Mourinho saw that he was doing wrong or diego was doing right as Ancelloti has followed the same template...

Ummm, no.

I don't think that's right to be fair. The Spanish football press are worse than our red-tops, it's all gossip and sensationalism to sell their daily sports editions. As each sports daily has it's favourite (Barca or madrid) the objectivity goes straight out the window.

Because of the above, it was generally accepted that Mourinho had cottoned on quite quickly that press conferences were laughable and he treated them with quite a bit of contempt, this was part of the reason why there was a real dislike of him, virtually all of the press, including the pro-Madrid turned against him.

As for Ramos and Casillas, Ramos is the equivalent of our own Steven Taylor except that he plays for Madrid and he is a decent footballer, this guy has pigshiit for brains ...honest! casillas... there has to be something Mourinho saw that he was doing wrong or diego was doing right as Ancelloti has followed the same template...

What does any of that have to do with the fact they plain old didn't entertain his twaddle? He talks crap and they didn't indulge him. They saw his attacks on Barcelona as an attack on Spain. They can talk their own crap. Same thing happened in Italy, the media didn't like him.

He fell out with half the squad, not just Ramos and Casillas. Like I said, they simply didn't buy into the "us vs them" mentality. He fell out with the Portuguese/Brazilian contingent too. Pepe, Marcelo etc. he builds a storm and it's difficult to contain.

"They didn't indulge him", that's exactly what they did do as it made great headlines and the more they poked the bigger they came. "Attacks on Barcelona as an attack on Spain", in the current climate I don't think you will find many people backing that statement as Barcelona are making large noises regards separation via a referendum not unlike our Scots neighbours....

Yeh, I agree he fell out with a few of his squad but I think that is due to the fact that the players thought they were more powerful than him, always has been the case in the Madrid dressing room, notoriously difficult to handle.

He does talk twaddle but a hell of a lot of it is very sincere and often touches a nerve. I actually think it's quite refreshing from the regurgitated cliche ridden soundbites that 95% of managers spit out.

We will have to agree to disagree on Jose... :)

P.S. Bet you would take him in an instant over Percy???

Eh? That's one of the reasons why the Spanish didn't like his Barcelona attacks. Like us and the Olympics, France and WC '98 the success of the national team is an example of unity and working together as part of a larger more successful nation. But i'm going to stop now, you're obviously a die-hard fanboy if you're trying to twist the facts.

Die hard fanboy? lol...

But for a decent perpsective, I can argue that living here for 16 years helps undrstand Spanish football, the press and culture a little better. I do think he was given an extremely hard time over here in Spain by the press. I also think that the press over here don't concentrate on football enough but more the whole glamour and gossip side of these "celebrities". Prefer the english sports press any day of the week....!

Guest Howaythetoon

The reason the media and fans in general lap him up is down to how utterly boring the PL is outside of a few matches and to be fair, who can blame them. He's a character and is good value really. Mind, I personally can't stand the mind games, politcis and bull shit in general but with Mourinho its not like he's an absolute cunt despite how he sometimes comes across, he is a genuine footy man with more passion than most. Give me him over the twats like Hughes, Allardyce et al.

Eh? That's one of the reasons why the Spanish didn't like his Barcelona attacks. Like us and the Olympics, France and WC '98 the success of the national team is an example of unity and working together as part of a larger more successful nation. But i'm going to stop now, you're obviously a die-hard fanboy if you're trying to twist the facts.

If you think an attack on Barcelona equals an attack on Spanish football, you've got a lot of reading of Spanish history to do.

Guest Howaythetoon

I have actually been very impressed with Chelsea lately, they are different to his last Chelsea side, they actually play some really neat and intricate football at times, but with all the solidity and ruthless methodical efficiency  of a typical Mourinho side. You can see why Mata, as talented as he is, didn't feature much in this Chelsea side.

If you think an attack on Barcelona equals an attack on Spanish football, you've got a lot of reading of Spanish history to do.

This is what I was getting at. The Catalans really aren't that interested in the rest of Spain and there seems to be an enduring suspicion from the other side as well.

I'm fucking sick of seeing the cunt on SSN every time I switch it on. I do wish he'd fuck off and find better things to do. I do wish that SSN would stop licking his fucking arse to fill air time.

First SSN story on the hour starts with the words "Jose Mourinho thinks. . . " Really? Who gives a flying fuck what he thinks you suck holing bastards.

I'm delighted I don't pay for this shite.