José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which two trophies?

All the ones Moyes has never won.

With Everton. Great point.

:lol:  Wait, am I missing something here? Are you listening to yourself?

Anyways, Moyes, shit appointment so far. Far better suitors were passed over for this hack.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/20/jose-mourinho-emotion-manchester-united-chelsea

Van Gaal spoke beautifully, too, at Sunday night's event recounting his first meeting with Mourinho in one of Barcelona's finer restaurants, having taken Sir Bobby Robson's job at Camp Nou, and being struck by the audacity of this smallish Portuguese guy - shouting, creating a scene, remonstrating with the club's president, Josep Lluís Núñez, for his treatment of Robson despite the presence of the new manager. That was the moment Van Gaal, struck by this outpouring of passion and loyalty, realised he had just found the ideal assistant, by complete accident.

Don't why, but the thought of that scene amused me for some reason.

Also shows what an influential figure Bobby Robson must've been for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Winning 1-0 away at Man City with about 10 mins to go and brings on an attacking midfielder.  :love:

:mou:

For a striker :lol:

So it was hardly the positive move your painting it as.

Respect to him for tonight though, i don't like the bloke and he talks a lot of bollocks but tonight he was spot on in every facet of the game.

People dislike him, but he does the business.

Funny how this is almost being painted as a David vs Goliath win though :lol: Chelsea aren't exactly paupers themselves

they've been trying to paint themselves in that corner even talking of FFP and how City aren't complying with it-ignoring the 10 years of abramovich putting in around 1 billion pounds

Funny how this is almost being painted as a David vs Goliath win though :lol: Chelsea aren't exactly paupers themselves

they've been trying to paint themselves in that corner even talking of FFP and how City aren't complying with it-ignoring the 10 years of abramovich putting in around 1 billion pounds

I know, bit barmy, but ended up going for them - quite comfortable countering in the end tonight, I thought.

I know, bit barmy, but ended up going for them - quite comfortable countering in the end tonight, I thought.

Personally I think Fernandinhio was a huge miss and replacing him with Demachelis was mad.

It's being painted as David and Goliath because of what Mou said right?

"In my time we were accused of buying the title, no? Because our owner was Mr Abramovich, just arrived in the country. Maybe now people see City in a different way," the 51-year-old told reporters.

"I'm not sure if it's because it's taken them six years to get to this stage while we won straight away and I don't care. I don't envy the fact that they have this kind of protection, or whichever word. It's the way it is. Teams with success, people tend not to like them, no?

"Financially, no, we can't compete. Back then it was a free world. There was no Financial Fair Play. If your club was a rich one, your owner a rich one, there were no rules. It was an open situation but times change.

"Many things people considered wrong 50 years ago are something very normal now."

:lol:

He's both a) one of the finest managers and b) one of the finest hypocrites in the game. To me though it's pretty clear what he does is to take attention away from his players. Seems to work well too.

Guest bimpy474

He's like Pardew, a bullshitter but that's where the simlarities end. He's a fucking talented manager with it. He talks so much shit but backs it up brilliantly.

9/10  managers in this league would bring off a striker for a defensive player.

He still wanted a goal threat.

Not when you are only playing one striker in the first place. Take your tongue out of his ringpiece

9/10  managers in this league would bring off a striker for a defensive player.

He still wanted a goal threat.

Not when you are only playing one striker in the first place. Take your tongue out of his ringpiece

Tactically he played the entire game perfectly.Deserves credit because no one else can do it.