Tim Krul signs new four-year contract

David28

The freekick was unstoppable, no keeper would have saved it. I thought at first Harper might have done better for the second though. Was hard to tell really.

I think he should have saved the freekick. The goalkeeper is always responsible for covering the far post. Whether it was because his positioning was poor, or it was down to his reflexes - I don´t know, but a good goalkeeper would be very disappointed to concede that...

Freekick was unsavable. He got a hand to the 2nd goal, could probably have done better. One thing's for sure, I don't reckon Harper would have saved the scissorkick shot.

Krul obviously has the better agility. It's a shame he hasn't spent the last few seasons out on loan, there's no substitute for experience and his judgement is the only thing standing in the way of a No.1 jersey.

Krul obviously has the better agility. It's a shame he hasn't spent the last few seasons out on loan, there's no substitute for experience and his judgement is the only thing standing in the way of a No.1 jersey.

Yup.

from my limited viewings of forster last season his judgement is better than kruls with only marginally more first team games whilst on loan.

Harper was poor for both of PSV's goals yesterday, the first from a free kick was at perfect height to be saved and it wasn't shaving the post or anything....

The second was pretty low to the ground and it looked like he took so long to get down to it.

Krul just oozes confidence, the thing is, his kicking can be no worse than Harpers...

Harper was poor for both of PSV's goals yesterday, the first from a free kick was at perfect height to be saved and it wasn't shaving the post or anything....

The second was pretty low to the ground and it looked like he took so long to get down to it.

Krul just oozes confidence, the thing is, his kicking can be no worse than Harpers...

From what I've seen his kicking and all round distribution are better than Harper's.

I have to say I'm feeling much more confident with Krul in goal than with Harper. Harper seems to be getting a bit slow now. I think it's time for Krul to get the number 1 shirt (even if it would be a bit unfair to Harper considering that he's here that long and hasn't done much wrong).

But I think we should use the best players in every position we have available - and Krul is certainly one of them imo.

Every time I see him I think the same thing. He is a pretty damn good goalie but he really needs a solid run of games to settle him down and take the edge off him a bit. He certainly has the potential to be a lot better than Harper imo.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

With all respect to Harper I think Krul should be the number one and Forster the back up this two young keeprs can be our goal keepers for the next 10 years minumum...

Have you actually ever seen Forster play?

I can't help but continue to be impressed with Krul. His reactions and general shot-stopping really is top drawer. I echo Prophet's sentiments though; he definitely looks a bit edgy - his judgement doesn't appear to be too great. I'm not 100% sure on his clearances either, but stuff like that will only improve with games. He's got shot-stopping down to a tee, he has that ability - it's definitely there. Confidence issues and finding the right areas will only improve if he gets a run of games.

I think we've reached the stage now where we, as fans, are allowed to make a judgement on whether or not he's our best keeper. I honestly think there's a good chance that he is. But if he's not gonna be number 1 this season, it's imperative that he goes out on loan again, or he's just gonna dry up like Ben Foster at Manu. Fraser Forster's had his experience elsewhere last season; if neither are gonna be the main man this year - it's his turn to cover for Harper.

Guest Stephen927

He's incredibly young for a goalkeeper, he's a good shot stopper, the rest will hopefully come with time. The more games he plays, the better he'll get at judging whether to punch, catch, or leave it for the defender.