Tim Krul signs new four-year contract

David28

Krul has played in every pre-season match so far, and my point is that Harper haven´t had one full game of 90 minutes so far in pre-season. Is that because Hughton haven´t made up his mind about who will play against Man.utd? I´m quite sure Hughton will pick Harper tough, but I personally would like to see Krul as 1st choice this season..

Krul has played in every pre-season match so far, and my point is that Harper haven´t had one full game of 90 minutes so far in pre-season. Is that because Hughton haven´t made up his mind about who will play against Man.utd? I´m quite sure Hughton will pick Harper tough, but I personally would like to see Krul as 1st choice this season..

Thought the same. Obviously hope it's the case. It's time to throw Krul into cold water now, he's had enough reserve and cup games. Imo he's ready for the premier league.

No. He is giving him game time before the season starts that is it, it is clear cut for me that Harper is the club number 1. This year is a step up for Tim being the number 2 in a PL team a job he will find hard to keep with FF behind him.

He just needs experience and a little coaching. He should really have been out on loan for the last 3 years.

Fully agree with this. The skills he lacks he is going to learn from getting game time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heneage

Not gonna happen but I really hope Krul starts against Villa.

Harper is so slow and his positioning is poor.  We'll concede a lot of needless goals with him #1 all season.

Infuriatingly slow and just feels like he's going through the emotions.

Harper is so slow and his positioning is poor. We'll concede a lot of needless goals with him #1 all season.

:) :( :angry: :love: :D :weep:

Guest Heneage

Harper is so slow and his positioning is poor.  We'll concede a lot of needless goals with him #1 all season.

I think Harper's been like that since last season, his shot stopping and one on one's are good, but his distribution is slow and poor, and he doesn't inspire confidence ambling around.

I think Harper's been like that since last season, his shot stopping and one on one's are good, but his distribution is slow and poor, and he doesn't inspire confidence ambling around.

Never mind.

Never mind.

Joke FAIL :laugh:

Never mind.

:lol:

I'd really like to see Krul in goal against Villa. Would probably be a bit harsh on Harper, but he seems to be getting a bit slow these days.

Krul will make the odd mistake, but will also make some world class saves. Mancini played Hart instead of Given, don't know why Hughton shouldn't try Krul.

Won't happen, though.