Club statement

Magpie

What are the loses for this season?

300m, but don't worry because Sky give us £500m in TV money - there's a big cheque handing over ceremony at SJP tomorrow.

You're missing the fact that the 2010 loss was in the Championship.  This season we're guarenteed at least £40m extra revenue from being in the Premiership.  There shouldn't be any loss before transfers.

So really we should break even by net year if we don't spend?

Maybe Ashley is expecting us to go back down and why he's planning over 5 years.

EDIT:  Because I totally misread Happy Face's post  :doh:

Toons Taylor

Running the club in a break even manner doesn't just mean being able to cover the normal yearly costs such as wage bills.  Surely it would mean putting the club in a position to cover its yearly costs while also having substantial funds left to spend on transfers without needing to borrow.  Obviously that kind of thing will take 4 or 5 years to achieve, if ever.

I don't see any contradiction in that part to be honest.  Running a club long term requires spending on transfers.  So in 5 years time they plan to have the club in a position to cover its yearly costs and have money available to spend on transfers while still breaking even.

When they say

1. there'll be no capital outlay on players, the current squad will do next year

2. they won't be paying off the loans

3. They don't expect to break even for 5 years.

At least one of those claims doesn't tally...unless they 're planning to be in the championship some of the time.

Sorry Happy Face I misread your post.  For some reason I thought you're post was in reply to Toons Taylor's post instead of mine :doh:

Anyway, to what you actually said, I think thats coming about through a misunderstanding on the "no plan for new capital outlay" comment.

Sorry Happy Face I misread your post.  For some reason I thought you're post was in reply to Toons Taylor's post instead of mine :doh:

Anyway, to what you actually said, I think thats coming about through a misunderstanding on the "no plan for new capital outlay" comment.

If there is any misunderstanding it's only doewn to the lack of clarity in the statement.

I don't see any contradiction in that part to be honest.  Running a club long term requires spending on transfers.  So in 5 years time they plan to have the club in a position to cover its yearly costs and have money available to spend on transfers while still breaking even.

When they say

1. there'll be no capital outlay on players, the current squad will do next year

At least one of those claims doesn't tally...unless they 're planning to be in the championship some of the time.

Are there still not loans outstandind that are from parties other than Ashley?

When they say

Are there still not loans outstandind that are from parties other than Ashley?

The overdraft is supposed to be £20m.

Guest toonlass

I see the club have appointed a new 'Head of Media'.

Wendy Dawley

A Woman!?

:facepalm:

How dare they appoint a woman! Because the blokes they have had in the position of Head of Media have done such a stirling job in the last couple of years!

Wendy Dawley

A Woman!?

How dare they appoint a woman! Because the blokes they have had in the position of Head of Media have done such a stirling job in the last couple of years!

I've got nowt against women in top jobs or  power, i find it erotic tbh....but if that statement was her work she wants fucking shot.

Just read a quote from Dave Whelan saying Wigan will have to sell before they see what they can spend, and that in light of what's happened to Pompey and Hull, every Premier League club should be now looking to break even. Strange seeing him and Ashley on the same page.

Just read a quote from Dave Whelan saying Wigan will have to sell before they see what they can spend, and that in light of what's happened to Pompey and Hull, every Premier League club should be now looking to break even. Strange seeing him and Ashley on the same page.

N'Zogbia on his way then I'd imagine. Can't see Wigan breaking even anytime soon, would imagine the bulk of their income is coming from TV money.

Wendy Dawley

A Woman!?

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/6/2/633795052534058740-Women.jpg

O0