Club statement

Magpie

Guest neesy111

f***s sake people :lol:

I could go on and post a picture of a storm in a cup, a doctor hitting a patient on his knee and so on. I won't.

READ what Stifler has written in here. That's all.

No offence to Stifler but.... sorry I can't finish that without offending him.

As said, the statement is just f***ing stupid. It's obvious it will be taken negatively so why even bother releasing it.

There is no way you can dress this up to look good.

The alternative of course was a full summer of being linked with players then getting to September wondering why we've spent little/nothing. At least we know from the off what the state of play is.

Which isn't going to help the sale of season tickets meaning less money coming in to get us breaking even.

we'll easily make a profit next season if we spend no money, an extra 30m-40M will be coming in from tv and sponsorship

We won't.

we will

hard to see considering theres a 20m overdraft to pay off

that overdraft is only payable when bank decides to or when it's due to arrangement with barclays

And has nothing to do with us making a profit.  The cost of the interest in servicing it does though.

I said OPERATING PROFIT!!!!

it's interest free, barclays offer it to all premiership clubs

A quick look at the top of the page says you didn't like.

In any case, I was correcting the post above yours talking about the overdraft contributung to a loss, which it wouldn't.

the clubs income to expendature will account for operating profit, where that money goes is debateable!

overdraft would just account for liability, i would like to see our assets to liabilities ratio it won't be pleasant reading

Thank f*** we got promoted. That statement reads like a club after relegation and without a pot to piss in. Looks like he's going to be stuffing quite a stash of Sky money in his back pocket.

Ah, was surprised this took as many pages as it did. :lol:

If we don't invest in the squad this season we might well go down again. This sort of statement will more than likely affect the morale at the club when it's been laid out that our only ambition is to balance the books.

f***s sake people :lol:

I could go on and post a picture of a storm in a cup, a doctor hitting a patient on his knee and so on. I won't.

READ what Stifler has written in here. That's all.

No offence to Stifler but.... sorry I can't finish that without offending him.

As said, the statement is just f***ing stupid. It's obvious it will be taken negatively so why even bother releasing it.

There is no way you can dress this up to look good.

The alternative of course was a full summer of being linked with players then getting to September wondering why we've spent little/nothing. At least we know from the off what the state of play is.

Which isn't going to help the sale of season tickets meaning less money coming in to get us breaking even.

we'll easily make a profit next season if we spend no money, an extra 30m-40M will be coming in from tv and sponsorship

We won't.

we will

hard to see considering theres a 20m overdraft to pay off

that overdraft is only payable when bank decides to or when it's due to arrangement with barclays

And has nothing to do with us making a profit.  The cost of the interest in servicing it does though.

I said OPERATING PROFIT!!!!

it's interest free, barclays offer it to all premiership clubs

A quick look at the top of the page says you didn't like.

In any case, I was correcting the post above yours talking about the overdraft contributung to a loss, which it wouldn't.

the clubs income to expendature will account for operating profit, where that money goes is debateable!

overdraft would just account for liability, i would like to see our assets to liabilities ratio it won't be pleasant reading

I know.

Good positive statement.

Let the manager and players deal with getting results on the pitch, invest in the academy, and see the club stabilised and ready to move forward within a reasonable time frame.

:thup:

bluelaugh.gif

You're a card.

Guest neesy111

By telling other clubs we are not spending, it will hopefully mean we are not held to ransom in the market.

We've hardly been paying over the odds for anyone over the last 2 years have we?

4.5M for Kevin Nolan

9M for Fabricio Colocini

The statement reminds me of when Gerald Ratner pissed off all of his customers, our PR is s***.

It's beyond that tbh. The numbers quoted are probably about right but it's like Ashley believes his previous PR disasters at Sports Direct and NUFC are the way to get the job done. Absolutely f*cking clueless.... 

By having a go at the press by saying they will not speak to them under any circumstances because they say the club is constantly mis-reported is just inviting more criticism.

Guest neesy111

.com's take

A truly bizarre statement that seems to be a vague and clumsy attempt to lower expectations ahead of the new season.

No "new capital outlay on players" means what precisely?

Are we really expecting to survive in the Premier League with the current squad plus some youngsters from the Academy?

"Promoting Regional football" by elevating youngsters from the Academy (which is apparently "brimming with talent") to "truly represent the values of the Geordie nation" will be interesting.

Academy talent given squad numbers in the 2009/10 season included only a few locally-born players with most bought in from outside the region. Even the U18s squad that reached the semi-final of the FA Youth Cup was mostly made up of non-North Easterners.

The Board will not be commenting on anything from now on. So what's changed there then? All we've had is sporadic, bewildering and unhelpful utterances like the above.

We presume (and hope) that the cosy emails from our owner to Sky reporters will also stop now....

Guest neesy111

How did we get to this financially? Through the relegation? Recession? Two years ago we bid £16m for Luka Modric by this time.

from the mistakes of Mr Michael Ashley

There was a bit of a growing voice that Ashley was slowly but surely winning the fans over.

I'd hoped it might keep going that way and had dialled back on the anti-ashley stuff myself.

Perfect reminder what an utter twunt the bloke is and always will be.

Has the Academy really improved that much?  They seem to have a lot of faith in it but how many of the youngsters are really going to be Premiership level?  We always seem reluctant to play the kids anyway and it will be harder to introduce them into a constantly struggling team.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Well this sucks   :-[

Dude...like totally! Ashley is a knaaaaaaark maaaaan!

Has the Academy really improved that much?  They seem to have a lot of faith in it but how many of the youngsters are really going to be Premiership level?  We always seem reluctant to play the kids anyway and it will be harder to introduce them into a constantly struggling team.

Fuck knows.  We have a manager who didn't trust any of our younger players in the Championship though, so I'd be amazed (& very confused) if he thought they were good enough for the Premier League.

can i just say for the record. when i say that 'no new capital' may not mean no cash, i mean it's just a possibility. i haven't got a clue which way it will actually go..............................now where's me fence.

Guest neesy111

can i just say for the record. when i say that 'no new capital' may not mean no cash, i mean it's just a possibility. i haven't got a clue which way it will actually go..............................now where's me fence.

we gonna buy players on a credit card then?  :lol:

f*** knows.  We have a manager who didn't trust any of our younger players in the Championship though, so I'd be amazed (& very confused) if he thought they were good enough for the Premier League.

or he thought they were that good that if he played them in the championship they'd surely have their heads turned by premier teams..