Club statement

Magpie

It says there is 'no plan to'..

As I said yesterday.. it could mean they simply havent discussed it yet.  Since the season has literally just finished.

It seems odd that they aim to breakeven in 5 years, when if they stick to this plan they are almost certainly going to record net profit for the season, so in that regard it doesn't make sense.

Guest Roger Kint

What happens if he uses the next five years to pay back his loans?

For gods sake :mackems:

Pipe down Kunt, adults talking here

Have reported you for that, that your idea of being an adult? Calling people that is out of order

Guest Antec

Have reported you for that, that your idea of being an adult? Calling people that is out of order

Typed a 'u' instead of an 'i'

Guest icemanblue

:lol: What a little bitch!

Guest Antec

:lol: What a little bitch!

Agreed :lol:

Guest neesy111

my take on the situation:

http://manontheterraces.blogspot.com

:lol:  your last blog before that was for the Ipswich away game, 28th Sept.

Also, one of the more recent entries was discussing the possibility of bringing Reyes in. Wonder if we'll be going for him this summer, we'll be able to offer.........oh wait  :huff:

i don't get to update it often

Caulkin's take on it:

It was fun while it lasted, but at some stage, the party had to end. After a season of graft and toil, of embracing unity and team-work, of rebuilding ties with supporters, Newcastle have deserved a few weeks of raucous celebration. After years of mismanagement and underachievement, it has been important that fans should be able to attend matches at St James’ Park without dread nestling in the pit of their stomachs.

There have been tipsy smiles plastered across people’s faces and it has been fun to witness, but furrowed brows will almost certainly have replaced them today. With the statement they released on Sunday evening and as only they can do, Newcastle have succeeded in increasing confusion while simultaneously attempting “to send out a clear message". Clarity has seldom felt so opaque.

Quite what the purpose is of explaining exactly what they won’t be saying in the future - when they’ve never said anything remotely useful in the past - is debatable, but the meat of the statement lies elsewhere. “The first-team squad that won the Championship this year will form the basis of the team for next season in the Premier League,” it said. “There is no plan for new capital outlay on players.”

While even this did not break new ground for openness - does “new capital outlay” mean nothing beyond what is already accounted for or absolutely nothing - at least, more or less, Newcastle fans know where they stand: on quicksand. There will be no significant spending, no statement signings, no fantasy football. The effort of this season will have to be redoubled. But they suspected all that anyway.

In the past few weeks, Chris Hughton has spoken about the examples of Wolverhampton Wanderers and Birmingham City, of clubs being promoted to the Premier League, stabilising and surviving. For the time being, that is Newcastle’s ambition, too.

In some ways, there is nothing wrong with that, because arrogance was institutionalised in their boardroom long before Mike Ashley’s arrival and they could do with growing organically rather than frittering away fortunes on ego-driven transfers, but isn’t even that limited goal undermined by a reluctance to spend anything? Is Ashley saying that Newcastle will be the new West Bromwich Albion, solvent bed-hoppers between the divisions? Or, if not, isn’t he risking that?

A focus on their academy structure is also welcome, but these things do not blossom overnight and guff about the “Geordie nation” is just that: guff. As nufc.com, the respected independent website, put it: “Academy talent given squad numbers in the 2009/10 season included only a few locally-born players with most bought in from outside the region. Even the U18s squad that reached the semi-final of the FA Youth Cup was mostly made up of non-North Easterners.”

The real triumph of the campaign just ended has been the continuing perseverance shown by long-suffering fans with their baffling club, the manner in which Hughton and his players succeeded in coming together in the aftermath of relegation, forging a soaring spirit. The essence of Newcastle’s statement is that more of the same must follow. We’re back in the Premier League, but you’re on your own.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2010/05/ahead-of-thegame-newcastle-plan-leaves-club-on-quicksand.html

You have to read it carefully but:

(b) Players

The first team squad that won the Championship this year will form the basis of the team for next season in the Premier League. There is no plan for new capital outlay on players.

The only individuals who will talk about player issues will be those connected with the football administration of the Club i.e. the Manager/Assistant Manager by way of either direct interview or through prepared statements via Newcastle United Football Club's Media Officer.

There will be no comment from the Board regarding the purchase of players.

There will be no comment from the Board regarding the sale of players.

There will be no comment from the Board regarding ongoing contract talks with players presently at Newcastle United Football Club or with those that the club may enter into negotiation with.

There will be no comment from the Board regarding current pay structures at Newcastle United.

There will be no comment from the Board regarding players at other clubs in respect of their "interest" at playing for Newcastle United.

There will be no comment from the Board to players' agents regarding any of the above whether those agents are acting for their clients in a buying or selling capacity.

Player Agents:

(a) Buying Agents:

The Board will not make any comment to the media regarding any players that they are seeking to purchase. The Board will deal with agents on their fixed terms of business and part of those terms will include clauses relating to privacy.

(b) Selling Agents:

The Board will not comment to the media regarding any players being sold by Newcastle United and the Board will deal with agents on the usual terms of business including explicit terms of privacy.

They're not saying they aren't going to invest, they're essentially saying there isn't going to be any massive changes to the squad i.e two or three new players.

exactly. I agree this is a cryptic statement but in my view is purposely like that. It's a bit dramatic but definitely putting it out there we are no longer being run the same as before. I reckon ch would have seen this statement and approved. Like in the January transfer window I think it will be under promise and over deliver.

Just said to my colleagues before that he could just be making it sound like nowt is going to happen so that the speculation stops and we get a few players on undisclosed fees. Maybe it's an optimistic look but, I suppose the glass is always half full.

I still think Ashley is a prick.

There is no plan for new capital outlay on players.

Having read that again, that could easily be a response to the speculation that Hughton will have £15 million to spend. Could they simply not be trying to say that there is no plan of how much to spend? As according to Hughton we haven't even determined exactly who we are targetting yet.

It read a lot worse when I first saw it last night. I don't think we won't be spending any money on players.

Just said to my colleagues before that he could just be making it sound like nowt is going to happen so that the speculation stops and we get a few players on undisclosed fees. Maybe it's an optimistic look but, I suppose the glass is always half full.

If that's the 'plan' it's the stupidest plan since Dennis Wise was appointed above Keegan.

Hardly an approach likely to sell lots of new strips and season tickets and get turnover back to what it was.

There is no plan for new capital outlay on players.

Having read that again, that could easily be a response to the speculation that Hughton will have £15 million to spend. Could they simply not be trying to say that there is no plan of how much to spend? As according to Hughton we haven't even determined exactly who we are targetting yet.

It read a lot worse when I first saw it last night. I don't think we won't be spending any money on players.

Yeh, its their way of saying we arn't going to spend £20m no more no less. But there will be some limit obviously, just not telling us it.

there is no plan = we will see how it goes over the summer and spend if the right players come along at the right price? ie nothing set in concrete.

just clutching at straws like. how to put a downer on a really enjoyable season and a renewed air of optimism. bassa's!

As a statement and a press release it's woefully written. They have tried to be as clear as possible but in doing so they have said absolutely nothing new. No communication from the top of the club other than prepared statements? Nothing new there.

With the "new capital outlay" debacle I read it as there won't be any new money from MA to sanction new signings. He wants a club that lives within its means. Some money from the new sponsorship deals, TV deals and so on will be allocated for transfers. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

it was a bizarre statement.. aiming to clear everything up and in the end, has made very little clearer..

i don;t think theres anything in it to worry about though

At least there is going to be no further statements to clear up this veru unclear statements. Obviously they want to keep Chris busy over the summer as he hasn't got enough to do already.

:thup:

I Think he's a prick too - but I dont think he's stupid enough to be making the same mistakes nor gamble with us going down again. People are overreacting and media are fuelling the fire. Everyone loves us having a go at the board and the passion/contraversy/drama that goes with it.

In my view much of the statement is aimed at the media and agents.  I would be ery suprised if ch did not approve of this statement. Up to now the board and him have been working very well. 

I am quietly confident that people will be pleasantly surprised. If not, well - cockney mafia out!!!

Guest johnson293
With the "new capital outlay" debacle I read it as there won't be any new money from MA to sanction new signings. He wants a club that lives within its means. Some money from the new sponsorship deals, TV deals and so on will be allocated for transfers. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

That is exactly what I thought - no 'new' money being pumped in by him (Ashley) personally, but money coming in from sponsorship, TV, etc would/could be used.

I would presume there will also be monies from the transfer installments of the likes of Milner, N'Zogbia, Given and Bassong that could also be used?

:thup:

I Think he's a prick too - but I dont think he's stupid enough to be making the same mistakes nor gamble with us going down again. People are overreacting and media are fuelling the fire. Everyone loves us having a go at the board and the passion/contraversy/drama that goes with it.

In my view much of the statement is aimed at the media and agents.  I would be ery suprised if ch did not approve of this statement. Up to now the board and him have been working very well. 

I am quietly confident that people will be pleasantly surprised. If not, well - cockney mafia out!!!

Agreed. Think it just caught everyone off guard more than anything.

That is exactly what I thought - no 'new' money being pumped in by him (Ashley) personally, but money coming in from sponsorship, TV, etc would/could be used.

I would presume there will also be monies from the transfer installments of the likes of Milner, N'Zogbia, Given and Bassong that could also be used?

Wonder why they didn't just put that then. They're either incredibly fucking stupid or are just on the wind-up.