The World Cup

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ENGLAND

will crash out in the quarters. Spain to win.

England is my guess. Great manager is what was missing in the past. I rate Capello almost as high as Mourinho. Obviously depends on Rooney to have a good tournament as well.

If not England then it will probably be Argentina. Great players and a "special" head-coach.  :lol:

Argentina won't get past the quarters with that madman in charge. I'll be rooting for them though, hope they do well.

Hard to see past Spain IMO, they're rightly the favourites.

What's Argentina's normal starting eleven? I think their defence is weak as shite, and they have no one in midfield who can create goals.

They should really play with 4 strikers or something, and drop Messi and Tevez back in the the AM role.

Or something like 4 defenders, Mascherano, Jonas, Di Maria, Messi, Higuain and Tevez. Or Milito instead of Tevez. Or Aguero instead of Tevez.

Guest JamesyJazz

England,if they can get over the fact that Rooney might not make it all the way through the tournament without picking up an injury or not being fully fit.One man a team does not make!They have enough talent and strength to do this without the Granny fiddler.Believe.

Argentina,nope.The managers a twat.

I do fancy Portugal to do the biz though,currently 22-1 on William Hill.Decent E/W punt?

Holland could cause a few surprises as they're class going forward and will score goals.. unfortunately I can't see the defence being able to keep clean sheets so It might take a you score 3 we'll score 4 approach. I'll be following them all the same.

i think england will do well mainly through having the best manager in the tournament. i'd compare them to inter in the champion's league - not the most talented squad but experienced, aggressive, hard-working, physically dominant.

i'll go with brazil overall.

I back the Dutch every two years and they never do it.

Mainly because they are usually fighting with each other, last world cup Van Persie and Robben were fighting over who got the ball more per match. They interviewed Robben the other week about Holland and he said it was the first time that holland have gone into a competition feeling like a 'team' rather than individuals. It's a serious long shot but they do have players who can cause every team problems, my only concern is the defence..

Obvious point that has been made before, but no European side has ever won the World Cup when hosted outside of Europe (and bar Brazil '58, no South American has won it when hosted in Europe). Based on this, Brazil would be strong favourites for me. Though there's always a first time for everything.

Honestly haven't the foggiest. Pin your hopes on the favourite and it doesn't always happen; and there's a few teams who come in the tier below. But then; was the likes of Greece '04 a one in a million thing, or could it happen again?

No idea but i think we've got an excellent chance with this manager.

The poxy thing about last time was that none of the best teams were anywhere near the final. Argentina and Germany both spring to mind; criminal how they faced each other in the quarters. They were the best teams at the tournament, played the best football - and, bar the 'nowt-to-lose'rs' - were the only ones who actually played to win, rather than defend.

The knockouts were a travesty on the whole last time tbh. Rubbish, boring, defensive garbage bar a couple of games. Groups were absolute quality and then Argies/Mexico was good... but after that. :thdn:

Spain vs Brazil/England final.

Heart says we'll win it, head says Spain will. Since I'm in Spain like a week or so after it finishes I kinda hope it is us vs them in the final.