Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

Wow ads classic case of missing the point

it's got fuck all to do with us being in Europe or not. I think most agree Rangers opponents in the SPL apart from Celtic are of championship standard or less. The point being his poor record against Celtic and 3 goals in Europe is hardly prolific against better opposition.

Can't believe I had to explain that

Who would you sign on our budget instead?

what's our budget?

EDIT: i'd go for a loan myself ahead of Boyd - have to agree that he's scored a lot of goals against shit up in Scotland, just don't see him cutting it...a lot might depend on the type of game we play though and how hughton expects him to fit into that, i.e. no point in loaning or signing a great technical striker if we're gonna be hoofing the ball up and looking for scraps in and around the box, in that case Boyd might be what the doctor ordered

Next to nothing.  Loans often aren't 'free' either, who would you get on loan?

as i said a lot would depend on the type of game hughton plans on playing next season doesn't it?  not point me saying "try and loan macheda" if he wants to play 2 beasts like carrol up front and long ball it up to them...equally there'd be little point in going for a "wilshere" on loan either for the same reason

the point is there's a lot out there, clubs like man city, chelsea, inter etc. collect players like football cards these days and i'm sure a club like us could do better than boyd via the loan system - UNLESS that is boyds poaching style is what hughton really wants in his team, in case he should go for it

going for the lad  only 'cause he's out of contract is not what we should be doing, is the point i'm making i suppose, however if he's really who hughton wants then so be it - personally i reckon he'll bomb

I cannot wait for Beckford to sign for Everton and show how abysmal he is. Never known such unjustified hype.

But you are happy to sign  a slow forward like Boyd in the hope he will score goals against Premier defenders? I'll be interested to see which one does better if Boyd signs for us but I would put my money on it being Beckford.

Guest firetotheworks

I cannot wait for Beckford to sign for Everton and show how abysmal he is. Never known such unjustified hype.

Aye, he's no Andy Cole like.....or is he?

Guest michaelfoster

Agreed.

Did i just agree with Ronaldo? I must be ill :D

85 goals in 150 games. Unjustified hype?!

Ok it was in the lower leagues but that goalscoring record will probably stand up against anyone else in the English leagues.

85 goals in 150 games. Unjustified hype?!

Ok it was in the lower leagues but that goalscoring record will probably stand up against anyone else in the English leagues.

Boyds record is much better at an arguably higher level.

Beckford has more pace but is way behind on every other attribute. He's also lazier than Boyd and 3 times more likely to end up banged up in the next year.

what utter garbage

Beckford is someone I have reservations about but lets face it, Moyes usually gets it absolutely spot on with signings from the lower leagues.

He'll probably just replace Vaughan as back up anyway.

Guest gggg

How can someone who everyone realises has pace for an attribute because he uses it be lazier than a fat cunt who has never run anywhere?