Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

TBH

A better option is Maynard from Bristol City, who is quicker, better all round player, younger and has a better re-sal;e value, if that is what Ashley is looking at and he can be bought for 3 million quid and half the wages we would have to pay Boyd.

he'd cost more than that. 

Not much more. I have seen 3.5 m million quoted and for that, I think he would be an acceptable risk.

TBH

A better option is Maynard from Bristol City, who is quicker, better all round player, younger and has a better re-sal;e value, if that is what Ashley is looking at and he can be bought for 3 million quid and half the wages we would have to pay Boyd.

Why? Hooper is a much better player and he's gonna go for between £2m and £2.5m

:facepalm: As if thats how football works man

Bristol City turned down £5m because they dont need to sell.

From who?

Any club the size of BC would have difficulty in standing in the way of a young player who wants to better himself at a higher level. If an offer was placed, then BC would have to look at selling to ensuire long term survival. It is the nature of thebeast at that level.

children,children, the argument of whom he has scored against is crap, as crap as using "assists" to judge a player.

andreas andersson scored at old trafford and anfiled for us. it means fuck all when trying to gauge how good/bad a player is.

My mates still won't listen when I say he was a crap player :laugh:

TBH

No he can't his price is £5m as Fulham have already found out.

Guest Roger Kint

TBH

Beat me to it O0

TBH

Which is their top prioce for him. As the transfer deadline gets closer, that fee will reduce because they need the money and would have to replace him.

Guest Roger Kint

TBH

Which is their top prioce for him. As the transfer deadline gets closer, that fee will reduce because they need the money and would have to replace him.

You got Bristol Citys accounts handy to back up this need to sell?

I watch Scottish football a lot as I live in Scotland  and it's god awful league. Aye 6-6 game was exciting but the defending was shocking for every goal apart from the last one and that's exactly what I'm saying Boyd will score a load if goals against defences like that. Also with our midfield he will just get frustrated

What do people want then, a player from Scotland who can't score against the dross, would that make them feel better.  :lol:

128 goals in 193 games suggests he can score against dross :pow:

TBH

No it wont.

They've no reason to sell, if anything it will rise because people will be desperate. Are you living in a parallel universe?  :lol:

Put it this way they paid more than £2m for him and he's since had the best season of his young career so far.

I'm a big fan of the lad:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,50015.msg1288987.html#msg1288987  O0

I was saying we should have signed him when he was at Crewe, but £3m, they are not that hard up. What's the point in selling your best player for that kind of price, at that age, when already being offered £5m off a Prem club.

It's all a cow's opinion anyway, we're not going to pay money for someone unproven in the Premiership when we can get someone for free who's unproven in the Premiership.

:thup:

I can't see why someone would want one and not the another?

I don't see a problem with getting Boyd. Minimal risk financially, has a proven track record of goalscoring albeit at a lower level and can probably be moved on for a few million should he be shit.

Exactly, we can take a punt on a freebie and if he's crap, his reputation in Scotland will probably be enough to take him up there for a fee!

I don't see a problem with getting Boyd. Minimal risk financially, has a proven track record of goalscoring albeit at a lower level and can probably be moved on for a few million should he be s***.

Exactly, we can take a punt on a freebie and if he's crap, his reputation in Scotland will probably be enough to take him up there for a fee!

The risk is really if we give him a great wage. If we do want to move him but no-one is willing to pay his wages then he'll sit here till his contract runs out.

That's the Newcastle way!

I don't see a problem with getting Boyd. Minimal risk financially, has a proven track record of goalscoring albeit at a lower level and can probably be moved on for a few million should he be s***.

The risk is really if we give him a great wage. If we do want to move him but no-one is willing to pay his wages then he'll sit here till his contract runs out.

That's the Newcastle way!

Not the Ashley way though.

TBH

Not much more. I have seen 3.5 m million quoted and for that, I think he would be an acceptable risk.

Do you see much of him & Bristol City from the other side of the world?

Wow ads classic case of missing the point

it's got fuck all to do with us being in Europe or not. I think most agree Rangers opponents in the SPL apart from Celtic are of championship standard or less. The point being his poor record against Celtic and 3 goals in Europe is hardly prolific against better opposition.

Can't believe I had to explain that

Who would you sign on our budget instead?

I'd rather keep the likes of Ranger here in all honesty. Ability wise he's head and shoulders above Boyd.

TBH

Do you see much of him & Bristol City from the other side of the world?

We get a couple of live CCC games each week on our Foxtel service over here and I have seen several BC games this season, the last one being against Blackpool where Maynard scored an absolute cracker.

TBH

You got Bristol Citys accounts handy to back up this need to sell?

Yet another stupid smart arse remark from you that only displays your own deficiencies in entering a discussion sensibly. If you cant say anything sensible, say nothing at all. OK?