Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

Guest firetotheworks

macca is like a s*** version of Ronaldo.

Aye, he's Liam and Ronaldo is Noel.

TBH

A better option is Maynard from Bristol City, who is quicker, better all round player, younger and has a better re-sal;e value, if that is what Ashley is looking at and he can be bought for 3 million quid and half the wages we would have to pay Boyd.

No he can't his price is £5m as Fulham have already found out.

Which is their top prioce for him. As the transfer deadline gets closer, that fee will reduce because they need the money and would have to replace him.

You got Bristol Citys accounts handy to back up this need to sell?

Yet another stupid smart arse remark from you that only displays your own deficiencies in entering a discussion sensibly. If you cant say anything sensible, say nothing at all. OK?

The irony :laugh:

Wow ads classic case of missing the point

it's got fuck all to do with us being in Europe or not. I think most agree Rangers opponents in the SPL apart from Celtic are of championship standard or less. The point being his poor record against Celtic and 3 goals in Europe is hardly prolific against better opposition.

Can't believe I had to explain that

Who would you sign on our budget instead?

I'd rather keep the likes of Ranger here in all honesty. Ability wise he's head and shoulders above Boyd.

I disagree, if Ranger wasn't starting and banging in the goals this year he's less likely to next.  Getting goals was a significant problem the year before last & I've seen nothing in Ranger to suggest that he's the player to solve that.

I'd rather we gave the chance to someone who actually looks like a goalscorer.  :dontknow:

Are you really advocating going into next season with the exact same goalscoring options as last season?  If we're going to survive we need at least one new forward.

Only seen him play a couple of times, so if we do sign him I'll wait and see how he does before writing him off completely.

Must say though, I've never been impressed by him or gotten the impression that he'd have much chance of cutting it in the Prem. Scottish football is miserable, the step up for the guy is going to be massive.

Obviously not expecting much more with Ashley in charge, but a signing like this would just reinforce what a tough season it's going to be next year.

Guest Roger Kint

TBH

A better option is Maynard from Bristol City, who is quicker, better all round player, younger and has a better re-sal;e value, if that is what Ashley is looking at and he can be bought for 3 million quid and half the wages we would have to pay Boyd.

Which is their top prioce for him. As the transfer deadline gets closer, that fee will reduce because they need the money and would have to replace him.

Yet another stupid smart arse remark from you that only displays your own deficiencies in entering a discussion sensibly. If you cant say anything sensible, say nothing at all. OK?

You tell me Bristol need the money then i asked you to back up such a claim, its a fair question as you claim to know the answer. If you were simply bullshitting why not just say so instead of taking the debate off on a personal level to disguise your own lack of facts?

TBH

You tell me Bristol need the money then i asked you to back up such a claim, its a fair question as you claim to know the answer. If you were simply bullshitting why not just say so instead of taking the debate off on a personal level to disguise your own lack of facts?

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/321745c062275d8938441cdf0e9d3b42/compdetails

They'll cost you a pound if either of you are bothered.

Guest Roger Kint

TBH

Nope, just wondering why he thinks Bristol need money

TBH

Or you can download them for free from here:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/AnnualAccounts/0,,10327,00.html

TBH

:lol:

TBH

:lol:

Just trying to save the fighting chaps a quid. :)

Guest Roger Kint

Lets be clear there was no 'fighting' until macca chose to go down that route instead of doing as you have done O0

Does he start for Scotland ahead of Fletcher or is Fletcher first choice?

fletcher's first choice but i think that's because boyd fell out with george burley and made himself unavailable for selection. levein's called him up a couple of times but i'm sure he's just come on from the bench

I'm pretty sure that if Boyd made himself available, that he would be infront of Fletcher.  However, they are two different kind of players.

Kenny Miller is the main striker with McFadden off him.  You couldn't have Boyd up front by himself, cos he's a lazy bugger.  However, you could probably have Fletcher up by himself.

Anyhow, Walter Smith confirms that Boyd is not staying at Rangers.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/05/28/SOCCER_Rangers.html

Does he start for Scotland ahead of Fletcher or is Fletcher first choice?

fletcher's first choice but i think that's because boyd fell out with george burley and made himself unavailable for selection. levein's called him up a couple of times but i'm sure he's just come on from the bench

I'm pretty sure that if Boyd made himself available, that he would be infront of Fletcher.  However, they are two different kind of players.

Kenny Miller is the main striker with McFadden off him.  You couldn't have Boyd up front by himself, cos he's a lazy bugger.  However, you could probably have Fletcher up by himself.

Anyhow, Walter Smith confirms that Boyd is not staying at Rangers.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/05/28/SOCCER_Rangers.html

Fletcher is miles better than Boyd imo but I am fairly confident Boyd would get us a fair few goals. Not a fan of his attitude, general play or ability but he has that strikers instinct of being in the right place at the right time. Think it's crazy that some people are saying they would rather have the likes of Ranger when he barely did anything last season. That lad needs a season on loan in the championship at a smaller club playing week in week out before we know if he is going  to be decent.

We desperately need to offload Best ASAP, I have a horrible feeling CH will stick with him to give him chance to prove himself and go another half a season without scoring before realising he's not even a decent CCC player.

I'd take him as long as his wages won't be sky high, we'd have the possibility to sell him on for a (probably) decent-ish fee as well should be fail for us.

He will ask for £40k no doubt.

I'd take him as long as his wages won't be sky high, we'd have the possibility to sell him on for a (probably) decent-ish fee as well should be fail for us.

He will ask for £40k no doubt.

He asked for £20k in Jan 2009 when Birmingham (Then in the CCC) agreed a fee with Rangers for him. Birmingham only offered him £12k + £7k per match though.

Would probably get him for around £25-30K a week.

Fletcher is miles better than Boyd imo but I am fairly confident Boyd would get us a fair few goals. Not a fan of his attitude, general play or ability but he has that strikers instinct of being in the right place at the right time.

I've not seen a lot of the player, but if that's all he's got, that's not enough in the Premiership.