David Ginola

LooneyToonArmy

Trying to read between the lines here.  They say it was bypass surgery, and it was performed a while after his heart attack, which is a good sign.  If it was more serious they'd have done a coronary angioplasty almost immediately.

God that to me read as more serious than just fainting because of the heat. One of my favourite Newcastle players ever, both him and Pav since I started supporting the club 2 years before that 95-96 season. Hope he gets better.

Rob Lee tells a decent story about nights out when they went as a team, he said they'd send Ginola & Ferdinand in first and then the rest would follow in later and pick up whichever women didn't make the cut with Ginola & Ferdinand.

Ginola was the first player I had on the back of my shirt, maybe it was because he was foreign but it certainly seemed like he was the first 'superstar' that we bought. The way he took the ball from right in the left back corner against Neil Cox & beat him and then played it back to a defender was a serious case of I know I'm so much better than you from him. It did seem too easy for him at times.

Hopefully it's not as a serious as is being reported as although it did end on a sour note with him here he always has good things to say now and actually seems to care about the club.

Ginola split up with his wife or was he a cheater?

There's loads of class videos of him on YouTube talking about when he first arrived in Newcastle and how different he found it to Paris. Seems to absolutely love Geordies

I'm imagining he's had a bypass, especially with him being in a coma and talks of 2-3hr operation.  I'd imagine he is still intubated post procedure in a medically induced coma, unless his heart attack co-incided with an arrest in which case being in an induced coma can be a way to reduce damage from hypoxia as you cool and slowly warm the patient.  All hard to tell on sparse info, s*** news regardless.

Edit: Just seen confirmed bypass: must have been fairly major blockages / blocked left main stem unless angioplasty is not gold standard in France. If so the coma can be normal recovery post bypass with people sometimes going 24-48h before waking up.

With regards to angioplasty: it's only possible dependent on location of and number of blockages.  Sometimes angioplasty can't be performed and bypass is the preferred option. Bypass is much more invasive with a larger recovery. 

I remember a story from Ginola in which he basically said his wife cried when he was driving her around Newcastle upon their arrival.

Yeah, I remember that.  :lol: :lol:

Was it a culture shock to move from Paris to Newcastle in the 1990s both on and off the pitch?

Oh yes, it was a shock when I arrived at Newcastle! The football was fine, it was everything else that was so different. When you have lived in Paris for four years, with the food and culture, it is all very French, and then you arrive in the North East of England, Geordieland, it is a big shock. It was July and it was still freezing cold. My wife went for a tour of the city in the Rolls Royce of the Newcastle chairman Sir John Hall, and she came back crying! We had to embrace our new life, we made new friends, I loved the Geordie people, who are loving and amazing. We went to Whitley Bay for a Sunday Roast and I saw people swimming in the sea, but put one toe in the water and it was too cold!

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/david-ginola-i-got-call-david-dein-about-midnight-he-wanted-me-arsenal#57D6DGistsAk14J0.99

I would guess the news that he's had a bypass isn't too bad as I would suspect that they would only do it if he was in a good enough condition to cope with it.

My dad had a massive heart attack immediately after a few minor attacks and he had to build himself up for the operation which took 8 hours and he needed 5 grafts. My dad had a blockage which caused the minor attacks and they injected rat poison to thin the blood and that's when everything turned to s***. The heart was struggling to get blood past the blockage and then all of a sudden the pressure was released. His heart stopped and they had to use the jump leads to bring him back.

His recovery was amazing. 24 hours after the operation and he was sitting up in a chair. 24 hours later and he was walking around. 5 days after the operation and he was home.

25 years later and he's still with us and getting about as well as anybody his age.

Hopefully Ginola will do as well because he's much fitter than my dad was.

Guest antz1uk

Get French Football ‏@GFFN  10m10 minutes ago

Breaking | David Ginola out of danger after a quadruple bypass, he is said to have been saved without after-effects, according to Canal +

Fuck me

Why on Earth would his agent tweet something like that if it is as serious as this?

Cannot believe that there has been no official communication either way.

Probably an attempt at privacy, French paparazzi are very bad, ask Michael Schumacher

Guest firetotheworks

I remember a story from Ginola in which he basically said his wife cried when he was driving her around Newcastle upon their arrival.

Yeah, I remember that.  :lol: :lol:

You would in 1995 like. :lol: Especially if you'd just arrived from Paris.

My Mam had a heart attack a couple of years ago, only a minor one. She had a stent out in and was released after 1 night.

I myself have a heart condition called hypo plastic left heart valve syndrome and have had major operations.

My dad knew someone at work who had a major heart attack and he was back to work 6 weeks later (long distance truck driving).

It's amazing what Dr's can do.

Why on Earth would his agent tweet something like that if it is as serious as this?

Probably an attempt at privacy, French paparazzi are very bad, ask Michael Schumacher

Princess Diana as well.

Guest firetotheworks

Princess Diana as well.

It would be fairly hard to ask either.

Was boro, he absolutely tore him inside out, I was actually cringing for the lad, only time I've ever seen a footballer completely destroyed

Aye, just checked and it was Scott Green in the Bolton game. He was roasted as bad as Cox was. I'm sure he done Cox in another game aswell ?

I'm imagining he's had a bypass, especially with him being in a coma and talks of 2-3hr operation.  I'd imagine he is still intubated post procedure in a medically induced coma, unless his heart attack co-incided with an arrest in which case being in an induced coma can be a way to reduce damage from hypoxia as you cool and slowly warm the patient.  All hard to tell on sparse info, s*** news regardless.

Edit: Just seen confirmed bypass: must have been fairly major blockages / blocked left main stem unless angioplasty is not gold standard in France. If so the coma can be normal recovery post bypass with people sometimes going 24-48h before waking up.

With regards to angioplasty: it's only possible dependent on location of and number of blockages.  Sometimes angioplasty can't be performed and bypass is the preferred option. Bypass is much more invasive with a larger recovery. 

France has very good outcomes for angioplasty. If it was left main I doubt he would've made it to surgery. The fact he's had Cabg would in indicate medium sized vessels, some with full occlusions involved. 

Was boro, he absolutely tore him inside out, I was actually cringing for the lad, only time I've ever seen a footballer completely destroyed

He was :lol: heard stories about Cox himself saying he was never the same after that. As someone else mentioned I'm pretty sure he megged cox just about on our byeline then took him on again before beating a few other players.

No-one has mentioned his goal in the 5-0 Manure game which was pretty special as well.