Palace saved from going into liquidation

ChrisJbarnes

Does that mean someone else takes their place or does the Championship run with 23 teams. Fucking devastating if you're a Palace fan like. Still I'm sure there'll be plans to form a new AFC Palace or whatnot.

Forgive my ignorance - is there a precedent for a club essentially disappearing?

Does the FA have a set of rules that govern this situation?

It seems that the clubs that struggle go in to administration and reform while keeping their place in the division they are in. Total winding up seems to only happen with clubs outside the leagues in the lower reaches of the pyramid.

Guest Heneage

Seems bad even mentioning what players I'd take, almost like a vulture.  :undecided:

Either way Nathan Clyne and Shaun Scannell would be nice.

Does that mean someone else takes their place or does the Championship run with 23 teams. Fucking devastating if you're a Palace fan like. Still I'm sure there'll be plans to form a new AFC Palace or whatnot.

insofar as i know wednesday would take their place not sure what would then happen with league one.

hope something happens to sort this out don't want to see clubs go out of business  :weep:

There would be reprieves all the way down the pyramid if Palace went under. Sheff Weds would stay up in CCC, Gillingham in L1 and Grimsby in L2.

We already have the joys of the AGM Cup in Non League where nothing is certain until the league composition is sorted at the AGM in June. There is already loads to sort out with Chester, Farsley, Salisbury and many more either gone or going. Weston Super Mare should have been relegated from Conference South three times but are still there.

Forgive my ignorance - is there a precedent for a club essentially disappearing?

Does the FA have a set of rules that govern this situation?

It seems that the clubs that struggle go in to administration and reform while keeping their place in the division they are in. Total winding up seems to only happen with clubs outside the leagues in the lower reaches of the pyramid.

I remember a case a few years ago in Spain, where a small but well-off club bought a higher-ranked but bankrupt club, and took their place in the higher league.