Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rooney has completelty been neutralised by his own team. Unable to string together enough passes to find him in any kind of decent positions. Extraordinary really.

I hate when people spout this garbage to defend Rooney.

He's supposed to be one of the best players on the planet, therefore he should be able to make things happen on his own.  He's been completely anonymous in 135 minutes thus far.

I sort of agree, but I think it's been a combination of both things really.

Rooney has completelty been neutralised by his own team. Unable to string together enough passes to find him in any kind of decent positions. Extraordinary really.

He's supposed to be one of the best players on the planet, therefore he should be able to make things happen on his own.  He's been completely anonymous in 135 minutes thus far.

yet when messi's been anonymous in matches this season you throw a bitch fit when he gets criticised  :rolleyes:

Guest firetotheworks

Algeria are excellent passers of the ball.

Are they f***.  :lol:

they've passed it a lot better than england!

aye, I pass it better than my grandad, it doesn't mean my passing is 'excellent'

Why is Joe Cole on the bench?

Big question.

We really should be outplaying this team anyway, thats whats sad about it. Still we can surely improve this formation a lot if it takes that.

That was, without doubt, the worst performance England performance ever - reminded me a bit of the McClaren years :undecided:

Sven gets so much stick, but his England were light years ahead of anything since tbh.

God England are shite!

The only thing worse than that performance is having to watch it on fucking ITV. Death to ITV! Death to Clive Tyldesley! Death to overrated fucking footballers with huge egos and tiny hearts! Death to all solicitors!

yet when messi's been anonymous in matches this season you throw a bitch fit when he gets criticised  :rolleyes:

Argentina have 6 points out of 6 and Messi has been their best player in both games.  He's doing what the best players are supposed to be doing and showing up when it matters.   O0

Cappello is starting to piss me off, Why isnt Defoe playing, Rooney hasnt been able to do anything at all in this tourney so far, especially for the fact that everyone in England expected Rooney to be the main man for them in this tournament, Lampard and Gerrard have been painfuly average to watch so far, the midfield and the front two have been non-existant so far.

I sort of agree, but I think it's been a combination of both things really.

The only person Rooney has to feed who'll be of any danger is Lampard. Maybe Gerrard when he cuts in from the wing and plays more centrally. He could be better, but really he doesnt have much to work with right now.

tbf Messi is great. Rooney is also great, but not as great as Messi and hyped up by the media.

tbf Messi is great. Rooney is also great, but not as great as Messi and hyped up by the media.

indeed, but even great players don't always shine when the team around them isnt right. you just need to look at the spain team to know that.

'If Carlsberg sis team talks'......IT FUCKING EMBARRASING to have such, arguably, a great inspiring advert, advertising such a pathetic bunch of players. This is what ITV is about. This is what is wrong with ITV. tHIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH eNGLANd. I go in to these games with a mentality of being let down. Anything above that is a bonus but these fucks can't even muster up anything remotely inspiring.

Rooney really does need to start proving he's one of the world's best players, at the moment he's not in games, he's got to be able to effect games more, even if everything around him has been absolute trash. If he doesn't start doing that soon, he'll be on a flight home and have to wait another 4 years to prove himself.