Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James

Upson      Terry      Dawson   

Johnson                                                    Cole   

Barry                       

Lampard                Gerrard                       Cole

Rooney

Euro 96 stylee.

For me, you don't drop Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard unless they're not 100% fit or their heads aren't right.

Also, the wide players have not performed well at all hence the reason Lennon, SWP and Milner would be nowhere near my first team.

Theyre good enough, just not in that system. Maybe its underestimating Algeria to assume we would beat them regardless of how awful our formation is.

Many teams so far have shown a fluid team is far more important. We dont have that atall & it hasnt worked.

I've said it loads on here, the reason the likes of Drogba are far superior players is that they rise under pressue, Rooney folds under it.

But Lampard, Gerrard too? It's bizarre. These players have stepped up for their clubs at crucial moments.

Yes, it is. But neither are 4-4-2 players.

I wish these pundits would shut up about the 'system' - it's the players, not the f***ing system. 4-4-2 would work if it wasn't with out-of-form wasters like Lampard and Rooney.

Although I agree that many of the players have looked like they couldn't give a s***, if we had played 4-5-1 in both games, I think we would have 6 points.

Rubbish man - it's exactly the same players! They don't give a f*** - therein lies the problem.

Nonsense that they don't give a f***, tbh. Rooney clearly cares: there's some other problem here.

Does he? :lol: He's clearly hiding it well.

I don't question the passion: they simply seem scared to me. Did they also not give a shit during qualifying or is it simply now they've got to the finals they don't give a toss? :lol: While I agree it's not about the system, I'd change it simply to make the players more confident and sure of their roles.

Reminds me of us in the last few games under Allardyce.  Players more concerned about not being the one who fucks up and considering Capello's reaction to Rob Green's mistake it's a valid concern.

The players just don't have the confidence to push further up the pitch, take a risk, try something different and unexpected.  They'll play it safe and hope to grab a goal from a set piece.  England's best hope for the Slovenia game might be to go a couple of goals down in the first half, let them play with enough freedom knowing that there's nothing to lose.

The players just aren't good enough.

For what? To beat fucking Algeria and Slovenia? Rubbish.

England remind me of Newcastle in the relegation season. On paper having the players to do really well, but the players being devoid of confidence, motivation and not at all functioning as a team unit.

James

Johnson   Upson   Terry   Cole

Barry

Lampard                       Cole

Carrick

Gerrard    

Rooney

We need a real shake up and at least this would get a bit more movement in the side.

That is basically just bringing in a defensive midfielder for Heskey and asking them to play more narrow. 

We're just shit. 

Rooney needs a supply he can rely on and Carrick is the only one in that squad that knows his movement inside out. Cole would add that bit of unpredictability about us that we are sadly lacking.

Heskey is just someone i'd throw on the last 10 mins if we're protecting a 1 goal lead, he's pretty much useless apart from holding the ball up

For what? To beat f***ing Algeria and Slovenia? Rubbish.

Both those teams are better on the ball than us.

Nonsense, tbh. Have you seen any of these players play for their clubs?

:lol: we're talking about players who play for some of the best teams in Europe. And Liverpool.

England remind me of Newcastle in the relegation season. On paper having the players to do really well, but the players being devoid of confidence, motivation and not at all functioning as a team unit.

Basically as simple as that. All of those effect eachother.

you can tell we have the oldest team in the world cup, its just the same team as four years ago and the only players who havnt gone backwards i can think of off the top of my head are Rooney and Lennon and Rooney was non-existant for most of the game anyway 

Anyone who says the answer to this shitpile is to bring in Michael Carrick needs fucking shooting.

Name an alternative Mr tactics?

Anyone. Literally any English person that is alive. And some that are dead.

The players in the England team lack the technical and tactical diversity to fit into a system together.  Their deficiencies in terms of trapping the ball, maintaining possession and controlling the ball are cancelled out when playing for their clubs as they are surrounded by players who have the skillsets do this. When you try to mould all of them into a team they look useless because they can't do any of the simple basics that should be learned from a youngster.

The players in the England team lack the technical and tactical diversity to fit into a system together.  Their deficiencies in terms of trapping the ball, maintaining possession and controlling the ball are cancelled out when playing for their clubs as they are surrounded by players who have the skillsets do this. When you try to mould all of them into a team they look useless because they can't do any of the simple basics that should be learned from a youngster.

Absolute tosh.

For the next Euro's I think we need to just say fuck it and go the Argentina/Maradonna route. Put a legendary, substance abusing, off his rocker ex player in charge ie Gazza and let the players get pissed up every night and then just see what happens. Gotta be better than this shit ffs.  :dontknow:

Anyone who says the answer to this shitpile is to bring in Michael Carrick needs fucking shooting.

And yet Rooney's been thriving off Carricks balls all season.  fnarr fnarr

can't disagree with this unfortunately

can't disagree with this unfortunately

Same. :thup:

Agree

Anyone who says the answer to this shitpile is to bring in Michael Carrick needs f***ing shooting.

Heh? Carrick's been shit for ManU this season. Rooney has been fed mostly from the wings.

This is just bullshit. Michael Carrick was displaced by Darron Gibson. Darron with an o. He's that shit.