Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

While I'm pig sick of the ball being blamed for every single time a goalkeeper makes a huge cock up or a free kick is spooned over the bar, Craig Johnston (inventor of the Predator boot amongst other things) said some interesting stuff about it last night on MOTD.

http://beta.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00styg1/Match_of_the_Day_2010_FIFA_World_Cup_19_06_2010/

Around 24.00.

While I'm pig sick of the ball being blamed for every single time a goalkeeper makes a huge cock up or a free kick is spooned over the bar, Craig Johnston (inventor of the Predator boot amongst other things) said some interesting stuff about it last night on MOTD.

http://beta.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00styg1/Match_of_the_Day_2010_FIFA_World_Cup_19_06_2010/

Around 24.00.

At last, someone who really does seem to know what he's talking about. With shots and crosses, players control the ball through imparting spin, and in making the ball more aerodynamic, they've made it more difficult to impart spin. In a lot of the slow-mo replays that I've seen, the ball doesn't seem to be rotating as much as I'd expect.

I wonder if the problem for goalkeepers is that the ball is travelling through the air quicker, and they're being caught out by its pace, rather than its swerve.

Did anyone just see the Terry press conference? Apparently it was brutally honest, with Terry mentioning a meeting where the players would be telling Capello exactly what they thought etc and if it upset him then 'so what'. Also, SSN apologised for some of the language or something.

Did anyone just see the Terry press conference? Apparently it was brutally honest, with Terry mentioning a meeting where the players would be telling Capello exactly what they thought etc and if it upset him then 'so what'. Also, SSN apologised for some of the language or something.

he said 'sod'. Twice. Didn't think it was really apologising territory. He joked that a few of the England players might be following anelka home after the meeting tonight. Spoke very highly of Joe cole, said only he and Rooney had the ability to provide the spark.

he said 'sod'. Twice. Didn't think it was really apologising territory. He joked that a few of the England players might be following anelka home after the meeting tonight. Spoke very highly of Joe cole, said only he and Rooney had the ability to provide the spark.

Oh, that's going to end very badly.

Terry stressed: "I have seen a few reports myself. There is no unrest in the camp at all.

"I'm not going to sit here and question the manager. I'm here on behalf of all the players to say we are all fully behind him. Everyone is positive."

More @  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8750168.stm/

Christ, that's desperate stuff. Doesn't mean they're behind him at all, just that he's been told to say they are.

"We are going to look at the whole 93 minutes and see where we went wrong," said Terry. "And that means pretty much the whole lot of it.

"It is going to be a chance for everyone to get it off their chest and if that means a few players get upset then that is the way it is. We need to win the next game and we have to say 'Sod it, let's sort it out and show everyone what we can do'."

Terry stressed: "I have seen a few reports myself. There is no unrest in the camp at all.

"I'm not going to sit here and question the manager. I'm here on behalf of all the players to say we are all fully behind him. Everyone is positive."

Christ, that's desperate stuff. Doesn't mean they're behind him at all, just that he's been told to say they are.

You're just being negative now..

He's says there's no unrest but then goes on to talk about the boredom around the training camp and talking about a player's meeting with Capello where people can 'get things off their chest'. Sounds like unrest to me.

Just realistic. :shifty:

Regarding boredom, I don't think there is one player at the world cup who likes not being with his family and spending their days between matches playing card games and PS3. All the players from every nation suffer from it, and tis will not be the first tournament where England players are bored, so hardly an excuse for underperforming.

Well it's true. If you have to come out and publicly say you back the manager, there's a problem.

Well it's true. If you have to come out and publicly say you back the manager, there's a problem.

Not when it is preceded by dozens of articles in the national papers suggesting there is a problem. Cause and effect. From an outsider's perspective, it almost looks like you are trying to self destruct in this World Cup, and the media and fans are actually enjoying it when they have something to complain about. Can people not to a reasonable extent support the team and evaluate the performance after the tournament is over? Seems like a shit storm is being created out of nothing and before you know it the situation is out of control and nobody trusts nobody anymore. Classic example of shooting yourselves in the foot.

On a completely unrelated issue. How bad is it that I really really want to buy the white German world cup shirt? I mean I don't like Germany but that shirt is lush.  :-[

I'm trying to think of a amazing German player to put on the back so I can justify buying it but no one is sticking out atm.

Robert Huth.

On a completely unrelated issue. How bad is it that I really really want to buy the white German world cup shirt? I mean I don't like Germany but that shirt is lush.  :-[

I'm trying to think of a amazing German player to put on the back so I can justify buying it but no one is sticking out atm.

Robert Huth.

Hmm of Boro and Stoke fame though.

How about Podolski? Only plays well for the national team and the first German player to miss a penalty for 20 years or summat.

Robert Huth.

Hmm of Boro and Stoke fame though.

How about Podolski? Only plays well for the national team and the first German player to miss a penalty for 20 years or summat.

Ozil?