Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow.

All i have to say is. There were three teams today

Holland

1st Half Brazil

2nd Half Brazil

Holland were not playing, Holland isn't a country.

:jesuswept:

Would you call the England team The North East or The Midlands?

It's the equivalent.

No it isn't. England fans don't sign songs about the North East. The FA don't call England the North East.

The country is called The Netherlands, Holland is a common name used to describe the western area of The Netherlands.

In the UK Holland is widely accepted as a name for the Netherlands. It is why the Netherlands Tourist board have setup this website http://www.holland.com/uk/ . Also Holland has been used as the name for all the Netherlands before.

Good marketing making use of ignorance, doesn't make it correct though.

Who honestly gives a flying fuk, not even the Hollands tbf.  :razz:

My mate from Nijmegen who's been bleating on about it, I'll give up know though as I fear I'm starting to sound like Phil K!

Careful, you'll get a PM. :pow:

I got one.  :coolsmiley:

Guest optimistic nit

dont really think its fair blaming the keeper for that goal. the ball swerved towards the centre the all the way into the bottom corner. phenominal strike.

dont really think its fair blaming the keeper for that goal. the ball swerved towards the centre the all the way into the bottom corner. phenominal strike.

Hit it brilliantly but he tried to read it too early.

interesting sub, uruguay's central midfield was getting pissed on physically and they couldnt hold on to the ball, doubt lodeiro will help in physical terms but he should be able to slow down the tempo and make the game more technical, which would be to uruguay's favour.