Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

United Nations 4 Australia 0

The German philosophy of picking non Germans makes me slightly ill at ease tbh.

Hargreaves?

Aye they wanted him as well.

Yeah but he's Canadian and playing for England.  Pot calling the kettle black and all that.

Hargreaves has English parents I do believe.

To be fair, most of these players are either born in Germany or have lived most of their life there.

Only Cacau is a bit of a pisstake.

Exactly.

Otherwise, they could equally say England are taking the piss by having the likes of Ferdinand, Defoe, Huddlestone, Onuoha, Bent, Walcott, Heskey, Richards etc represent them.

They were actually born in England. The likes of Podolski, Klose, Cacau weren't born in Germany.

Doesn't bother me really like, it goes without saying that the Germans will do whatever it takes to win/destroy humanity.

This is really my point,added to the fact they have no German heritage either makes it a mockery tbh,just like Jack did with the Ireland team in the 80's and 90's.

when we were good?

Of course it's tongue in cheek man, Jesus. :lol:

I'm starting to think the English might be dumber than the Yanks thinking it's serious.

Pretty obvious it was meant to be tongue in cheek, the sad thing is the number of American's who'll see it and think they won :lol:

Hargreaves?

Yeah but he's Canadian and playing for England.  Pot calling the kettle black and all that.

To be fair, most of these players are either born in Germany or have lived most of their life there.

Exactly.

Otherwise, they could equally say England are taking the piss by having the likes of Ferdinand, Defoe, Huddlestone, Onuoha, Bent, Walcott, Heskey, Richards etc represent them.

They were actually born in England. The likes of Podolski, Klose, Cacau weren't born in Germany.

Doesn't bother me really like, it goes without saying that the Germans will do whatever it takes to win/destroy humanity.

This is really my point,added to the fact they have no German heritage either makes it a mockery tbh,just like Jack did with the Ireland team in the 80's and 90's.

Oh, you're just grumpy because they would've defeated you if we Americans hadn't been there to fight your war for you...

both podolski and klose are from germanic families in poland, and both moved to germany as kids. don't see what the problem is. only cacau has acquired citizenship late on for the purposes of playing.

Hargreaves?

Exactly.

Both Gomez, Klose, Trochowski and Podolski is raised in Germany tbh. Gomez got a german mother, Klose has lived there almost all his life and his father is half-german I think, and Trochowski and Podolski came to Germany when they were small kids. I'd say Germany would be the natural choise for them tbh. At least more natural than playing for a country you've almost never lived in.

So the only one that is not really supposed to be there is Cacau imo ;)

I'm starting to think the English might be dumber than the Yanks thinking it's serious.

Pretty obvious it was meant to be tongue in cheek, the sad thing is the number of American's who'll see it and think they won :lol:

:lol: God damn. You know, we're not stupid!

While on about fence jumpers.

I would love to see what side of the fence Desailly is sitting on if France played Ghana. Fairplay to people like Townsend, he still classes Ireland as his team. The way Desailly is going on about "WE" you would think he played football with the likes of  Yeboah, Baffoe & Lamptey.

:lol: God damn. You know, we're not stupid!

:lol:

Never a red card for Cahill. Might've been asked already, but can Australia appeal it? Germany were majestic tonight, and Ozil is the lead magician.....his finishing wasn't good, but imagining him and Messi together distracted me all night. Still don't think they can win, and they may have peaked too soon, but what a great start. That, along with Holland playing tomorrow, might finally get this tournament going. Definitely looking forward to the second half of the draw (Holland, Brazil, Ivory Coast, Chile, Spain....)

I would love to see what side of the fence Desailly is sitting on if France played Ghana. Fairplay to people like Townsend, he still classes Ireland as his team. The way Desailly is going on about "WE" you would think he played football with the likes of  Yeboah, Baffoe & Lamptey.

you can have townsend back if you want tbh we don't want to claim him anymore

The Brazil squad is poor by its normal standards:

Gilberto - Could not get a game at Spurs

Elano - Dumped by Man City

Gilberto - Too old & too slow for Arsenal & Arsne

Baptista - Weg did not want snap him up after loan spell

Kléberson  - Failure at Man Utd

Robinho - had issues at Man City but has looked good at Santos.

I am surprised Mirandinha did not make the squad.

Utter drivel.

Just because a player doesn't cut it in England doesn't make them s***.

Dezzie, I guess you missed this bit "The Brazil squad is poor by its normal standard"

Can you find a poorer Brazil W/C squad?

But it's often the collective not the sum of the parts.

The Brazil squad in 2006 was packed full of 'star' players and they flopped terribly. This team doesn't have as many star players on paper but as a team and a unit they are one of the best Brazil teams in a long time.

Dunga has won everything in his path.

Spot on Swelly. I have watched Brazil in every qualifying game that has been a SKY. They still have that sparkle & passing that only they can do at times. But it is surreal seeing some of the names in that squad & how there time in PL went.

I went to one  :coolsmiley:

Nah Townsend is sticking with your lot.

The Brazil squad is poor by its normal standards:

Gilberto - Could not get a game at Spurs

Elano - Dumped by Man City

Gilberto - Too old & too slow for Arsenal & Arsne

Baptista - Weg did not want snap him up after loan spell

Kléberson  - Failure at Man Utd

Robinho - had issues at Man City but has looked good at Santos.

I am surprised Mirandinha did not make the squad.

Utter drivel.

Just because a player doesn't cut it in England doesn't make them s***.

Dezzie, I guess you missed this bit "The Brazil squad is poor by its normal standard"

Can you find a poorer Brazil W/C squad?

But it's often the collective not the sum of the parts.

The Brazil squad in 2006 was packed full of 'star' players and they flopped terribly. This team doesn't have as many star players on paper but as a team and a unit they are one of the best Brazil teams in a long time.

Dunga has won everything in his path.

Spot on Swelly. I have watched Brazil in every qualifying game that has been a SKY. They still have that sparkle & passing that only they can do at times. But it is surreal seeing some of the names in that squad & how there time in PL went.

I went to one  :coolsmiley:

In La Paz?

Guest palnese

Our house in Stoke   :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1842/imag0307j.jpg

I know you obviously don't live there but is there any big screens likely to be up in Copenhagen?

http://www.facebook.com/VisitCopenhagen

You can watch the matches on big screen at Pub & Sport bar, The Globe bar, O'Leary's bar, Public House Gastropub, Park Cafe, and from 11 June there will be a large World Cup beach bar with room for 5,000 people at Strandbar Ofelia on the square outside the Royal Playhouse (just walk to the end of Nyhavn)

Our house in Stoke   :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1842/imag0307j.jpg

I know you obviously don't live there but is there any big screens likely to be up in Copenhagen?

http://www.facebook.com/VisitCopenhagen

You can watch the matches on big screen at Pub & Sport bar, The Globe bar, O'Leary's bar, Public House Gastropub, Park Cafe, and from 11 June there will be a large World Cup beach bar with room for 5,000 people at Strandbar Ofelia on the square outside the Royal Playhouse (just walk to the end of Nyhavn)

:thup: Thanks. Get myself down to watch Denmark v Cameroon when I'm there me thinks.

They found out that Cascarino wasn't actually eligible at all recently iirc.

i think he actually was, he was adopted but that still counts as eligible so long as adoptive parents have the history, i think anyway

i think he actually was, he was adopted but that still counts as eligible so long as adoptive parents have the history, i think anyway

Yes,I think you're right. O0

Cascarino also dyed his hair and lied about his age when he met the Marseille president to get his move.

Scored 61 in 84 for them so it worked out quite well in the end. :lol:

Cascarino also dyed his hair and lied about his age when he met the Marseille president to get his move.

Scored 61 in 84 for them so it worked out quite well in the end. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Cascarino

The last part of his Wiki page explains his goal ratio,if it is true of course. ;D

It's only cheating if you get caught.  :pow:

Correctamundo,we'd have twigged it though Middsy. :thup:

Forwards: There are six forwards that will possibly be in uniform come June 13 when Germany takes on Australia. How many of these forwards are German born though? The answer is 3. That means that fifty-percent of the German front line goal scorers are not born in the country. Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski are both born in Poland and Cacau is Brazilian born.

Midfielders: There are also six midfielders that most definitely be dawning the black, red and yellow come tournament time. The problem is that the birth places of the middle six do not represent theses colors. Like many other German Nationals, Piotr Trochowski was born in Poland and Marko Marin is a product of Yugoslavia.

Defenders: Out of 8 defenders in the current line-up, all but one is German born. The loner is Andreas Beck, a 23 year old footballer that hails from the Soviet Union."

IMO a bit of rule bending going on, but what do you expect from ze Germans?  :shifty: