Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So the rumours are starting that King is going to be out for 3 weeks  :facepalm:

What would that mean? Carragher to start for the rest of the World Cup? He was really shit against USA. Couldn't even stop Altidore...

If it's true about King (and it probably is) then Capello needs to pick a partner for Terry and stick to it so they can form some understanding in training and the games against Algeria and Slovenia. I know they'll have all trained together in different pairings but it's no good for them to be guessing if we're planning to go anywhere in this tournament.

Guest Geordiesned

Carragher was appalling against the USA. Not just when he was getting skinned but whenever in possession he dwelt on the ball far too long and slowed it all down.

If it's true about King (and it probably is) then Capello needs to pick a partner for Terry and stick to it so they can form some understanding in training and the games against Algeria and Slovenia. I know they'll have all trained together in different pairings but it's no good for them to be guessing if we're planning to go anywhere in this tournament.

Agree and it has to be Upson.

Guest Geordiesned

Agree it has to be Upson. A back 5 containing Green and Carragher does not fill me with confidence.

I could just about stand Carragher being there as a back up RB, but to actually start him at CB would be criminal. Don't really care if it's Dawson or Upson who plays, as long as it's not Carra.

The thought of Upson and Green at the back... terrifying bearing in mind the season they have both had.

I cant put my finger on it but I have always thought Upson was utter garbage. Never an international player.

Looks grim.

Would be good for Rob Green as well to have a player of his club (Upson) in front of him. If Green still plays...

Not so good for England that they almost got relegated this season though.

The thought of Upson and Green at the back... terrifying bearing in mind the season they have both had.

I cant put my finger on it but I have always thought Upson was utter garbage. Never an international player.

Looks grim.

I'm surprised Capello didn't even think about taking Jagielka.  Better than Upson and Dawson.

Would be good for Rob Green as well to have a player of his club (Upson) in front of him. If Green still plays...

Surley Green and Upson have been two of their better players. Haven't watched so many PL matches last season, though.

Surley Green and Upson have been two of their better players. Haven't watched so many PL matches last season, though.

Not noticeably tbh. Only Parker and Diamanti have impressed me for WHU this past season.

Not noticeably tbh. Only Parker and Diamanti have impressed me for WHU this past season.

All right. Parker should have gone to the World Cup imo. Could have replaced Barry against the US.

Christ, can't believe I love the Shakira song.

It's because she's hot man.

She could blow a vuvuzela while being accompanied by Limp Bizkit and you'd think it was great simply cos she has nice tits. :lol:

I could just about stand Carragher being there as a back up RB, but to actually start him at CB would be criminal. Don't really care if it's Dawson or Upson who plays, as long as it's not Carra.