Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/808/zonalm.jpg

Montolivo, Palombo, De Rossi is a strong midfield, not sure about the rest of the side though.

Had a look at the Italian squad last night, every single one plays in Italy but not one player from Inter in the squad - that's got to be some sort of record.

Thought Cannavaro was playing for Al-Shitty these days?

Ah yeah I did think I'd seen one on the BBC list but then Wiki still has him at Juventus when I just checked. My point was more about no players from the current champions of that country.

He's not an Al-Shitty player before July 1st though. O0

Montolivo, Palombo, De Rossi is a strong midfield, not sure about the rest of the side though.

Had a look at the Italian squad last night, every single one plays in Italy but not one player from Inter in the squad - that's got to be some sort of record.

Ah yeah I did think I'd seen one on the BBC list but then Wiki still has him at Juventus when I just checked. My point was more about no players from the current champions of that country.

Aye, it is strange. I just wanted to be a pedantic twat  :lol:

He's not an Al-Shitty player before July 1st though. O0

:smug:

Italian players are s****, that's why Inter don't have any. Only Chiellini, De Rossi and possibly Di Natale are good enough for the Inter team, and 2 of them are just out of reach.

Balotelli and Santon will be national teamers in a couple of years though, and the likelyhood is Inter will be buying one of Bonucci (in the squad) or Ranocchia this transfer window.

Hope Italy serve out a severe beating to Paraguay tonight. Silence the critics and the mackems who are supporting Paraguay in protest.

I'm expecting Gilardino to score a few goals but miss a few sitters. 3-1 Italy.

I have also nicknamed him Berti after his triffic performances for me on FIFA WC on ps3.

watched paraguay against ireland and they were terrible - very slow, boring side, though saying that i'd expect them to be better in a proper match.

All signs point to this being a dull, low scoring game tbh.

Might put some money on the 0-0, 1-0 and 0-1 scorelines.

Which would more or less guarantee at least two goals in the game for you lot to enjoy. :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Simply playing in red and white stripes gives a reason to wish defeat on Paraguay. Plus they've got a mackem or two in their ranks.

Forza Italia! :-)

Guest Brummiemag

All signs point to this being a dull, low scoring game tbh.

Might put some money on the 0-0, 1-0 and 0-1 scorelines.

Which would more or less guarantee at least two goals in the game for you lot to enjoy. :lol:

Unfortunately I've watched every game in the world cup so far and I have to say that overall its been desperately disappointing, dull and negative. Not one really good game so far out of nine

It really is a shame that the show piece of football is such a let down - look forward to it for months, take time off work etc and it constantly disappoints.

Do other people agree and is it going to improve?   

I've enjoyed it, but it has been very underwhelming.  I hope it gets better when teams really have to go for it (unfortunately the other side of that coin is that teams will just shut up shop as well).

The main problem with the world cup is that it's a bunch of teams with little to no cohesion - they are literally only playing together for very small periods of time.  That's why a team like Spain looks so dangerous, because their CMs play together week in/week out.  Overall though it's a lot of individuals running around for 90 minutes trying to force stuff to happen.

Italy

1 G. Buffon

5 F. Cannavaro

19 G. Zambrotta

4 G. Chiellini

6 D. De Rossi

22 R. Montolivo

7 S. Pepe

3 D. Criscito

15 C. Marchisio

11 A. Gilardino

9 V. Iaquinta

Paraguay

1 J. Villar

14 P. da Silva

17 A. Torres

21 A. Alcáraz

6 C. Bonet

3 C. Morel

16 C. Riveros

13 E. Vera

15 V. Cáceres

18 N. Valdez

19 L. Barrios

I just hope something worthwhile happens in this one. I'm starting to believe more and more it's the ball that is ruining this World Cup - it's impossible for any rhythm or tempo to be created in these games.

I'm starting to believe more and more it's the ball that is ruining this World Cup - it's impossible for any rhythm or tempo to be created in these games.

I've played with the ball and it's not that bad.  It plays like normal.  I mean, due to the rules there is only a 2oz window for ball weight anyway.

I'm starting to believe more and more it's the ball that is ruining this World Cup - it's impossible for any rhythm or tempo to be created in these games.

I've played with the ball and it's not that bad.  It plays like normal.  I mean, due to the rules there is only a 2oz window for ball weight anyway.

It must be the altitude then, because the amount of overhit crosses and passes is just obscene. I'm sounding like a broken record here but it's genuinely annoying me.

Guest Stephen927

The vevezulas are annoying but you can't really ban them when they're part of African culture.

It must be the altitude then, because the amount of overhit crosses and passes is just obscene. I'm sounding like a broken record here but it's genuinely annoying me.

Could be any number of things that don't really include the actual ball.  They could honestly think that the people will be in those positions because at their club the person in that position would've been there or whatever.  Lots of mis-communication on the field as well.  That could be the horns?  Nerves?  Who knows.  Either way it will hopefully get better after every team plays their first match.

Could be any number of things that don't really include the actual ball.  They could honestly think that the people will be in those positions because at their club the person in that position would've been there or whatever.  Lots of mis-communication on the field as well.  That could be the horns?  Nerves?  Who knows.  Either way it will hopefully get better after every team plays their first match.

Man I hope so, because for the most part this World Cup has been a colossol dull-fest. There hasn't been a good goal since Tshtshabalalalalalalas.

The first few games are always very tentative aren't they?

Whey that's what I'm telling myself. Never this bad though I'm sure, the goal average is currently lower than all the World Cups at the same stage - including Italia 90' which was regarded as one of the dullest WCs (in terms of overall goals/entertainment) ever.

Euro 2008 had me gripped by this point.

The first few games are always very tentative aren't they?

Whey that's what I'm telling myself. Never this bad though I'm sure, the goal average is currently lower than all the World Cups at the same stage - including Italia 90' which was regarded as one of the dullest WCs (in terms of overall goals/entertainment) ever.

Euro 2008 had me gripped by this point.

euro 2008 had far less shit teams with only 16 in the tournament and frankly was the best one i can remember in my lifetime 

Lucas Barrios - the man to sink Italy.

Think I've mentioned this before, but I very nearly put a bet on him to be top scorer in January when he was 2000/1, before he got his Paraguayan citizenship (Parky!!?!). Since he switched allegiances he's scored 3 in 3 and his odds have dropped to 100/1. If he goes and does an Oleg Salenko against New Zealand I'm gonna be grossly pissed off with my self.