Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wish these pundits would shut up about the 'system' - it's the players, not the f***ing system. 4-4-2 would work if it wasn't with out-of-form wasters like Lampard and Rooney.

Although I agree that many of the players have looked like they couldn't give a s***, if we had played 4-5-1 in both games, I think we would have 6 points.

Rubbish man - it's exactly the same players! They don't give a f*** - therein lies the problem.

Well, if 4-5-1 were to be played, you would expect Cole to play (although Capello seems to despise him) and IMO he would make a massive difference.

Why do our players have zero close control? Our skill and technique on the ball is beyond woeful.

Because power and pace is what is looked for at youth level not technique.

i agree. british players do have worse technique than others. in some ways Aus and the US also suffer from this problem due to the huge amount of shite ex-pat british coaches who go over there cos they aren't good enough to make a career over here.

That's a bit harsh on Macca like.

:)

I wish these pundits would shut up about the 'system' - it's the players, not the f***ing system. 4-4-2 would work if it wasn't with out-of-form wasters like Lampard and Rooney.

Although I agree that many of the players have looked like they couldn't give a s***, if we had played 4-5-1 in both games, I think we would have 6 points.

Rubbish man - it's exactly the same players! They don't give a f*** - therein lies the problem.

Well, if 4-5-1 were to be played, you would expect Cole to play (although Capello seems to despise him) and IMO he would make a massive difference.

That's the player making the difference, not the system.

Rubbish man - it's exactly the same players! They don't give a fuck - therein lies the problem.

Nonsense that they don't give a fuck, tbh. Rooney clearly cares: there's some other problem here.

Dropping Rooney isn't the answer like. It's obvious it's that the system isn't suited to our best player, that's pretty much all the energy I have to say. I'm going to bed.

He's not playing like the player he claims to be, system or not, he's lucky that his reputation will garauntee him a place in the next match. He's got to start playing like he play for Manure.

You're right. It's the same system that took us through qualification. What's changed is the confidence of the senior players, and Rooney in particular.

I just wonder whether Capello has underestimated the effect of all the pressure and hype on the players. This is his first time at a World Cup, after all. Maybe the players could do with some time out with the WAGs to relax.

I'm not sure whether Beckham's presence is a help. England's supposed hero and all that. Ferdinand hanging around injured for a week didn't seem right either. Injured players should be back home.

Nonsense that they don't give a f***, tbh. Rooney clearly cares: there's some other problem here.

Does he? :lol: He's clearly hiding it well.

I knaa man, I'm pissed, bare with me.

It is clear the system doesn't work, Gerrard on the left etc and Cole needs to be introduced, SWP is shit.

Nonsense that they don't give a f***, tbh. Rooney clearly cares: there's some other problem here.

Nope Rooney is usually on-field passion personified - I am going to vote on something else being amiss.

Despite his bad perfomances he can;t be dropped against Slovenia - he is exactly the type of player you need against them.

I knaa man, I'm pissed, bare with me.

It is clear the system doesn't work, Gerrard on the left etc and Cole needs to be introduced, SWP is s***.

I know, I agree :lol:

I don't question the passion: they simply seem scared to me. Did they also not give a shit during qualifying or is it simply now they've got to the finals they don't give a toss? :lol: While I agree it's not about the system, I'd change it simply to make the players more confident and sure of their roles.

he obviously cares, look at his lash out at the fans.

could do with a beardsley type to drop deep and link the play, as we need rooney to play as high up the field as possible in the next game. he'll be useless if he has to drop back yet again.

James

Johnson  Upson  Terry  Cole

Barry

Lampard                      Cole

Carrick

Gerrard   

Rooney

We need a real shake up and at least this would get a bit more movement in the side.

I've said it loads on here, the reason the likes of Drogba are far superior players is that they rise under pressue, Rooney folds under it.

But Lampard, Gerrard too? It's bizarre. These players have stepped up for their clubs at crucial moments.

James

Johnson   Upson   Terry   Cole

Barry

Lampard                       Cole

Carrick

Gerrard    

Rooney

We need a real shake up and at least this would get a bit more movement in the side.

That is basically just bringing in a defensive midfielder for Heskey and asking them to play more narrow. 

We're just shit. 

he obviously cares, look at his lash out at the fans.

could do with a beardsley type to drop deep and link the play, as we need rooney to play as high up the field as possible in the next game. he'll be useless if he has to drop back yet again.

Remember when Rooney used to be that player?

i'd play both lennon and cole, slovenia look nervy when players run at them. and lennon at least put a few good crosses in the box and pulls players out of position. what capello is doing putting SWP on for him is mind boggling.