Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What should have happened is ITV and BBC agreed to split the games either way (1 group game on BBC, 1 on ITV). Then they'd have both been able to be on their respective HD channel and we could all stop being snobs complaining.

So Holland-Cameroon (which is essentially pointless) is on BBC1, whilst the winner-take-all Denmark-Japan is on BBC3. Strange.

Not on my TV guide..?

What should have happened is ITV and BBC agreed to split the games either way (1 group game on BBC, 1 on ITV). Then they'd have both been able to be on their respective HD channel and we could all stop being snobs complaining.

Would it not be possible to have put HD via the red button? Thought they've done it before.

After watching HD sport (World cup/wimbledon) I dread going back to normal television.

Kind of funny how much better the coverage has been over here as opposed to the UK. The simultaneous matches have all been on ESPN and ESPN2, both which are HD.

ESPN has been excellent, and the commentators, sidekicks and Studio guys have been great.  Love Roberto Martinez as a studio pundit.

ESPN top top marks this world cup.

As far as I'm concerned, if ANY part of the defenders body is level with ANY part of the attacker then it should be onside. Even if it is just the defenders outstretched arm level with the furthest part back of the attackers body. We want to see more goals generating more excitement, not less ffs.

What is it about Italian managers that makes it so hard for them to see what is blatantly obvious. Anyone who has watched England and Italy would easily spot that what is lacking is creativity and quick dynamic attacking play. As a result both Capello and Lippi have risked elimination at the group stage with negative tactics and poor selections/substitutions. Capello got away with it, just, but Lippi hasn't.

As much as I wanted Italy to go through, and that goal looked fine from where I was sitting BTW - god damn English linesmen! - but if you can't pick up a win against New Zealand, Slovakia and Paraguay (who look the poorest of the South American sides IMO) then you don't deserve to go through.

Hopefully the Italian chiefs will look to rebuild rather than rehashing the same old players again.

God damn parents, making me support two piss poor countries.  :angry:

What is it about Italian managers that makes it so hard for them to see what is blatantly obvious. Anyone who has watched England and Italy would easily spot that what is lacking is creativity and quick dynamic attacking play. As a result both Capello and Lippi have risked elimination at the group stage with negative tactics and poor selections/substitutions. Capello got away with it, just, but Lippi hasn't.

As much as I wanted Italy to go through, and that goal looked fine from where I was sitting BTW - god damn English linesmen! - but if you can't pick up a win against New Zealand, Slovakia and Paraguay (who look the poorest of the South American sides IMO) then you don't deserve to go through.

Hopefully the Italian chiefs will look to rebuild rather than rehashing the same old players again.

God damn parents, making me support two piss poor countries.  :angry:

Hate to sound like a cunt, but I called that before the tournament ever started. The players he picked were past it, and he couldn't really inject much dynamism and creativity because he left the players who have this at home!

Lippi just got it all wrong, and most in Italy could see it coming.

Yeah, I didn't expect them to win the whole thing, but they should have had more than enough to get out of the group no matter which players Lippi took in the squad. It boils down to a lack of application on the part of the players and a refusal/inability to see what was wrong from the manager.

As far as I'm concerned, if ANY part of the defenders body is level with ANY part of the attacker then it should be onside. Even if it is just the defenders outstretched arm level with the furthest part back of the attackers body. We want to see more goals generating more excitement, not less ffs.

Unfortunately, the rule is the exact opposite.

Kind of funny how much better the coverage has been over here as opposed to the UK. The simultaneous matches have all been on ESPN and ESPN2, both which are HD.

ESPN has been excellent, and the commentators, sidekicks and Studio guys have been great.  Love Roberto Martinez as a studio pundit.

ESPN top top marks this world cup.

Yes! 

A World Cup without Tommy Smyth and Marcelo Balboa!  Huzzah. Now, somebody please kill Alexi Lalas.  I loved it in 2002 when they dug up Chinaglia to do color commentary though. He was dreadful and didn't give a shit. But still.

Worked out nicely today though.

Worked out nicely today though.

Not for me it didnt; I like the Italian national anthem.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Donovan's goal makes the Internet spike at the second highest amount of traffic in history, beating the announcement of the US 08 President election in the process: http://mashable.com/2010/06/23/usa-vs-algeria-world-cup/

looks like a combination of both games actually.

No, only America have any significance to anything on a global level.