Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Robben's had an excellent season. Surely he's gotta be in the running for the WPofY award, even if Messi's the clear favourite.

Best player of the side winning the WC gets it.

1994: Romário

1998: Zidane

2002: Ronaldo

2006: Cannavaro

Only WC winners in WC years since the award was established.

Ronaldinho should have won it in 2006 but he had a really shite WC, Ronaldo was really good in 2002, Zidane dominated 1998 so I see all that as being relatively justified.

This year, however, Messi has been fucking unbelievable, and it'd be stupid if the best player of the winning team simply won it because he's had 7 good games. If Brazil wins it, who gets it? Most of their best players have had a shite season, and I don't see someone like Maicon winning it unless he scores a hat-trick or something (very unlikely). If the Germans win it, who do you give it? Muller? Ozil? They haven't done enough at club level, in comparison to someone like Cristiano or Messi. Maybe if Portugal wins it and Ronaldo scores 6 or more, then he'd be up for the award. I suppose the same argument applies with Robben. Other than those two, and Xavi, I don't think anyone's done enough in the season to be in contention, even if they go on to have a good run now.

Well, that was weird. They usually get to kick off again before the whistle is blown. Hope Chile tears Brazil a new one. Holland - Chile would be counter attackingtastic to watch.