Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I've got Paraguay in my sweeps so wanted them to progress but feel sorry for Japan, they've been really good throughout and should be proud of their performances.

I know people will w*** over Honda and some of their forwards but i've liked the die hard spirit of Tulio at the back and would like to see him in the Premiership. No idea of his age, looks around 30, one good move in him?

I dunno if he'd be any good in the Premier League, but I like his style a lot.

Guest firetotheworks

It's always the least likeable team that goes through.

By that definition England must be the most likeable nation on earth.

We constantly play even less likeable teams. Germany, Argentina, Portugal.

Decent run from both us and Japan, this sets up an interesting showdown for bragging rights in the Asian Cup in January.

Add in the strongest China side ever, the Aussies, the Commies, and all the Middle-Eastern nations out for revenge, and this just might be the most interesting Asian Cup ever.

Decent run from both us and Japan, this sets up an interesting showdown for bragging rights in the Asian Cup in January.

Add in the strongest China side ever, the Aussies, the Commies, and all the Middle-Eastern nations out for revenge, and this just might be the most interesting Asian Cup ever.

Aye, I'm sure the world will be on the edge of their seats. :razz:

Guest firetotheworks

Its only us that have a problem with those teams..... because they knock us out of football tournements

Exactly, and I don't like it!

Should hoy it on the box over here, gets fuck all coverage. Would imagine its equal at least to the African Cup. At least people probably turn up to games/don't get shot/etc etc.

Aye, I'm sure the world will be on the edge of their seats. :razz:

What, do you mean we're not as good as Europe? Lies! :rolleyes:

Should hoy it on the box over here, gets f*** all coverage. Would imagine its equal at least to the African Cup. At least people probably turn up to games/don't get shot/etc etc.

I think even from a neutral's standpoint it's the most interesting continental tournament anywhere save Euros as you literally have no idea who will win before it actually starts. South Korea/Japan/China/Australia and 2039489023854 random Arabs are all in with a chance. No nation has won more than three times, we haven't since 1960. Iraq won in 2007 which was an immense story considering their situation.

You also get to see some absurd minnows like Turkmenistan or Vietnam come and play against established teams like Korea/Japan/Iran/Saudi Arabia, which is always interesting.

Should hoy it on the box over here, gets f*** all coverage. Would imagine its equal at least to the African Cup. At least people probably turn up to games/don't get shot/etc etc.

I think even from a neutral's standpoint it's the most interesting continental tournament anywhere save Euros as you literally have no idea who will win before it actually starts. South Korea/Japan/China/Australia and 2039489023854 random Arabs are all in with a chance. No nation has won more than three times, we haven't since 1960. Iraq won in 2007 which was an immense story considering their situation.

You also get to see some absurd minnows like Turkmenistan or Vietnam come and play against established teams like Korea/Japan/Iran/Saudi Arabia, which is always interesting.

It does actually sound quite interesting. It's gonna be on at stupid o'clock though, so I doubt I'll see any of it.

Japanese keeper is still class despite not saving a penalty in that shootout.

I like his passion also, everytime a goal went passed him during the game he would spazz out and punch the floor. It obviously pained him. Eiji is only 27, gonna' see a ton more of him I think.

I'd probably consider it the third best continental tournament. Asian teams always surprise me in their quality and entertainment. Most people would probably put ACoN above it, but I can't stand it every two years, just continues to show how far Africa still has to come from a footballing standpoint. Unfortunately, no way I'll be watching it, going to be going on from like 3 in the morning over here.