Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You lot need to take a step back. Messi, I don't think I've missed a Spain game in quite some time, now. Different passing games for different folks. Some prefer the Arsenal way, some hate it, other prefer direct. The English, punt and chase. All still fall under the umbrella of creativity.

Messi was referring to Parky, who is the only person that has disagreed with you.

I feel there is a quiet majority who get tired of watching 30 odd passes of Spanish peacockery around the half way line. At one point I was hoping Portugal would step up the treading on foot thing they have mastered.

Write the Future:

Ronaldo, Drogba, Cannavaro, Ribéry, Rooney: All of their teams are now back home or on their way, in varying states of disappointment and disgrace. Ronaldo and Drogba scored one goal each (Ronaldo's against North Korea, after a slapstick build-up involving the ball coming off the back of his head). Rooney might as well have stayed in England. Ribéry was part of the ludicrous French mutiny. Cannavaro captained his side to ignominy, leading by piss-poor example. Oh, and let's not forget Ronaldinho, who didn't even get to South Africa.

Great campaign, Nike! :lol:

Btw I think that Ronaldo looked absolutely shit at those 4 World Cup games. Shooting from about 50 metres instead of maybe giving a ball to your better standing team mate.  :lol:

And his "John Wayne freekick position" didn't help either. His free kicks were shit.

Tbf, if the ball was actually as rubbish as everyone said, you'd think it would hurt Ronaldo more so than anyother player with the way he blisters his freekicks.

Didn't seem to bother that wee Honda though.

Back from the pub, we were outnumbered by those portuguese c***s but we had the last laugh.

Villa's goal :fwap:

Villa playing with Xavi and Iniesta for an entire season :fwap:

And to people dissing our passing, you have to understand that after scoring we just passed it around to keep possession and run the clock down, it's not our fault that Portugal didn't even press after being one down.

This wasn't exclusive to Spain, not by any means, but some of the control and passing by them in the first half was absolutely terrible. Iniesta especially. Not sure what they put in the water there.

Sergio Ramos was absolutely brilliant. Didn't put a foot wrong and has an excellent delivery. Contreau for Portugal was quite impressive too.

Ramos was rather shaky imho. He did the thing he always does where he never tracks back and exposes his side of the defense, most of Portugal's penetrations came from his side while he was away and Piqué had to cover his flank all the time.

Llorente's sub made all the difference, Torres was like playing with 10-men. Utterly out of form.

Are you Catalan and support Spain VI? This the case with most people from Catalunya?

No it's not. But it's not like all Catalans are against it either.

I support it because it's the team where Catalans play. Capdevila, Xavi, Piqué, Puyol, Cesc, Valdés, Busquets... we got quite the representation.

It's not like I hate Spain either, even though I consider myself Catalan.

Ok, attacking wise he was great. Didn't think Portugal had too many penetrations however. But Ramos cross for Llorentes chance was perfect and he had a good shot himself to name a couple.

Ramos is held back by his decision-making. When he grows a brain he'll be one of the best in that position. Looks like Mou wants to move him to CB though.

No it's not. But it's not like all Catalans are against it either.

I support it because it's the team where Catalans play. Capdevila, Xavi, Piqué, Puyol, Cesc, Valdés, Busquets... we got quite the representation.

Cool, off to Barca again in a couple of weeks, last time I was there the copa america final was held and I saw it this amazing wee mexican bar full of Argentina and Brazil fans. I arrive on the day of the world cup final this time, meeting my friend, a season ticket holder with Barca. Will be fantastic if Spain are in the final and to see what the reaction is.

Would rather watch the Germans any day of the week than Spain. Different shakes but it's boring watching one side dominate possession without really going anywhere. Probably why I don't get the Barca love in either.

Would rather watch the Germans any day of the week than Spain. Different shakes but it's boring watching one side dominate possession without really going anywhere. Probably why I don't get the Barca love in either.

In Barça's case, an average of 2'7 goals per game these past two seasons beg to differ. But I can see why you'd prefer a more direct approach. I enjoy watching Germany.