Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why people underrate Capdevila so much I'll never understand. Maybe it's because he doesn't play in a big club, but he's a very solid defender.

Ramos is way shakier defensively.

Good. If things don't go to plan we will bring on Elia to make his life miserable. Although neither team is specifically 'dirty' I can see a sending off or two for the final, probably involving our defensive midfielders and/or your full backs..

Why people underrate Capdevila so much I'll never understand. Maybe it's because he doesn't play in a big club, but he's a very solid defender. Ramos is way shakier defensively.

I think Capdevila has been one of your best players this tournament.

His pace has slipped a bit recently though.

Why people underrate Capdevila so much I'll never understand. Maybe it's because he doesn't play in a big club, but he's a very solid defender. Ramos is way shakier defensively.

Some on here are claiming Jose Enrique is better.   :undecided:

Some on here are claiming Jose Enrique is better.   :undecided:

i think enrique is defensivly......not so much need for that if the oppo cant get the ball though.

Why people underrate Capdevila so much I'll never understand. Maybe it's because he doesn't play in a big club, but he's a very solid defender.

Ramos is way shakier defensively.

Good. If things don't go to plan we will bring on Elia to make his life miserable. Although neither team is specifically 'dirty' I can see a sending off or two for the final, probably involving our defensive midfielders and/or your full backs..

Although neither team are specifically dirty expect to see plenty of rolling around on the floor writhing in pain, much knashing of teeth and a fair few faces distorted in agony.

And surely Van Bommel will get sent off if it is anyone.

Quick short passing turns me on, what can I say. We do it better at Barça though.

Depends on whether it gets anywhere or if it's just passing for passing sake.  Barca vs Inter in CL Semi was very ineffective because it never progressed. It was lots of posession but only at 35yrds out and never penetrating. Sideways passing.

However the more usual Barca incisive passing is very entertaining and to be admired. 

I just didn't see much of that during the Spain games this WC.

Sat too deep and showed the dwarves too much respect, got what they deserved in the end. In that 10 min spell when they were chasing it, you could see what the Germans should have been doing from the start. Really can't have two mids sitting all game, one has to come out and support. Low got it all wrong today and hopefully that's the end of all the ridiculous hero worship he's been getting here. In saying that, Germany have built a good platform for years to come.

Like Barca, Spain also have a very good pressing game, to go with their creativity in attack. They completely stifled the Germans. If they play like that on Sunday, they'll win.

Like Barca, Spain also have a very good pressing game, to go with their creativity in attack. They completely stifled the Germans. If they play like that on Sunday, they'll win.

Pressing right up the pitch is a key part of what they are about and it's rarely mentioned actually.

Pressing right up the pitch is a key part of what they are about and it's rarely mentioned actually.

The game didn't go how I thought it would. I could see Spain having to commit more and more men forward and then get punished on the break. But the minute they lost the ball, they closed the Germans right down and stopped any flow to their attacks. Basically, Spain were too good.

The game didn't go how I thought it would. I could see Spain having to commit more and more men forward and then get punished on the break. But the minute they lost the ball, they closed the Germans right down and stopped any flow to their attacks. Basically, Spain were too good.

The Germans feeling for the first time that 'fear' the English felt all tournament. The thing I love about Spain although sometimes the overplaying can be irritating is that when they slow it right down, it's kinda hynotic and you can feel the opp going to sleep and then suddenly someone will burst forward and gaps will open. Some lovely stuff tonight. The Dutch will really have to get amongst them or they will be hypnotised as well.

Pig Farmer (Litterally Pig Raiser)

That might be what it once meant, but in modern German (or proper German as opposed to Bavarian), it's much closer in meaning to "pig mounter", as in "pig fucker".

Germans were a bit rubbish. They weren't prepared to let the Spanish keep the ball, and let the lack of possession get to them. They hardly managed to complete a pass in the first half.

The Germans feeling for the first time that 'fear' the English felt all tournament. The thing I love about Spain although sometimes the overplaying can be irritating is that when they slow it right down, it's kinda hynotic and you can feel the opp going to sleep and then suddenly someone will burst forward and gaps will open. Some lovely stuff tonight. The Dutch will really have to get amongst them or they will be hypnotised as well.

Like Barca, you've got to get stuck into Spain. Let them have the ball, but give them no time on it. And when you get it, get forward as fast as possible. That really gets to them, when they don't have time to play.

Like Barca, you've got to get stuck into Spain. Let them have the ball, but give them no time on it. And when you get it, get forward as fast as possible. That really gets to them, when they don't have time to play.

the problem is they are so good at not letting you have the ball that by the time you get it you're shagged out from chasing after it.

SPAIN WOOOO!! Get in there!! Viva Espana. Sombrero, sombrero. SPAIN WOOOO!!!!!

Spain  :smitten: So happy that a result has finally went to plan! was really worried they'd lose as well, so its a lovely surprise. thoroughly deserved the win, thought pedro played greeat until that stupid miss. fun match. that octopus is gonna be so famous!

the problem is they are so good at not letting you have the ball that by the time you get it you're shagged out from chasing after it.

It worked for Inter and Liverpool, and to a certain extent Chelsea. You don't have to chase them all over the pitch, just close them down hard when they get near your goal. When you get the ball, go directly towards the goal. Do not pass Go, do not collect £200.

The Liverpool-Barca tie in the 2006/7 CL was basically a blueprint on how to beat this Spanish side.

The German side certainly had what they needed--they're sensationally fast and good on the counter--but Löw appears to have told them to stand off, and they let themselves be over-awed by the Spanish passing.

The big weakness of the Spain side is that they don't like it up 'em. Get stuck in, and you'll probably be chasing shadows for 30 minutes, but eventually they'll get rattled.

Thought the sides cancelled each other out which nullified Germany's counter attacking game. One cracking set piece decided it.

The German game plan was wrong, or the players just bottled it. You have to take the game to the Spanish, even if you don't have the ball.

It worked for Inter and Liverpool, and to a certain extent Chelsea. You don't have to chase them all over the pitch, just close them down hard when they get near your goal. When you get the ball, go directly towards the goal. Do not pass Go, do not collect £200.

The Liverpool-Barca tie in the 2006/7 CL was basically a blueprint on how to beat this Spanish side.

The German side certainly had what they needed--they're sensationally fast and good on the counter--but Löw appears to have told them to stand off, and they let themselves be over-awed by the Spanish passing.

The big weakness of the Spain side is that they don't like it up 'em. Get stuck in, and you'll probably be chasing shadows for 30 minutes, but eventually they'll get rattled.

i disagree. that barce side was very attacking in a way this spanish side isnt, this spanish side plays differently to the one than won the euros two years ago, they are a lot more pragmatic. their plan being if you haven't got the ball you can't score and we'll score eventually.

Just got home.

Germany had no plan B. Tonight they were playing the first side that was as organized as they were, and without the element of surprise, Without an early goal, the whole plan falls to pieces.

Und tschuss!