Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost a lot of respect for Iniesta over the course of this tournament.

Not been at his best, but he's clearly lacking fitness and regardless of that he's proven yet again that he can score goals at absolute crunch moments.

Holland were a bunch of cynical, cheating cunts who don't deserve to be anywhere near winning a World Cup!

Should have ended that match with about 7 men.  They were a disgrace to the Cruyff/Van Basten eras who graced the game so beautifully.

Holland were a bunch of cynical, cheating cunts who don't deserve to be anywhere near winning a World Cup!

Should have ended that match with about 7 men.  They were a disgrace to the Cruyff/Van Basten eras who graced the game so beautifully.

:sadnod:

Congrats to VI and all other Spaniards on here. I'm so glad you guys won and have been rooting for you all tournament  :celb: They thoroughly deserved this win too, despite Howard Webb letting the Dutch get away with murder. Why were Holland so upset with him at the end? De Jong's attack on Alonso will give me nightmares and van Bommel is a brute.

Xavi must end up with Player of the Year now, like. He's such an incredible player. Surprised Forlan won the Golden Ball....although i know some on here love him. Not a bad match either: first half was painful but the rest was entertaining. Shame each of my 5 bets failed  ;D

Iniesta must feel on top of the freakin' world right now. Imagine scoring an extra-time WC final winner.....isn't football great?

Miss the World Cup already  :weep: Its been a cracking month though

. :rolleyes:

Blatter in the way of a classic moment for Spanish footballing history, hopefully this is scrapped for good. Nobody cares about the Fifa president, this should be the winners time not Fifa's or anyone else's.

http://img.skysports.com/10/07/800x600/Champions-Trophy-Celebrations-Holland-Spain-W_2476524.jpg

Blatter in the way of a classic moment for Spanish footballing history, hopefully this is scrapped for good. Nobody cares about the Fifa president, this should be the winners time not Fifa's or anyone else's.

http://img.skysports.com/10/07/800x600/Champions-Trophy-Celebrations-Holland-Spain-W_2476524.jpg

He just loves attention doesn't he? I bet he thinks himself as more important than some Presidents/Prime Ministers.

:sadnod:

Exactly.

When exactly was it that Holland become Uruguay and Uruguay Holland? Kicking shins the entire game. Disgraceful.

Iniesta showed even more today how much he doesn't like to shoot. Diving c*** as well, as were have the field though.

Well done to Spain though.  :thup:

He was getting kicked left right an centre, and if you pull up Iniesta, what about Robben?  :lol: :lol:

A yellow card for taking your shirt off after scoring a goal in the second half of extra time in the world cup final. This is what it has come to.

Agreed. That has to be the most ridiculous bookable 'offence' in the history of the game.

Granted, maybe book Iniesta if, rather than whip off his shirt, his first reaction was to get his knob out, but to book him for removing his shirt after scoring what he must have known would be the winning goal in the World Cup final is diabolical.

Oh and condolences to Unbelievable!

s***, the World Cup f***s with people's emotions like.

Cheers Sewelly.. I just couldn't get myself to go online yesterday evening after this surreal experience of being outside at 11pm in complete silence with thousands of other nutcases dressed in orange.. Depressing it was..

I can't believe the Dutch team are blaming Webb for their defeat. If anything it was down to him they didn't get hammered 4 or 5 nil for keeping their players on the pitch. Bitter, vile dirty fuking bastards.  :angry:

I can't believe the Dutch team are blaming Webb for their defeat. If anything it was down to him they didn't get hammered 4 or 5 nil for keeping their players on the pitch. Bitter, vile dirty fuking bastards.  :angry:

I agree, partly.. De Jong was very, very lucky not to get sent off. I think the anger of the Dutch players was mainly because of that ridiculous call not to award a corner after the Sneijder free kick with minutes to go. I mean, that deflection man, how could he have missed it? From the resulting resuming of play Spain score, which is a bit unlucky. I haven't seen a replay of the supposed foul on Elia in the build up, so can't comment on that.. Also, if Heitinga is sent off (correctly mind you), so should Puyol have been. All in all I don't think we can have too many complaints though: Spain were the (slightly) better team. It wasn't a good match as a viewing spectacle, but I can tell you tension was running very high if your team was involved, so I can imagine the disappointment of the Dutch players directly after the match. They were moments away from penalties and possibly winning the World Cup, so losing it to a late goal with some dubious calls from the referee in the build up is a hard pill to swallow.

I used ITV for the commentary, can't stand Lawro.

You realise you will burn in hell for this ?

He's right though. ITV have appauling coverage, but I'd sooner rip my ears off then sit and listen to Guy Mowbray and Lawro. The two of them can send a nation to sleep within 4 minutes. Tis a shame they don't get the 5 Live lot in - they're decent to listen to :thup:

Used to do the mackem games on Metro with Eric Gates. Horrible bastards.

He just loves attention doesn't he? I bet he thinks himself as more important than some Presidents/Prime Ministers.

How else do you propose they get the trophy?