Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think England will do very well. I'm pretty sure you'll still win the group  handedly and beat anybody thrown at you in next round (Germany, Serbia, or Ghana).

I'd imagine that dropping these two points and galvanize the team.  I'd hate to be the side that plays England next.

Spain and Brazil aside, there isn't a side in the tournament without some major weaknesses.

Getting mightily f***ed off with all the gloating Jock twats on Facebook, e.g.

That was sweet. A great start for England with a point against the mighty USA!

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Remind them that the might USA are ranked 14th by FIFA while the mighty Scotland are ranked 1 place below Gabon.  You'll probably need this link for them http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=gabon&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Gabon&z=6

Thanks mate. Next week was going to be torture, but this will sweeten things for me no end. :thup: :lol:

Guest Heneage

I'm confused. Scotland laugh at England, but they haven't qualified for a tournament in close to 12 years...

I'm confused. Scotland laugh at England, but they haven't qualified for a tournament in close to 12 years...

I lived in Scotland during the 2002 Football WC and the 2003 Rugby WC and they were wearing Argentina and Australia shirts.  :lol:

Those fucking horns :lol:

First game was best...Mexico equalised and it went really quiet...kick off and it's quiet...then about 5 seconds later....

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:lol:

Can you imagine the WC in England and everyone buys that Pompey fans fucking bell thing and shakes it all game :lol:

Guest BooBoo

England proved themselves once again of being completely unsuited to international football. Surprise second round exit to Ghana is on the cards.

Guest Phil K

Aye, those f***ing horns eh?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs657.snc3/32477_402357628390_619228390_4487745_887250_n.jpg

LOL - excellent !

Must be Joe Harte in the next, eh ?

Sorry but starting Heskey is madness. Bring the useless lump on if we need a goal desperately and are going more direct, but he offers next to nothing the rest of the time, the amount of times he gets caught offside is ludicrous and his movement is diabolical. So much for the "but he gets the best out of Rooney" argument as well.

Bringing SWP on instead of J Cole was ridiculous too.

Thought Heskey did quite well in the first half tbh.  ???

Made the goal and caused a few problems for the US defence.

Agree about Cole though. I'd have started him, if fit obviously, and certainly wouldn't have brought SWP on at all.

He won a few headers and put himself about a bit fair play to him, shame it's always 30 yards away from goal though. Totally ineffective in front of goal and no threat in the air at all, just not intelligent enough. Crouch came on and won about 2 headers inside their box within about 3 mins.

Their roles should have been swapped today, bringing Crouch on so late is pointless because he's not as much of a presence as Heskey, it just makes it easier for their defence because we go long. Crouch can link up well and is a threat on goal, meaning we don't have to rely on Rooney, who if has a poor game like tonight, means we're fucked.

He should have buried his chance like. No excuses, he needs to be finishing those 99% of the time.  :thup:

I'm not a great Heskey fan but I can see way Capello picks him. Can see him switching to a 4-4-1-1 with Gerrard playing off Rooney once Barry is fit.

Pace through the middle would have won us the game. It's in a situation like that where a Defoe or even a Walcott would be effective. They were pushing up to win the first ball against Rooney and deny him any space to turn and run, a quick striker playing on the shoulder would have certainly got in behind several times in that second half.

As a neutral in all other aspects than thinking it would be fun for my wallet and the interest of footy Stateside if the US won, I have to say Heskey was by far your best player today. Have no idea what the fuck you lot are on about, your trouble was the midfield, not Heskey.

On the other side of the coin, the US midfield really impressed in this match and helped the fucking useless defenders of the US almost mark Rooney out of the game. Neither side was particularily impressive, but it was an entertaining match to watch and at the end I thought a draw was a more than fair result. This because whilst you did have most of the play you never did anything with it or looked dangerous as your midfield totally let you down offensively, and when the US managed to have some of the play for short periods, they looked more likely to score.

Don't understand how Heskey could possibly get abuse today.

He was average today, a vast improvement on his norm.

He is one of the only international strikers for a "big" nation that is likely to miss 9/10 one on ones.

Heskey was one of our best players tonight.  Never been a huge fan but his hold up play and link up play was brilliant.  Much rather have him on the pitch than the flat track bully Defoe.