Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

If the financial benefit is something incredibly insignificant I'd rather we let him rot.

I'll be happy to see the back of him so I never have to consider the possibility of him playing for us again.

Never said you were. Although I don't think anyone would put it past you.

Say for example Leeds could afford £10k per week for 6 months, would you take that £10k a week and pay him £50k a week instead?

6 months is 21 weeks, 21 times £10k is £210k. Thats nearly quarter of a million. I'd rather take the £10k a week and save ourselves all that money.

If the financial benefit is something incredibly insignificant I'd rather we let him rot.

I'll be happy to see the back of him so I never have to consider the possibility of him playing for us again.

I'd agree with you if I thought we had any intention of giving him another significant appearance after that Fulham near-catastrophe.

Never said you were. Although I don't think anyone would put it past you.

Say for example Leeds could afford £10k per week for 6 months, would you take that £10k a week and pay him £50k a week instead?

6 months is 21 weeks, 21 times £10k is £210k. Thats nearly quarter of a million. I'd rather take the £10k a week and save ourselves all that money.

Yeah, Leeds are going to fork out £10K a week for Alan Smith. :lol:

I'll feel so much better about nufc once this waste of space f***s off,will be like a new dawn.

When we get rid of Smith, Perch and Lovenkrands I'll feel like our squad has been cleansed some what.

I wouldn't group Lovenkrands and Perch in the same group as Smith tbh.

In my view, Smith is the last of a bad bunch to leave after Geremi,Butt,Viduka,Duff and Owen.

Edit: Xisco added and it will nice to get rid of him once and for all.

Why is there so much ill-feeling towards the guy? It seems clear to me he's just crap, since that injury. Don't think I could ever have faulted his effort. I wish him luck.

He could have left long ago and play regularly , but decided to sit on a massive pay packet whilst losing us the odd game or 2 when coming on as a sub.

Why is there so much ill-feeling towards the guy? It seems clear to me he's just crap, since that injury. Don't think I could ever have faulted his effort. I wish him luck.

He could have left long ago and play regularly , but decided to sit on a massive pay packet whilst losing us the odd game or 2 when coming on as a sub.

He was playing regularly up until September last year when Tiote came in. Maybe he thought he could win back his place?

I've seen people on here (wullie?) say that if Smith plays, they won't go to the game. While I wouldn't be that extreme myself, especially not if I've got a ST, I can see where they are coming from. Smith is a fucking abomination of a footballer, makes me sick the amount of money we've paid for that tosser. The fact that he didn't even have the decency to leave in the summer just makes it worse.

I'll feel so much better about nufc once this waste of space f***s off,will be like a new dawn.

When we get rid of Smith, Perch and Lovenkrands I'll feel like our squad has been cleansed some what.

I wouldn't group Lovenkrands and Perch in the same group as Smith tbh.

In my view, Smith is the last of a bad bunch to leave after Geremi,Butt,Viduka,Duff and Owen.

Edit: Xisco added and it will nice to get rid of him once and for all.

Loven and Perch aren't quite the wasters he is but they are players who don't offer our squad a lot so I'll be very happy when they've gone. Just having them on the bench is depressing.

Just caught up with the thread. I hope to fuck, it's true and we'll be rid of him next month.

I guess a payoff now makes more sense than a payoff in summer (the number of months left on the contract being key really).