Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

He's going to come back in reverse if his last big injury is anything to go by.

No chance of offloading him to anyone, ever.

:lol: Imagine if he came back brilliant

I'd break his other ankle see if we can get a goal out of him.

He's going to come back in reverse if his last big injury is anything to go by.

No chance of offloading him to anyone, ever.

:lol: Imagine if he came back brilliant

I'd break his other ankle see if we can get a goal out of him.

:lol:

OFFERS FOR ALAN SMITH WILL BE RESISTED

ALAN Smith is not for sale according to Alan Pardew - but he might yet be pressed into emergency striking duty for Newcastle United.

Smith has been linked with a move away from St James' Park during the January transfer window and Simon Grayson, boss of his former club Leeds, admits he would be interested in the midfielder if he became available.

But with United's squad already stretched to breaking point by a raft of Christmas injuries, it is highly unlikely that Pardew will entertain offers for a player who is seen as key to Newcastle's dressing room unity.

Smith also offers an option in several different positions, with Pardew having told him that he would consider playing him up front if he suffers any more knocks to his threadbare squad.

"Alan's been injured, and wasn't involved on the bench on Wednesday. He had an injury but he will be in and around (the team)," he said.

"He's an important person in this group. He's a good character around the dressing room, he's strong, he knows these sort of games and he'll definitely be in the dressing room come what may. I like Alan. He's got 18 months to run here and I'm sure he will want to see that 18 months out.

"He's had to change his game with injuries and the age he's at, but that doesn't mean to say he can't play a more forward role.

"I just said to him I'll use him where I think we might benefit from him and don't rule that out.

"That's basically the message I gave him.

"I think it's got him excited, I think he wants to get up front now and get a hat-trick himself, if he's got one in the locker somewhere!"

Meanwhile, Pardew said there was no progress in his hunt for a number two after suffering a knock-back from Bradford boss Peter Taylor earlier in the month.

"Nothing really has happened. Obviously when things are going well you look at why it's going well," he said.

"Steve Stone and Wille Donachie have done a superb job here under my stewardship and I'm really pleased with them and I'm trying to think of somebody that's going to fit in and not disrupt it.

"Finding that person, who's not going to bring baggage with them because you know we've got a really good thing going on here at the moment (is important).

"And when we're doing well the necessity isn't that great."

http://www.alansmith17.com/newscontent2011.php?NewsID=6

:lol:

Guest Geordiesned

Regardless of what most of us think of Smith that's yet another Newcastle player crocked by a dirty Mackem bastard.

Guest Geordiesned

It looked a really nasty challenge in the replay, Not surprised its done serious damage.

Just seen it for the first time. Disgraceful challenge.

I know he's shit, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. He probably realises he's finished, and he is trying his best (obviously not good enough however).

It was a bad tackle.

At the highest level of football you can´t feel sorry for people if you want to success. Smith may have been good and the injury may have been the reason that he isn´t anymore. sad. but that doesn´t he should be in our team.

Get rid.

I'm not fan of Smith but an injury isn't good as we can't sell him now.

As for yesterday, how come Bardsley twice trying to stamp on Smith while he was on the ground wasn't worth a card (or a trial by TV)?

sell him...SELL HIM!. we can't fucking give him away on those wages man.

I'm not fan of Smith but an injury isn't good as we can't sell him now.

As for yesterday, how come Bardsley twice trying to stamp on Smith while he was on the ground wasn't worth a card (or a trial by TV)?

Double standards FA. I ahte the c***s

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3354307/Alan-Smith-tries-to-start-a-ruck-with-Titus-Bramble.html

Bramble's grip is as Titus a vice

ALAN SMITH might think twice about taking on Titus Bramble after this ruck.

Newcastle's 5ft 10in pest grabbed a handful of defender Bramble's shirt as the Wear-Tyne derby got feisty.

But Sunderland's 6ft bruiser was having none of it - doling out the old Bramble Stranglehold.

... The Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3354307/Alan-Smith-tries-to-start-a-ruck-with-Titus-Bramble.html

Bramble's grip is as Titus a vice

ALAN SMITH might think twice about taking on Titus Bramble after this ruck.

Newcastle's 5ft 10in pest grabbed a handful of defender Bramble's shirt as the Wear-Tyne derby got feisty.

But Sunderland's 6ft bruiser was having none of it - doling out the old Bramble Stranglehold.

... The Sun.

Is this what qualifies as news these days?