Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Tell him to find another Club and negotiate the best deal he can get. NUFC should then just make up his wage for the remainder. It might work in Smiths favour because he's only has a year left and *MIGHT get longer than a year off a new Club.

*This theory is fully dependant upon there being a Club even more stupid than NUFC.

Look on the bright side, a fit Alan Smith will be easier to sell than an injured Alan Smith. I fully accept selling him would be a monumental achievement.

Of the senior squad the following player's contracts all end in June 2012: - Enrique, Barton, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Ameobi and Smith. I can't imagine Mike Ashley being happy to let any of them leave on a free if he has a chance to sell and the wanted players won't sign a new contract. The power is with the players though.

I think Shola has a clause in there somewhere that says his contract can't expire

Look on the bright side, a fit Alan Smith will be easier to sell than an injured Alan Smith. I fully accept selling him would be a monumental achievement.

Of the senior squad the following player's contracts all end in June 2012: - Enrique, Barton, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Ameobi and Smith. I can't imagine Mike Ashley being happy to let any of them leave on a free if he has a chance to sell and the wanted players won't sign a new contract. The power is with the players though.

I think Shola has a clause in there somewhere that says his contract can't expire

was it jfk that gave him a new one?

Guest Roger Kint

Even if we managed to loan him out next season and get a club to pay 20k per week for him it would be free up 20k a week so do it.

Could always try to pay up his contract for that amount, stranger things have happened than him accepting a reduced figure in exchange for a chance to move on.........none spring to mind though!

re - shola. i fear our best chance is to have him on the bench every week, i dont want him any where near the club but he's not going. at least he might put a bit of effort in if he's not got a starting place.

Tell him to find another Club and negotiate the best deal he can get. NUFC should then just make up his wage for the remainder. It might work in Smiths favour because he's only has a year left and *MIGHT get longer than a year off a new Club.

*This theory is fully dependant upon there being a Club even more stupid than NUFC.

We would have to be pretty good/dodgy to keep a deal like that secret. Otherwise any other club would just say "well we'll offer you £50 a week and Newcastle can pay the other £59,950".

We would have to be pretty good/dodgy to keep a deal like that secret. Otherwise any other club would just say "well we'll offer you £50 a week and Newcastle can pay the other £59,950".

I'd be cool with that like.

His ex has apparently 'hacked' his Twitter account - http://twitter.com/#!/AlanSmithy17

Such diamond things such as her claiming he stated: "I would love to go back to Leeds and play at Elland Rd and hear them chant my name again, but Leeds can't afford my wages"

She also says: "He doesn't care about football he doesn't care about anything apart from his ££"

No shocks there then.  ;D

His ex has apparently 'hacked' his Twitter account - http://twitter.com/#!/AlanSmithy17

Such diamond things such as her claiming he stated: "I would love to go back to Leeds and play at Elland Rd and hear them chant my name again, but Leeds can't afford my wages"

She also says: "He doesn't care about football he doesn't care about anything apart from his ££"

Eh? That's a fake account.

Aye, but the plot thickens with this text, 'apparently' from old Smudger - http://yfrog.com/h7aabigj

Aye, but the plot thickens with this text, 'apparently' from old Smudger - http://yfrog.com/h7aabigj

That is an interesting text like!

Should definitely look into getting him signed on a new deal, in a more non-playing role.

:lol:

was just thinking how much more 'non-playing' he could get like. he doesnt even play when he's on the pitch

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/03/alan-smith-training-again-at-newcastle-united-72703-28625497/

Smith’s agent Alex Black said: “Alan has been running with Simon Tweddle at the training ground. He’s doing well.

“There’s a slight chance he could play again this season but it could well be next season when we see him back.”

Black also wanted to make it clear to supporters that Smith has not followed in the footsteps of many Premier League stars and joined Twitter, despite numerous bogus accounts.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/04/recruitment-plans-are-making-progress-alan-pardew-61634-28630287/2/

Meanwhile, Newcastle assistant boss John Carver has confirmed that influential midfielder Smith, who is set to remain on Tyneside for the final year of his contract, has returned to training.

“During his injury Alan has played a big part off the field for us,” Carver said.

“Just because a player is injured it doesn’t mean they don’t have a part to play.

“Alan has been an excellent example of that.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/10/alan-smith-in-line-for-a-shock-return-61634-28663997/

Alan Smith in line for a shock return

by Mark Douglas, The Journal

May 10 2011

NEWCASTLE vice-captain Alan Smith is eyeing a shock return before the end of the season after returning to full training ahead of schedule.

Long-term absentee Smith was joined by winger Kazenga Lualua in reserve- team training yesterday and reported no ill-effects from the ankle ligament injury suffered at the Stadium of Light in January.

The midfielder, a key man in the dressing room, has one year left on his deal and Alan Pardew is eager to keep him on board next season.

With Cheik Tioté set to be rested to prevent him from picking up a 15th yellow card and a subsequent three-match ban, the return of the combative Smith would be well timed for the Newcastle chief.

Assistant boss John Carver revealed the injury boost as United began preparations for their trip to Chelsea on Sunday. Lualua’s return from a broken leg is timely too, with newly-promoted Brighton looking to broker a permanent deal for the homegrown winger next season.

Carver said: “I was at the club yesterday because Alan and Kazenga made a little bit of a comeback in training.

“Both of them joined in and Alan did everything asked of him, including playing in an 11 v 11 game.

“Alan looks in absolutely fantastic condition but then that does not surprise me because he is such a good professional.

“He has been out injured, but he has not let his fitness levels drop.

“Alan is a good player but his general approach is just as impressive. He really looks after himself.

“I have come across players before who, when they are out injured, it takes them longer than it should to come back because they don’t take care of themselves but that is not Alan.

“He does not drink, which is a good start.

“He is one of these lads who is determined to come back as soon as possible and because he is like that he will no doubt be thinking to himself he wants to play again this season.”

With safety now assured, United can begin to look towards building a side to make progress next season. Carver, who rejoined the club to work under Pardew in January, says retaining top-flight status does not mean the campaign is over for the club. He added: “We are all delighted we will be a Premier League team again next year.

“However, the season is not over and we will go to Chelsea looking for that result. We want to finish the season well.”

Meanwhile, United’s chances of landing twin striker targets Kevin Gameiro and Gervinho appear to be dimming.

The pair were on Newcastle’s radar but Gameiro has told French radio that he wants to go to Spain, while Ivory Coast striker Gervinho says he wants Champions League football next year.

France is a key recruitment ground for Newcastle next year, and the club are hopeful of landing one of Toulouse pair Cheikh M’Bengue and Franck Tabanou to replace José Enríque.

Gervinho said: “I am trying my best to concentrate on the final push for the league. We want to win the championship. Also, we are in the cup final.

“At the end of the season, my advisers and I will speak to the club and see what to do, but if I am leaving a club which will play in the Champions League I will only go to one who is in the Champions League. It is the best competition and I want to be a part of that set-up every year.”

Another United target, Taye Taiwo – who plays for Marseille – is on his way to AC Milan, another side who were watching Enríque.