Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Have to profess, however unrealistic/naive this is in terms of actually happening, I do feel a modicum of pity at the thought of an innocent, sheltered real life Alan Smith deciding to finally take the plunge and browse N-O and other NUFC messageboards to find out what the fans think of him and his time here before he moves down to the Championship (or below). Can imagine it'd be pretty devestating for someone who probably thinks he's still a decent player to find a wall of agreement between everyone that he's basically a waste of oxygen. :iamatwat: And not even in a "he's s*** be we love him as he's our Ameobi" kind of way. Even in the Owen thread the viscious hatred for Little Mickey is tempered with some agreement that he was pretty decent for us during his time under Keegan. With Smith there's just absolutely nothing positive other than a prospective party being planned if/when he does leave the club. :lol:

He did score that goal in pre-season that time too, tbf to you Alan if you're reading :lol:

Have to profess, however unrealistic/naive this is in terms of actually happening, I do feel a modicum of pity at the thought of an innocent, sheltered real life Alan Smith deciding to finally take the plunge and browse N-O and other NUFC messageboards to find out what the fans think of him and his time here before he moves down to the Championship (or below). Can imagine it'd be pretty devestating for someone who probably thinks he's still a decent player to find a wall of agreement between everyone that he's basically a waste of oxygen. :iamatwat: And not even in a "he's s*** be we love him as he's our Ameobi" kind of way. Even in the Owen thread the viscious hatred for Little Mickey is tempered with some agreement that he was pretty decent for us during his time under Keegan. With Smith there's just absolutely nothing positive other than a prospective party being planned if/when he does leave the club. :lol:

wasn't there a tale on here a while back of someone having a weekend away and got talking football to some old boy who asked what he thought of alan smith, the poster from here replied about how shite he was, "oh, i'm his grand dad" replied the old fella

wasn't there a tale on here a while back of someone having a weekend away and got talking football to some old boy who asked what he thought of alan smith, the poster from here replied about how s**** he was, "oh, i'm his grand dad" replied the old fella

:lol:

Guest Stephen927

I reckon Alan Smith is well aware of what the fans think of his ability, tbh. He's been here 4 years, the lad doesn't live under a rock, as you might be able to tell from his carefully groomed features.

I also think villas midfield went awol to an extent which helped

Ireland was rank in that game, think it was his debut as well.

And his birthday

That's me told.

What's your problem, you fruitcake..? All I said was I could see it happening because there is obviously history between him and Fat Sam, and he is a Sam Allardyce kind of player. Not claiming ITK or anything..