Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Up there with Amdy Faye, Nicky Butt, Luque, Babayaro, Boumsong etc.

One of the worst players I've ever seen in black and white...

You can't have been watching very long. He's bad, but we've had far worse.

I haven't been watching Newcastle as long as 99% on here, but I know that I can safely say he's the worst player I've seen play for us in my time. Absolutely no hyperbole either, comfortably the worst.

Rozehnal, Cacapa and Butt were worse in recent years, to name but a few.

Not defending Smith, cause he was awful today.

Nope. All 3 were better players than Smith.

Guest dogbeak

did any one see his body language when he gave the ball away inside our own half late in the game? He simply started walking back very slowly as if he was walking with his girlfriend on the beach.

yep. shitbag antics.

irks me to no end, this chap.

Guest firetotheworks

He must have been pretty shit today then. Nowhere near the worst player I've seen play for us though, he's not even the worst player in our squad.

Guest neesy111

He must have been pretty shit today then. Nowhere near the worst player I've seen play for us though, he's not even the worst player in our squad.

Who is then?

Guest firetotheworks

He must have been pretty s*** today then. Nowhere near the worst player I've seen play for us though, he's not even the worst player in our squad.

Who is then?

Perch. Comfortably.

Guest neesy111

He must have been pretty s*** today then. Nowhere near the worst player I've seen play for us though, he's not even the worst player in our squad.

Who is then?

Perch. Comfortably.

Hmm, very debatable.  Perch is out of his depth in this division but a solid championship player, Smith didn't even look good in the championship for me.

Guest neesy111

I love the people who say we should sell him. It's as though no other club have seen how poor he is and what wages he's on.

He was linked with Everton quite a bit last season.  Some fans I know of other clubs do rate him, still think he's an honest pro and all that shit.

But your right, we can't get rid of him at all.  I would honestly like us to cancel his contract (wont happen though), just having him around makes me uneasy.

I love the people who say we should sell him. It's as though no other club have seen how poor he is and what wages he's on.

I'd happily see us pay him millions of pounds to fuck off out of our squad tbh. Don't expect anyone to buy him, and even on a free they'd never pay his wages.

It would be of absolutely no harm to let him leave for free. Even if we were at our bare bones and had to play youth players there, they'd do no worse than he does out there.

However, it would be difficult to even let him leave for free because of his wages.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

You know when Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan are your central midfield partnership in the Premier League you're in trouble!

I'm sure it's been mentioned/asked but is his contract up this summer or next?

2012.  I feel like crying after seeing that.

So that's why the world's supposed to end in 2012.

we'll have just being rid of him and challenging for the title (allow me my delusions only thing keeping me sober right now) and then boom world ends just as we go top of the table on 21st of december 2012