Vuvuzela

Thespence

I don't understand how people are still blowing them when someone scores.  How do you fight the instinct to throw your hands in the air and cheer, or put your head in your hands?  What kind of fan sees their team score or conceed in the World Cup and just continues blowing into a plakker tube like they have been for the past 30 minutes?

How someone can defend the Vuvuzela is just madness for me, ruins most of the experience of the game.

I seriously got tired of watching the games i have seen because of that shit sound.

Was in Sweden on Saturday and watched the Korea and Nigeria game on the telly and in the end i almost muted the fucking sound.

That sound is gonna be in peoples ears for months after the WC is over.

Really? It's a bit irritating, but after 5 minutes in I hardly notice it's there.

People constantly moaning about vuvuzelas is as irritating as the actual bastard trumpets.

I don't understand how people are still blowing them when someone scores.  How do you fight the instinct to throw your hands in the air and cheer, or put your head in your hands?  What kind of fan sees their team score or conceed in the World Cup and just continues blowing into a plakker tube like they have been for the past 30 minutes?

mind that said, you could hear a pin drop after rafa marquez equalised against s'africa, no one was blowing them then  ;D

Oh my, you lot are a bunch of twits. im expecting a backlash, but had to pop on here and let you know what a bunch of muppets you are...

this is an african world cup, with african fans and an african atmosphere.... get off your high horse.....

want me to start a thread about fat shirtless geordies and how inappropriate that is? there is a lot that can be said good and bad about newcastle supporters. no, im not a WUM, ive been a newcastle supporter for 20 years, and im from South Africa. Proudly South African.

show some respect. if you dont understand african culture/heritage, then at least respect it, else shut up. This is not europe. We dont do things your way.

Guest icemanblue

Oh my, you lot are a bunch of twits. im expecting a backlash, but had to pop on here and let you know what a bunch of muppets you are...

this is an african world cup, with african fans and an african atmosphere.... get off your high horse.....

want me to start a thread about fat shirtless geordies and how inappropriate that is? there is a lot that can be said good and bad about newcastle supporters. no, im not a WUM, ive been a newcastle supporter for 20 years, and im from South Africa. Proudly South African.

show some respect. if you dont understand african culture/heritage, then at least respect it, else shut up. This is not europe. We dont do things your way.

Ooooh, can you tell me what they've done with the prawns for the World Cup?

Guest firetotheworks

If that's African culture (which I highly doubt) then it's not doing itself any favours.

Guest foreverer

Keep them for african matches only then.

Aye, because 'fat shirtless geordies' disrupt the atmosphere and enjoyment of the World Cup. Not to mention team cohesion. It's noise for the sake of it and the worthless wankers should join a band if they want to blow horns for 2 hours.

Oh the irony :mackems: :mackems:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Explain the culture behind them please.

African games are all about colour, noise, outlandish costumes, etc Thats what we are all about. We Dress in crazy stupid outfits, with big sunglasses and hats etc. We make a noise with our vuvuzela (amongst other instruments). That is what African football is all about.

It might not make sense to you. Neither does a man taking 10 wives. Just respect that other countries and their supporters are different than yours.

Id love to know why they dont even bother making some form of pattern or variety with them atleast.

Ive a hard time believing anyone is actually entertained by a single constant droning note for near two hours.

Guest firetotheworks

African games are all about colour, noise, outlandish costumes, etc Thats what we are all about. We Dress in crazy stupid outfits, with big sunglasses and hats etc. We make a noise with our vuvuzela (amongst other instruments). That is what African football is all about.

It might not make sense to you. Neither does a man taking 10 wives. Just respect that other countries and their supporters are different than yours.

I'd like to hear them, ah wait, I cant.

Like you're doing by ignoring other nations wishes for you to stop doing it?

"We're crazy, outlandish and exciting!  That's why we enforce a constant, monotonous drone which essentially censors cheering, singing, the sounds of crowd excitement or any other musical instruments!"

They make South Africa's support dull.  Deathly dull.  Thanks to the constant drone you've adopted, your so called "outlandish" support makes the Germans look like Mardi Gras. 

Everything is fine bar the stupid constant drone of the vuvuzela. It's not outlandish, crazy, fun and different, it's just really fucking tiresome and I don't understand why you mugs ever took to it.

"We're crazy, outlandish and exciting!  That's why we enforce a constant, monotonous drone which essentially censors cheering, singing, the sounds of crowd excitement or any other musical instruments!"

They make South Africa's support dull.  Deathly dull.  Thank to the constant drone you've adopted, your so called "outlandish" support makes the Germans look like Mardi Gras.

:clap:

It seems to me the people inside the grounds haven't had much experience at football matches, not top quality anyway, and do not understand what an atmosphere should be like and how it should effect the game.