Vuvuzela

Thespence

I hate them, but it's their World Cup, they can make whatever noise they like as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe when we finally get to host a world cup again we can play the sound of metal screeching over the PA for 90 minutes.

I could understand if there was a burst of them after a goal or when a team was pushing for a late equaliser or something, but it's just exactly the same crowd noise all the way through. They blow them when someone's down getting treatment for fuck's sake.

Support your team properly man, get some dick with a drum and a guy tootling the 'come on England' ditty on a loop, then go and throw street furniture at a foreign copper. That's how you cheer on a football team, none of this plastic horn shit.

Fuck Vuvuzelas, part of the culture my arse.

Get these banned, it's making me turn off all the games that I'm not particularly interested in but would usually watch anyway. Plus, it's giving me hell with my tinnitus, really sets it off  :angry:

They are ruining this WC for me like. I mean, honestly why the fuck would you want to blow on one of those things for 90 minutes? Its a complete joke. Cant hear any singing or anything. Ban them now.

Could you hear any singing the during England game at all? I couldnt tell cause I was down the pub.

They are ruining this WC for me like. I mean, honestly why the f*** would you want to blow on one of those things for 90 minutes? Its a complete joke. Cant hear any singing or anything. Ban them now.

Could you hear any singing the during England game at all? I couldnt tell cause I was down the pub.

I couldn't. Sadly I could hear a tiiinnyy, faint blast of our trumpets at one point then nothing after that...

You're not exaggerating with the bit in bold. You want these special events to be perfect. It's like having some c*** lick your face while you're at a gig - constantly.

their fine. just a lot of droning noise,  dont like it just turn the tv on mute, job done.

thought they were pretty good in the opening game, after that its all been a bit same-y, but there not so bad they should be banned, that would be a bit of an overkill.

Makes up for what it is an appalling lack of atmosphere at some games. France v Uruguay would've been silent without them.

How can you tell with that hideous cacophony going on?

Guest Spark

I've grown so used to them by now, I'm more annoyed by my friends bringing them up and complaining about them. The only think that bothers me is the lack of reaction after a goal.

Aye. I don't notice it anymore until someone mentions it.

Makes up for what it is an appalling lack of atmosphere at some games. France v Uruguay would've been silent without them.

How can you tell with that hideous cacophony going on?

There are fuck all fans from the actual countries there for a lot of games. You can tell during the anthems.

I really don't like them. Nearly all the games have been really boring so far and although that's 99% down to the shit football being played, in the past I've been able to get into an awful game, but this time I'm finding it hard. I reckon that's partly down to these things, they're drowning out all the other crowd noise with their monotonous droning sound and it stops you from getting caught up in the atmosphere. If someone scores all you get is dronnnnnnnnnnnnne, and if someone hacks someone down all you get is dronnnnnnnnnnnnne, and if someone hits the bar all you get is dronnnnnnnnnnnnne, and...

Having said that, if that's what they do at South African footy matches then that's what they should be allowed to do, otherwise what's the point in hosting it in South Africa. I don't want a plastic World Cup - well no more plastic than it already is! - if the tournament isn't going to reflect the country in which it's hosted then what's the point in moving it around the world each time? They might as well host it in the same place every time, somewhere bland, boring and inoffensive, like I don't know Switzerland? Part of what makes the world cup special is having it in a different place every time, even if that means that you've got to put up with the vuvuzelas, or you've got to get up in the middle of the night to watch, or the players have to put up with extreme heat, or altitude, or the the shitty British summer, perhaps? So as much as I hate them they should stay.